TW/FS: Tein basics 03-07 accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
TW/FS: Tein basics 03-07 accord

testing waters to see if anyone would want to buy my tein basics for 03-07 accord.
got these from chad(aprevo) and installed them 01.07.09, i put 1500 miles on them myself and dont know how much previously.

im looking to get something stiffer and would need to sell these first.theyre a bit to soft for me and the way i drive but ride comfort is great.
Throw me offers. edit: if your looking for a trade i will only trade for full coils..


Last edited by 1iLlaV6; February 11th, 2009 at 10:00 AM..
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #2
Banned
 
Lxcord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: spunky fresh
Posts: 5,438
lol that was quick....
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcord View Post
lol that was quick....
haha.i like them a lot,I'm slammed and ride comfort is great.but, they're soft and i want something stiffer.
im up for trades as well,we can work something out..
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #4
BLK HWAK
 
minhokim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, CAnada
Posts: 802
nooooooooooooooooo!

hmm....i really want..........

Always, shipping is PIA for me so sad.

Edit: coilovers FTW..!!!

glck man
minhokim86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
is shipping really that bad to canada?
haha
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 809
i was too late for the ssp that was just sold....boo

anyways i have a set of d2 coilovers on my car currently. nothing wrong with them except the two back coilovers. it's kinda hard to explain...but i'll try my best.

the front are in perfect functioning condition. as in; you can adjust the ride height by two means, lowering the spring perch by the two adjuster hex nuts on the top portion of the coilover (rite under the spring) or by loosening the 1 hex nut on the bottom portion of the coilover and treading the coilover into the bottom portion of the lower coilover tube (not affecting spring rate) because these are spring rate adjustable and body adjustable coilover.

anyways the rear can do the same as the front except the body adjuster hex nut is stuck in the lock postion. i got one side loose but 1 rear coilover is still stuck. so i just ride height adjusted the rears by lowering the spring adjuster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRdo8atXbM

around 25 seconds into the video is the bottom adjuster that's stuck on 1 of the rear coilover tube...

as for dampening...all the coilovers have a knob up top that you can adjust to stiffen or soften the coilover.

i would keep the coilovers if i had time to put some serious elbow work into fixing the rear but i don't have time. i bought the coilovers like that from another member on this forum. i had not known about the issue until i took them home. other than that, they perform well, the front is perfect for me, height and spring rate and dampening, it's just the rear is a little too stiff because lowering it from the spring perch makes the car ride that much less on the spring rate and now more on the dampening rate.

anyways i will do a straight trade if you're willing...
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #7
The Art of Inspiration
 
Aerospacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Taft
Posts: 275
Good luck with your sale. I've already bought Tein SS at the same time when you bought your Tein Basic from Chad. Anyway
Aerospacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sacramento, ca
Posts: 1,289
Send a message via AIM to xxatsayxx
PM sent i got dibs
xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #9
Registered User
 
yz85rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: georgia
Posts: 296
Pm!
yz85rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #10
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitAzian View Post
i was too late for the ssp that was just sold....boo

anyways i have a set of d2 coilovers on my car currently. nothing wrong with them except the two back coilovers. it's kinda hard to explain...but i'll try my best.

the front are in perfect functioning condition. as in; you can adjust the ride height by two means, lowering the spring perch by the two adjuster hex nuts on the top portion of the coilover (rite under the spring) or by loosening the 1 hex nut on the bottom portion of the coilover and treading the coilover into the bottom portion of the lower coilover tube (not affecting spring rate) because these are spring rate adjustable and body adjustable coilover.

anyways the rear can do the same as the front except the body adjuster hex nut is stuck in the lock postion. i got one side loose but 1 rear coilover is still stuck. so i just ride height adjusted the rears by lowering the spring adjuster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRdo8atXbM

around 25 seconds into the video is the bottom adjuster that's stuck on 1 of the rear coilover tube...please specify.
and how many mles

as for dampening...all the coilovers have a knob up top that you can adjust to stiffen or soften the coilover.

i would keep the coilovers if i had time to put some serious elbow work into fixing the rear but i don't have time. i bought the coilovers like that from another member on this forum. i had not known about the issue until i took them home. other than that, they perform well, the front is perfect for me, height and spring rate and dampening, it's just the rear is a little too stiff because lowering it from the spring perch makes the car ride that much less on the spring rate and now more on the dampening rate.

anyways i will do a straight trade if you're willing...
so just the locking rings on one is stuck or..??
all the dampening on each coil works but on one rear iw ownt lower.please specify im sorta confused
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 809
yup you're correct. one of the locking rings on the rear is stuck....a lot of elbow grease will get it loose, because i got the other rear loose. i just didn't want to spend another 2 hrs getting that loose. i needed my car back on the road.

all the dampening works on every coilover...absolutely nothing wrong with them. just the rear is having a hard time adjusting because it's "stuck"

when it comes to adjusting there's few ways...

adjust the spring compression rate by lowering it like you would on the teins (the spring is now loose on the body of the coilover instead of compressed tight) by doing it this way you can adjust spring rebound and height. height because obviously it's lower now (not compressed as much) or higher (compressed spring)

or you can adjust JUST the height by twisting the whole strut body to go into the lower tube of the coilover without messing with the spring compressed rate. (just like the youtube video example i posted). the dilemma is that the rear hex adjuster is "stuck" on one of em. you're just gonna need a lot of force and some kind of grease like wd40 or something to break it loose.

but i still can adjust it by height the other way (which i do) by lowering the spring by the compression adjuster. no big deal...i'm not a stickler but just want to disclose everthing.

these are a little too stiff for me that's why i want to get rid of. i'm getting older and for road racing etc. these are nice, firm, and solid. i just want soft and comfort now since i got other cars for racing...
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
TypeR-AV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 686
Send a message via AIM to TypeR-AV6
i really would like to buy these, but wondering on price shipped to 27203.

