Autosoul Aftermarket Navigation Unit for 7th gen Accords with Dual Climate Control - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ikethegreat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Carpe Diem

Autosoul Aftermarket Navigation Unit for 7th gen Accords with Dual Climate Control

The infamous Autosoul Navigation unit is for sale! I've had this installed for several years now. This unit was produced by Autosoul, a Chinese manufacturer and there are many different threads about this unit on the different Accord forums. I had this unit installed for 2 or 3 years. For me, it has worked quite well for what I needed (navigation and Ipod). This unit has a lot of positives and a lot of negatives. I'm going to be as thorough and honest as I can.

Positives:

1. Navigation! The GPS on this works extremely well. It uses IGO for the navigation software and maps. It currently has 2010 maps installed but I'm told you can update the maps via the USB port on the front of the unit (please note I have never actually done this).

2. Navigation screen is at the perfect eye level. With the screen just under the AC vents, it is VERY easy to see the screen.

3. Climate controls built in. This works for Accords equipped with dual climate controls only. It has all the same buttons as your factory head unit. The climate controls work quite well.

4. Ipod connectivity. I've used my Ipod classic with this unit and the sound is pretty good. There are some negatives for Ipod playback that I'll explain later.

5. DVD playback. I haven't watched more than a movie or two, but the option is there for people who want it.

6. Radio/CD playback. It does both of these well.

7. Bluetooth connectivity. I'm listing this as a positive because it does have it, BUT make sure you read below as it has many short-coming bluetooth wise.

8. Outside temp display. More on this below.

9. Rearview camera display. Please note that this does NOT come with a camera. I can send you a link to a compatible camera for under $20 if you need one.

Negatives:

1. This unit was made for the Chinese Accord. That means not everything works exactly right on the US Accord. I'll explain in the points below.

2. Ipod issues. This unit will NOT charge your ipod. It does playback only. You can not control your ipod from the ipod when it is plugged in. Also, on the Ipod playback screen, the track # and time count do not display correctly. It always says track 1 and the time count is not accurate. I have no idea if you can use your Iphone with this unit so please don't ask.

3. The clock isn't accurate. When you set the time, it will be as much as 30 mins off within a week. Odd I know, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

4. Bluetooth connectivity. I was able to connect my phone (LG Dare lol) to the unit with no problems. However, I was only able to send and receive calls. The address book does not work. Also, I think the mic on the unit stopped working because after a while people said they couldn't hear me anymore. I stopped using it at that point. Please do not ask me if your phone will connect because I have no idea.

5. The outside temp display shows in Celsius. While I found it to be accurate, please note that you will have to become good at converting Celsius to Fahrenheit in your head. This equation works well but it isn't 100% accurate, however it is easy to do in your head. (F = C * 2 + 30). Using this unit you will become a math wiz! (no, not really, sorry). If you don't have the OEM outside temp display already installed in your car, I have no idea if this works or not. I have it and it works, that is all I know.

6. No warranty or manufacturer support. Surprise Surprise, Autosoul is no longer in business. What you see is what you get. All sales final. That is why the unit is priced as low as it is.

Please ask any question and I will answer them to the best of my ability. I'll add more positives and negatives if I think of them.

I'm looking for $250 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Paypal only. All sales are final.

Pictures!

Unit installed

Unit

Bluetooth

Start screen options

Main menu

Sound options

Ipod

Radio

DVD

Rearview camera

Navigation

minhokim86 likes this.
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Carpe Diem

To answer some questions I got via PM, the buttons have a white backlight and here is a picture of the wires and outputs at the back of the head unit.

Old December 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #3

it looks better than those other aftermarket ones though
3.0UALLKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
Did u install the unit yourself? Everything is plug n play? Do i have to wire or splice anything? Also will xm satelite work on this?
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Carpe Diem

I did not install this myself, I had an audio shop do it. There is a connector (bottom right in the pic three posts above) that connects to your oem harness connector. That's all I know.

I don't have xm radio so I don't know for sure but I would assume that it does not work.
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Old Member

Willing to let it go for a lil under 250??
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #7
James

I wonder if I could get this unit running in conjunction with my aftermarket radio. Sort of like an external navigation mounted in my dash, independent of the radio... seems like a lot of work
jconnway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Carpe Diem

It is worth a shot!

Du3ce, feel free to shoot me an offer.
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:42 AM   #9
Carpe Diem

I forgot to mention but I can send the buyer a copy of the manual in PDF form. It is written in bad English but I have it if you want it.
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Old Member

$200 shipped?
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM   #11
Carpe Diem

PMed
Old December 31st, 2012, 01:54 PM   #12
Carpe Diem

sold
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM   #13
JDM UC1

congrats ike.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:40 PM   #14

how much did you pay for this new? where did you get it?
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:16 AM   #15
Carpe Diem

Autosoul used to sell them on ebay for ~$1,000 years ago. Like I said, they are out of business now though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in