7th Gen. S2k Carbon Fiber Retro for Inspire - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:25 PM   #1

7th Gen. S2k Carbon Fiber Retro for Inspire

My ballast went out today so i have to remove the bumper to get to the ballast. Since I have the bumper off I was going to take the headlights off and switch them up to Inspire black chrome ones.

I'm looking to either sell my retro or trade for some inspire ones.

When i had these made from my friend larry (littodevil) it was pretty much one of the headlights that started off his business. I paid a grip for these headlights (4 years ago)

What's done on the headlights are...
s2k projectors
full carbon fiber custom shroud
carbon fiber wrapped oem inner housing
rotational adjustments

These headlights were one of the first of larry's work....sooooo there are few imperfections. First there wasn't an extra vent hole drilled so it gets fogged up, but not condensation from a leak, but from the cold air outside and the warm headlight inside. It fogs up sometimes but there is no water ever that leaks inside the headlights. The reason why it needs an extra vent hole is because the extra CF wrap/resin on the inner housing plugged up air flow in the headlights. From that pressure built up inside the headlights the clear plastic cover got spider cracks. Also the driver side lens is a little melted on the lower part because larry left it in the oven too long.

Also through out the years and sun ray exposure the resin in certain spots went from clear to a little faded, just like how you see carbon fiber hoods that are faded.

I was going to take the headlights off, find some new lenses to replace the cracked lenses, then wet sand the cf resin and re-clear the headlights with better clear. Drill a new vent hole and put em back together. Sound like a lot of work but in all actuality it's not.

Anyways BOTTOM LINE.....take the headlights as is which include the bulbs for $500

If you have inspire headlights to trade I will give you cash on top and knock off a 100 from the value of my headlights.

If there's no interest i'll throw on some stock ones while i work on these and get them back to good as new with a fresh new clear coat that's UV resistant and a new plastic cover. Then i'll either keep them and still buy the insipires or sell them for a lot more.

Here's an old PIC....I will get clearer updated pics up tomorrow when the sun is back out again.

(you can see the little melt on the lens in the lower left)
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

Send a message via AIM to LiquidXplosion
damn if only there wasnt so much cf i would buy these. I have gunmetal 07 inspires, if the buyer doesnt respond ill let you know if your interested
LiquidXplosion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:54 PM   #3
-bananavillage

omg so sexy..
wjteng90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #4

Yes i'm defiantly interested in the inspires....do you have pics? i'm not sure on gunmetal, it might be the same ones i'm looking for
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM   #5
b20vem1

these are some nice headlights, i seen these in person at a meet a few years ago

they are definitely one of a kind, i can vouch for this guy

not that he needs me to
CG_TypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:45 PM   #6
If You Need It I Got It

Send a message via AIM to ek_mark97
Sexy headlights 2 much cf for me though
ek_mark97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM   #7

do they look like this...hard to tell from your pics, then again how many different versions of the inspire headlights are there.....

sorry for the pic steal as2222
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #8
Project: BGC

Send a message via AIM to b0r1cha
man those are sick headlights man..
b0r1cha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #9
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitAzian View Post
do they look like this...hard to tell from your pics, then again how many different versions of the inspire headlights are there.....
Yeah those.

Last edited by LiquidXplosion; January 6th, 2010 at 01:39 AM..
Old January 4th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #10
Official V6P Retro Whore

recent pics of actual headlights please
<------------------
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #11
can't go lower...FML

actually, both pix of the inspired are the same ones. just.. different lighting and angles =)
as2222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #12
제네시스 쿱

Quote:

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/l...ightsmoked.jpg

sorry for the pic steal as2222
oooh look.. fancy pic.
jjashaa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #13

Just got a replacement ballast, and i'm in the process of getting a set of oem headlights to fix the plastic lens. SOOOOOO i guess since i'm this far i'm going to replace the plastic lens and re-clear the carbon fiber. So if i don't find a buyer by this weekend i'm going to take it apart and it should be good as new.

But i'm still open to if someone wants to take them the way it is rite now or wants to trade for some inspire ones...

here are recent pics. some with the flash on and some without. the sun wasn't out today so it's not that clear. I tried to get pics of where the clear coat on the carbon fiber faded a little (it's a little spot of white). Also i got pics of the plastic lens with the cracks. I will get more pics when i take them off the car this weekend, when i get replacement headlights.

Old January 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #14
b20vem1

damn those headlights are still pretty sick even though the lens are old
CG_TypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #15
resident noob

nice.

I bought my retro from someone who I believe bought them from larry. They are s2k's as well. They fog ever so slightly sometimes, but never any water, so it makes me even more sure they are from the same guy as yours.

