FS: Pionner Premier P880PRS (long post) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Champaned_out
FS: Pionner Premier P880PRS (long post)

Alright i got a USED 880PRS head unit for sale... as far as i know i am the 2nd owner of the unit and i had it for about 2years

Everything you see below is what is included

-Metra Dash Kit fitted for 6th gen accords $20
-Honda 6th gen Wire harness $10
-Detachable face plate carrying case
-Auto Time Alignment & Auto EQ adjustment mic
-Remote Control
-Original 880PRS Owner's Manual
THIS UNIT DOES NOT HAVE THE GROUNDING ISSUE

if this is going into a 6th gen accord everything you see here is already modified to fit directly into the dash... the dash kit and the wireharness bolts right up to the factory brackets and the harness hooks up directly to the OEM male connector... no cutting or soldering required

now the BAD thing about the unit... just about a week ago the CD Player has been acting up... its thrown a Error-11 and Error-12 code... which basically means the problem could be anything... it ate my Linkin Park CD and wouldnt eject it out
so today i brought it to several Pioneer Authorized Service Centers and got quotes on the repair...
to repair the CD Player i got quote's from $80-$125... from what i was told, the springs and rubber bumpers are worn so its having a difficult time ejecting cd's and the Laser insdie needs to be replaced

Everything else on the unit works.. Raido, Time Alignment, etc. etc. but the CD Player... it will play cds sometimes, and other times it'll just keep spinning and throwing codes.. but i suggest not to insert any cds in the unit until its fixed or it might swallow the CD again

this used to retail for 399.99 on the pioneer site about 3 years ago... currently the cheapest on ebay is going for $285shipped
now im not expecting to get anything near that price as it is defective at the moment but my asking price is $50 picked up the dask kit and the wire harness is $30+ tax alone... people over at caraudio.com is selling this same unit for $250 used...
you can still get this fixed and working like brand new for under half the price of a new unit
if it was any other cheap head unit i would of just tossed this and not even bothered... however if you do some research on this unit you'll know just how amazing this product is... its considered a high end model for pioneer premier and it out scored several other units that costs much more, like eclipse, kenwood, panasonic... i just wanna sell this unit off and put it towards another head unit for the future

here are some links reguarding the 880PRS
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...pioneer+880prs
this one is about the Auto EQ & TA
comparison

this has two modes which can be switched back and forth... Active and Passive
going active on this unit gives you incredible tweaking ability (this is for people running a full complete system)... it also NEEDS to run off a exterior amplifier
Passive the normal mode that all the other lower budget units use.. your basic Rock, HipHop, Natural, Flat mode and it runs off the internal amp of the unit
but either mode you use it in, the Sound Quality on this unit is amazing

gona give it a week before i post this up on caraudio.com so people here can jump on this deal
$50 Picked up thanks for looking

Wire Harness already set to plug directly into the stock connectors

Active and Passive Switch

Champaned_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #2
Banned

nice radio, I love the polished knobs
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #3
MASTER OF MAYHEM

Send a message via AIM to Joepro
awesome unit, I have one, its the best for sq junkies! I really like that dash kit, mine is a metra as well but the pocket sucks and it bowed, do you happen to have the part number for that kit?
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcord View Post
nice radio, I love the polished knobs
yeah this deck isnt the flashy kind with bright lights flashing... it more on the clean and classy side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
awesome unit, I have one, its the best for sq junkies! I really like that dash kit, mine is a metra as well but the pocket sucks and it bowed, do you happen to have the part number for that kit?
this unit really brings out the SQ in your speakers, sadly i was never able to go active with the unit and see it's true potential
yeah mine hasnt really had any problems with fitment, i know some of the kits tend to bend in the lower pocket area but mine has never given me any trouble as you can see in the pics above... im at work at the moment so ill have to look for the part number when i get home

Last edited by Champaned_out; April 11th, 2009 at 09:37 PM..
Old April 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #5
NSX dreamer

if aprevo15 picks it up without the kit, Then can I buy the metra dash kit? i need it shipped to 18925. how much?
Artistotle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #6

Head Unit sold!
metra dash kit pending sale to Aristotle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
you have a PM... i also made a n00b mistake lol... its not a metra kit... i just remembered i ALMOST bought a metra kit but i found out they had horrible fitment so i went with the current dash kit i have right now which isnt metra lol -_____-

i think the metra kits are built directly for the 6th gen accords.... the kit i have requires cutting tabs because it fits like 10 other honda/acura models, but the fitment is much better

also the dash kit is now pending the next person in line over at 6ga.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in