Selling Car - return to stock or not (ADVICE) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #1

Selling Car - return to stock or not (ADVICE)

Hey Y'all.

The time has finally come to sell my car. I am moving to Boston and my fiancee has a relatively new Jetta that I am modding and still has warranty (and easier to park). So the Accord goes. I own it and now want to sell it straight-up. Here's my question:

With a modded car, why return to stock? Do you not get as much for the car stock as modded? Or do you end up netting more money by removing mods and selling?

I am not personally interested in selling off stock parts cause the trouble to remove is too much, but give me an opinion:

1999 Accord V6 Flamenco Black
-90,000 miles, excellent condition interior, good condition exterior (10 door dings on passenger)
- Eibach Springs, Tokico Blues
-Neuspeed rear sway
-CL-S rims +stock 16"
-Greddy EVO dual exhaust, 4 months old (warrantied)
-Comptech headers
-AEM short ram intake
-Unorthodox Pullies
-APEXi V-AFC
-Clear/Black Headlights
-4300K HID
-"TypeR" mesh grille
-Pioneer Premier Head Unit
-MB Quart speakers
-JL Audio 10" sub, RF 250 W amp
-Black Chrome emblems

According to Blue book value, the car is worth $10,000-$12,000 stock. WOuld I get much more than this for selling the car modded? (ie $2K more?).

Under no circumstances would I remove the headers, pullies, springs, or intake (although stock items would be supplied).

Thanks in advance.
Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #2
Premium User

you'll probably get more by returning it to stock and selling the parts individually
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:33 AM   #3
Premium User

And next time, only one thread please
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #4
say hello to angels..

Quote:
Originally posted by Denali
you'll probably get more by returning it to stock and selling the parts individually

^what she said.
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:51 AM   #5

Well, I'll tell you from experience, you will make more from your parts by selling them OFF of the car....

You can view my mod list in my sig, but my car is 100% stock now and all I have is my rims and brakes left to sell... I made over $4K in just parts... and the car ould never sell for more then $14K with the stuff on it....
Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 04:40 AM   #6

never say never for sellin the car for 14k...dan loxllxol sold his car for 15k, but then again, you'll probably never find another sucker to buy a car for that much again!
imfillinit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:31 AM   #7

Very few want to buy an already modded car and the dealer knows that. If it is stock, it appeals to a wider range of people looking to buy. With all those mods you proabably spent somewhere around $2gs. Trade it with that and you wont get your moneys worth out of it.
r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:38 AM   #8

well you heard em, so how much do you want for that rear sway?
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #9

The rear sway may stay only because I can't find the original.

The headers, intake, and exhaust would stay as well, only because it is not worth it to me in time to replace the headers and intake and replace the stock version (maybe I could get $200-$300 for the CT headers) and I do not have a stock exhaust anymore.

The headunit, which was $700, was installed with the aftermarket IR remote and I will probably keep the sub and amp to put in my brothers car (although I am getting him a 10" W7 with 500W amp, anyway).

I will probably put the car on the selling block 'as-is' in about a month. If I can't get at least $1K over stock value, I will part-out and maybe even return the exhaust to stock (it was re-installed in December).

I will keep updated. My brother has a lift and I can eventually remove everything.
Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:21 PM   #10

cool.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in