BUMP....
TypeR-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sacramento, ca
Posts: 1,289
Send a message via AIM to xxatsayxx
damn i want these =(
xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #14
call me simon
 
simmykwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,208
damn selling the basics already! hahah what you plan to get next? ss? d2s?
simmykwan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #15
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitAzian View Post
yup you're correct. one of the locking rings on the rear is stuck....a lot of elbow grease will get it loose, because i got the other rear loose. i just didn't want to spend another 2 hrs getting that loose. i needed my car back on the road.

all the dampening works on every coilover...absolutely nothing wrong with them. just the rear is having a hard time adjusting because it's "stuck"

when it comes to adjusting there's few ways...

adjust the spring compression rate by lowering it like you would on the teins (the spring is now loose on the body of the coilover instead of compressed tight) by doing it this way you can adjust spring rebound and height. height because obviously it's lower now (not compressed as much) or higher (compressed spring)

or you can adjust JUST the height by twisting the whole strut body to go into the lower tube of the coilover without messing with the spring compressed rate. (just like the youtube video example i posted). the dilemma is that the rear hex adjuster is "stuck" on one of em. you're just gonna need a lot of force and some kind of grease like wd40 or something to break it loose.

but i still can adjust it by height the other way (which i do) by lowering the spring by the compression adjuster. no big deal...i'm not a stickler but just want to disclose everthing.

these are a little too stiff for me that's why i want to get rid of. i'm getting older and for road racing etc. these are nice, firm, and solid. i just want soft and comfort now since i got other cars for racing...
well i didnt warch the vid i have dial up lol.im still confused.but theyre fully functionright.the hieght adjustment is fine but but to adjustability on the shock body isnt.im not to sure how d2's work but i'll try waiting years to lad the vid and see whats up.i want d2's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeR-AV6 View Post
i really would like to buy these, but wondering on price shipped to 27203.

BUMP....
im guessing like$50 or so.these things are effin heavy boxed.56 lbs to be exact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
damn i want these =(
we'll see bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmykwan View Post
damn selling the basics already! hahah what you plan to get next? ss? d2s?
f2's type 1 maybe. moneys tight cuz of stupid school..
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #16
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
xplicitazian i watched the video and get how they lower now.so whats wrong with your d2's is you can adjust the length of the shock?but you can adjust spring height? how many miles on the d2's and are they still good as far as condition and leakage etc..
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:48 AM   #17
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
up!
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iLlaV6 View Post
xplicitazian i watched the video and get how they lower now.so whats wrong with your d2's is you can adjust the length of the shock?but you can adjust spring height? how many miles on the d2's and are they still good as far as condition and leakage etc..
condition is fine...no leakage, i just have a lot of left over wd40 on em because i tried to get that bottom adjuster lose, but yea like i said i gave up because it's stuck, and the reason being is that the two pieces (treads of the coilover, and the adjuster hex) is made from the same material. thus eventually it fused together. a good breaker bar and elbow grease should get it functioning again. i thought about sending them back to d2, they said they'll fix it no problem but i don't have spare suspension to roll around on.

hum i don't know how else to explain it, but i'll find a picture and try m.s. paint to point it out.



this is the ACTUAL image of the coilovers. circled in yellow is the rear hex adjuster that's stuck on the rear strut. the red circled adjusters are all functional on the coilovers, so as you can see....you can adjust the coilover by height AND spring rebound from the red adjuster.

the yellow adjuster is meant for height only so you don't have to adjust the spring load/rebound, but like i said the rear is stuck for some reason...
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #19
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
i want d2's! but to be honest im sorta scared of these.sounds like you put some work to try and get it loose.must be on there good,how many miles and owners?
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #20
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
anyone,is this a good/fair/even trade?

im an undecisive person.it either these or BRAND NEW set of ff type 1.

any opinions will help.
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #21
Banned
 
Lxcord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: spunky fresh
Posts: 5,438
how much you selling the basics for ? I think you bought them for like $200 right ?
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #22
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 32
Yes, please just post a price... thanks.
SiClone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #23
Registered User
 
jc07accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 215
Send a message via AIM to jc07accord
price please
jc07accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 299
I tossed you an offer and never got a response.
lavalleemike222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:58 AM   #25
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiClone View Post
Yes, please just post a price... thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc07accord View Post
price please
idk what to ask for so im taking offers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalleemike222 View Post
I tossed you an offer and never got a response.
i may have accidentally deleted bro,my bad.shoot me another one

NOTE: these are currently on my car so if your interested it'll be a bit as for i have to uninstall and have to look for my stock springs to install.

if you have full coilovers and wanna trade lemme know!
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to JDMugen Send a message via MSN to JDMugen
please post a price
JDMugen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #27
i haz vtec
 
zany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: md
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmugen View Post
please post a price
+1
zany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #28
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMugen View Post
please post a price
Quote:
Originally Posted by zany View Post
+1
^ please read above
1iLlaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sacramento, ca
Posts: 1,289
Send a message via AIM to xxatsayxx
let know how the deals go i want these haha.
xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #30
-DEAN
 
obabyizdean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sw Houston Texas
Posts: 692
Send a message via AIM to obabyizdean
how much..?
obabyizdean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On