|Register||FAQ||Members List||Calendar||Mark Forums Read||Insurance|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|December 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM||#1|
Autosoul Aftermarket Navigation Unit for 7th gen Accords with Dual Climate Control
The infamous Autosoul Navigation unit is for sale! I've had this installed for several years now. This unit was produced by Autosoul, a Chinese manufacturer and there are many different threads about this unit on the different Accord forums. I had this unit installed for 2 or 3 years. For me, it has worked quite well for what I needed (navigation and Ipod). This unit has a lot of positives and a lot of negatives. I'm going to be as thorough and honest as I can.
1. Navigation! The GPS on this works extremely well. It uses IGO for the navigation software and maps. It currently has 2010 maps installed but I'm told you can update the maps via the USB port on the front of the unit (please note I have never actually done this).
2. Navigation screen is at the perfect eye level. With the screen just under the AC vents, it is VERY easy to see the screen.
3. Climate controls built in. This works for Accords equipped with dual climate controls only. It has all the same buttons as your factory head unit. The climate controls work quite well.
4. Ipod connectivity. I've used my Ipod classic with this unit and the sound is pretty good. There are some negatives for Ipod playback that I'll explain later.
5. DVD playback. I haven't watched more than a movie or two, but the option is there for people who want it.
6. Radio/CD playback. It does both of these well.
7. Bluetooth connectivity. I'm listing this as a positive because it does have it, BUT make sure you read below as it has many short-coming bluetooth wise.
8. Outside temp display. More on this below.
9. Rearview camera display. Please note that this does NOT come with a camera. I can send you a link to a compatible camera for under $20 if you need one.
1. This unit was made for the Chinese Accord. That means not everything works exactly right on the US Accord. I'll explain in the points below.
2. Ipod issues. This unit will NOT charge your ipod. It does playback only. You can not control your ipod from the ipod when it is plugged in. Also, on the Ipod playback screen, the track # and time count do not display correctly. It always says track 1 and the time count is not accurate. I have no idea if you can use your Iphone with this unit so please don't ask.
3. The clock isn't accurate. When you set the time, it will be as much as 30 mins off within a week. Odd I know, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
4. Bluetooth connectivity. I was able to connect my phone (LG Dare lol) to the unit with no problems. However, I was only able to send and receive calls. The address book does not work. Also, I think the mic on the unit stopped working because after a while people said they couldn't hear me anymore. I stopped using it at that point. Please do not ask me if your phone will connect because I have no idea.
5. The outside temp display shows in Celsius. While I found it to be accurate, please note that you will have to become good at converting Celsius to Fahrenheit in your head. This equation works well but it isn't 100% accurate, however it is easy to do in your head. (F = C * 2 + 30). Using this unit you will become a math wiz! (no, not really, sorry). If you don't have the OEM outside temp display already installed in your car, I have no idea if this works or not. I have it and it works, that is all I know.
6. No warranty or manufacturer support. Surprise Surprise, Autosoul is no longer in business. What you see is what you get. All sales final. That is why the unit is priced as low as it is.
Please ask any question and I will answer them to the best of my ability. I'll add more positives and negatives if I think of them.
I'm looking for $250 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Paypal only. All sales are final.
Start screen options
|December 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM||#5|
I did not install this myself, I had an audio shop do it. There is a connector (bottom right in the pic three posts above) that connects to your oem harness connector. That's all I know.
I don't have xm radio so I don't know for sure but I would assume that it does not work.
|December 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM||#7|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx, NY
I wonder if I could get this unit running in conjunction with my aftermarket radio. Sort of like an external navigation mounted in my dash, independent of the radio... seems like a lot of work
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|