Nex SR coilover suspension kit for 1998-2002 Honda Accord- *pictures* - $550 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2003, 03:22 AM   #1

Talking Nex SR coilover suspension kit for 1998-2002 Honda Accord- *pictures* - $550

Say goodbye to a harsh ride! No need to replace comfort for handling with the Nex Full coilover suspension kit. I have been thinking about selling my 2000 Honda Accord coupe with all OEM parts, so I am selling all my aftermarket upgrades. I am Selling the suspension for $550 O.B.O., this is a fully threaded full coilover racing supspension kit. Very refined comfortable ride with fully adjustable height and great handling. Makes the accord look much sportier and aggressive looking, not to mention the increase in handling. I've only put 6 months on this suspension mostly easy freeway miles and for the short commute from home to school. Thanks for looking!
Here are some pictures:

Check out these links for more information:
http://www.machiii.net/machiii/html/...n/nex/nex.html

http://www.abtivan.com/nex/nex_coilovers.htm

civic, acura, mitsubishi,1999,2000,2001,98,99,00,01,02,lowering, performance,springs,shocks,tien,koni,tokico, eibach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nex2.jpg (33.8 KB, 411 views)
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #2

...these are a steal.
2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #3

i love this kit
Si-Tuyul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 19th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #4

does this fit a 2000+ TL/CL?
brianlin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2003, 09:26 PM   #5

how does it compare to Tein SS? I mean ride quality, I don't want to lose the ability to ride like stock.

also are you going to ship?
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #6

damn i would so jump on these if i didnt have my teins
TanG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #7

i would take these off your hands if i can sell my NEW GC i never installed
Pre`Cooked Rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2003, 09:57 PM   #8
SILVIA

Send a message via AIM to EuStOn Send a message via MSN to EuStOn Send a message via Yahoo to EuStOn
this is better then teins???
EuStOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2003, 12:24 PM   #9

Better then Tein SS, yes - almost anything's better than SS.

Sam
Sam Lin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2003, 12:33 PM   #10
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Bri Send a message via AIM to Bri
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Lin

Sam
Teins are a good and reputable japanese brand and has the quality everyone looks for... What do you mean?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2003, 01:55 PM   #11

Quote:

Sam
better is what sense?

for autocrossing?

for daily drive?
Old November 20th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #12

For durability and performance - Tein's SS is quite far below the average of Tein's products. Don't even get me started on the Basic.

Sam
Old November 21st, 2003, 07:08 AM   #13
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Bri Send a message via AIM to Bri
Quote:
For durability and performance - Tein's SS is quite far below the average of Tein's products. Don't even get me started on the Basic.

Sam
What do you mean? Do the shocks blow up easily or something? Please elaborate further. Thanks!

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2003, 06:35 PM   #14
blah

the NEX ride quality is harsh like a mofo. If you drive a lot in a city like frisco, you're gonna be bouncing everywhere. But perfromance wise they are about the same as Teins. But with the NEX you can get a really low drop, like an inch or two lower than Teins.

But someone should jump on this deal

Last edited by Vietnastee; November 21st, 2003 at 06:39 PM..
Vietnastee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2003, 09:12 PM   #15

I live in Oakland/Berkeley area and go to San Francisco often and never run into any problems with my ride quality on the Nex SR system. The suspension has 1-4 inch drop since it is fully threaded and adjustable.
jonz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally posted by Vietnastee
the NEX ride quality is harsh like a mofo. If you drive a lot in a city like frisco, you're gonna be bouncing everywhere. But perfromance wise they are about the same as Teins. But with the NEX you can get a really low drop, like an inch or two lower than Teins.

But someone should jump on this deal

hmmm please elaborate on this. do you own them or do you know someone that does? is it the race spec or the street spec?
Old November 22nd, 2003, 12:10 AM   #17
blah

My cousin use to have the NEX SS coilovers on his TL and his ride was stiff. Bouncing everwhere, but then our friend and him traded coilovers. Our friend had the Tein SS. Our friend wanted a lower drop on his CL-S that's why. I've been in both their cars when each of them had each of those set-ups on their cars. Now my friend's CL-S is stiff, while my cousin's TL is nice and soft because of the adjustable dampening of the Tein SS.

I think the NEX SR will be even more stiff than the NEX SS because it's for racing and not for street use.

Just my 2 cents

here is a pic of the clearance difference between the Tein SS and the NEX SS: http://www.bui4ever.com/gallery/my_car/aaa

Last edited by Vietnastee; November 22nd, 2003 at 04:03 AM..
Old November 22nd, 2003, 09:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Vietnastee
My cousin use to have the NEX SS coilovers on his TL and his ride was stiff. Bouncing everwhere, but then our friend and him traded coilovers. Our friend had the Tein SS. Our friend wanted a lower drop on his CL-S that's why. I've been in both their cars when each of them had each of those set-ups on their cars. Now my friend's CL-S is stiff, while my cousin's TL is nice and soft because of the adjustable dampening of the Tein SS.

I think the NEX SR will be even more stiff than the NEX SS because it's for racing and not for street use.

Just my 2 cents

here is a pic of the clearance difference between the Tein SS and the NEX SS: http://www.bui4ever.com/gallery/my_car/aaa
right on the money!

oh and i know who u are talking about. the dude with the cl-s posts on www.acuraworld.com his name is peiqinlong.
str8acura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2003, 04:04 PM   #19
blah

yea he's a good friend of mine since the 7th grade. He's all about performance and looks.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 05:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally posted by Vietnastee on November 22nd, 2003 at 12:10 AM

Just my 2 cents

str8bklam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2003, 06:12 PM   #21

I have NEX SR Coilovers and they are harsh in the city. But where I live the roads are decent and I love the drop on them.
snoopdogg86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:45 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to driven
I saw these same coilovers sell for 200-250$ used in this same forum once.. Tein is better then these.. a friend of mine has had the SS tein on his car for 40k miles.. and that car rides so smooth over the worst roads. Cant beat the 12 setting adjustable dampening on the tein.. you can make it ride as hard or as soft as you want. -Jai
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:08 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to SiLvAaCCoRdV6
I am now selling these exact same ones, that i bought from this member (Jonz) http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...070&forumid=80

NO MOD LISTS ALLOWED IN SIGNATURES!

click on
in the bottom to check out my pics

SiLvAaCCoRdV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by Bri
What do you mean? Do the shocks blow up easily or something? Please elaborate further. Thanks!
he's an idiot and doesn't have any basis for his argument... i've sat in cars w/ both the Tein Basic and the SS... both are smooth and even smoother depending on the dampening setting on the cars.
brianlin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #25

And I've sat in cars with Tein Basic, SS, FLEX, RA, and HA, what's your point? The Basic and SS did not give results that I'd want to pay any amount of money for, the FLEX was decent except for being too soft (which Tein corrected, all new WRX FLEX kits have stiffer springs) and the RA and HA were excellent track setups.

I'd compare the Tein Basic and SS to eBay coilovers on stock or KYB shocks, little damping variation, insufficient compression damping, both low and high speed, spring rates heavily biased towards comfort, basically for the crowd that wants to brag about having coilovers but doesn't need, want, or know what coilover performance is.

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in