Anyway, the overall quality of mine is great, so I'm sure whoever gets these will be very happy. Good luck on the sale.
quick kid 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #16

yea larry's a good friend of mine. his work in quality is perfect with the rite tools. I believe his labor alone is 1000 starting. but he's been busy or he'd fix my retro in a heartbeat. he's a inflight team lead for virgin america now....

so yea, anyways yea i'm pretty sure with your issue it's the same thing, it fogs up once in awhile but not because of a leak but because of an extra lack of a vent port.

and yea i still get complimented on the headlights even for the shape the plastic cover is in. Still am i believe the only person that larry did a full carbon fiber retro for. he worked with carbon fiber for his faceplates and stuff but i know he ends up just painting them black, but i believe there's one more retro out there that has a faceplate out of carbon fiber, but not the whole headlight is cf.

and dreamer....shoot i've always been jealous of your quad set up. if i were to do the retro fit thing all over again i'd do quad. i just was bummed out that i didn't figure that out before you did yours.
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #17
Official V6P Retro Whore

Quote:
yea larry's a good friend of mine. his work in quality is perfect with the rite tools. I believe his labor alone is 1000 starting. but he's been busy or he'd fix my retro in a heartbeat. he's a inflight team lead for virgin america now....

so yea, anyways yea i'm pretty sure with your issue it's the same thing, it fogs up once in awhile but not because of a leak but because of an extra lack of a vent port.

and yea i still get complimented on the headlights even for the shape the plastic cover is in. Still am i believe the only person that larry did a full carbon fiber retro for. he worked with carbon fiber for his faceplates and stuff but i know he ends up just painting them black, but i believe there's one more retro out there that has a faceplate out of carbon fiber, but not the whole headlight is cf.

and dreamer....shoot i've always been jealous of your quad set up. if i were to do the retro fit thing all over again i'd do quad. i just was bummed out that i didn't figure that out before you did yours.

Yeah, the quad setup is pretty freakin nice. But after some close calls, the quad has retired until the car becomes all show and not a DD.

Also, the quad setup was Larry's brain child. After 6 or so months, he had pitched the idea to me, and 6 months after that, I was like, sweeeeeeet. Now, the retro took a year to complete, but it's something that will never be created again with the same custom stuff that Larry does. Not to mention, to get the same type of thing done by Larry again would cost upwards of $5k.

But anywayz about your setup. I'll pm you some questions so I don't junk up your thread.

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #18

that's correct, condensation is when it doesn't have ventilation. from what i can tell, larry is the ****.
lippstuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #19
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

They need a bit of work, if your taking offers lmk
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #20

are the headlights hazy/yellowing? seems like it from the pics or is it just the pictures?
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #21
original member!

Send a message via AIM to Nittanys1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG_TypeR View Post
damn those headlights are still pretty sick even though the lens are old
yeah the headlights look nice (inside) but damn those headlights are super hazy!!!
Nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to rjp6262
why are those so hazy? and are they real carbon fiber?
rjp6262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #23

the only reason for the haze is the lens....don't know why but i'm pretty sure it's because of the non extra vent port.

yes it's real carbon fiber

I just got a set of another oem headlights that i will be swapping the lens out with, and while i have them apart i will wet sand the clear coat on the CF and give it a fresh new coat of clear (one that has a better uv radiant one)

Then i will get updated pics
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #24

would you happen to have any beam pics?
dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #25

Are u goin to keep em or sell em when ur done?
gflip456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #26
original member!

Quote:
the only reason for the haze is the lens....don't know why but i'm pretty sure it's because of the non extra vent port
its not that...its due to the coating on the outside of the lens. its gone bad and can never go back to normal. you can polish it but it will go back to the other state in a few months. sux because this happened to my gfs 7th gen too...we had to buy her new lights!
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #27

^I seeee.....

thanks for the information, do you think constant polish/wax would help that coating? using the headlight compound plastX?

as for the headlights, after i'm done i'll most likely list it back up for sale but i'd have to get inspire prices for them as that's what i'm in the market for next...
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #28
original member!

IMO it isnt going to help them as the coatong has already came off of the head lights... Replacing the lens like you said you were going to do would be the best bet. dont mess with them once you do that!
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #29

No i'm in the process of replacing the lens already....that's already a given, but after replacing it, should i wax/polish it monthly so that the new lens don't turn to crap like the old ones? or is the normal wash and wipe down good enough?

as for the cut off and beam....it's wide, all lanes of the freeway is lit up, it's an s2k projector, can't really explain much besides that and these retros weren't done by your average joe. so all the proper steps were taken to maximize the performance of the projector. The same concept has been used plenty of times with other retros from larry and all has superb cut off.

as for OEM look....these are definitely not the OEM look, i'm sure anyone would love to have these retros even if it's carbon fiber. if you see it in person you would think OEM, most people don't even notice they are carbon fiber until you are up close. maybe because i have a black car too, that's why it blends in.

these retros in mint condition can be easily asked for over $1000 and most likely will not be used on a daily driver like i have been doing. these headlights were meant to be on a show car, that is hardly ever in the weather conditions i put them through (snow, rain, the mojave, etc.) just like how dreamer took his quad set up off and is only keeping that for a show car, that's what i SHOULD have done with these. oh well....

as for the inspires, i really don't see how wiring and whatever else on top can add up to 300 bucks? unless there's a big profit margin to be made.

all i see needing for a proper wiring harness is;
-a relay to draw current from the battery
-inline fuse
-proper wires
-wire loom
-electrical tape
-pig tails to match oem
-and maybe even lights bulbs if you want to include that into the price

i don't see it costing more than 60 bucks max

then if you want to include the hid system - you can piece together a set for 100 bucks.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #30
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

For inspires you will need sockets and pigtails which in parts alone are ~80, i made my inspires PnP with all oem parts so i know the costs. You will need a d2s hid kit, custom harness for city lights and turn signals, hid caps, if your not using matsu****as then you will also need to seal holes in the bottom of the light.

They wont go for $1000 on this forum, just my 0.02

Last edited by LiquidXplosion; January 26th, 2010 at 06:57 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in