K&N Filter + DIY Icebox Assembly and Sellin' AEM Short Ram soon - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #1

Smile K&N Filter+DIY Icebox Assembly & Silver AEM Short Ram Intake soon

Hi guys, I bought my K&N from a member here for $30 shipped last year and now it's just sitting around my garage since I got an AEM short ram.

So if you're lookin' for a K&N panel replacement filter I'm gonna sell mine for $25 plus ship, I think I may even recharge it before I sell it so it'll be good as new. Just lemme know, I haven't uploaded any pics online yet but just e-mail me at [email protected] and I can e-mail u guys the pics.

As mentioned a DIY Icebox setup was constructed w/ ABS piping(not ghetto drier hose, mind you) to go along w/ the filter when I had it on the car. There's a thread carried over from the former DIY section, but go down to post 26 & 27 at http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...845&forumid=64
In any case it's a clean & sturdy install as I checked frequently the 1st couple months and the placebo hp gains were awesome! but i really thought greatest improvement was really in the sound. it's much deeper when on the throttle than stock and the WOT roar(not whine) was much more impressive. a 3" to 4" couples was used since the 4" is capable of of 78% more volumetric flow than a 3" and when the air gets to the the coupler, the area reduction causes an increase in pressure and velocity so it give a miniscule ram air effect that'll make you feel like you're faster than the other guy with the DIY intake
But enough about my construction (I was proud can u tell?), if ya want it, just add $10 bucks to the order and I'll ship it w/ the filter. I paid more for just the materials, and this also saves time & effort on ur part, so i think it's a good deal, but if you have disputes, just lemme know.

But in any case, feel free to e-mail me if u want pics i just took, and lemme know how u want it shipped. I'm in 66062, and the weight is prolly a couple pounds if that.

-Hai

Oh and just a heads up, but I actually have 2 AEM Short Rams. I have a silver one on my car, but I wanted a blue, so I bought one. All i'll need to do is seal the NOS holes made in the blue intake and swap out the silver one & sell it. The cone filter face a chrome mirrored finished K&N before the AEM started rebadging and nixing the chrome. I'll most likely recharge that before I sell also, so you'll have a good as new filter that'll last u another 50k. I paid $63 shipped for it, so I'm lookin' for $60 shipped for it. And again, if u want pics right now, just send me an e-mail

Last edited by Hai_c83; July 13th, 2004 at 09:19 PM..
Hai_c83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #2

ill take thr filter. tell me where to send payment and i will include you a UPS label for you to slap on the box to use for shipping.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #3

Dayum Viper, u sure didn't waste any time replying. But anyhow I'd like to sell it together if I can, cuz i doubt anyobdy really wants just the ABS piping
But if nobody wants my wonderful contraption in a few days, then the filter's all yours! Besides, I still have to go buy the recharge kit 1st

-Hai

oh and I do accept paypal and money...

Old July 15th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #4

^bump^
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #5

Sup, I don't need the intake anymore. So your next customer can have it. Thanks though
Vtech1213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #6

OH WAIT... NVM man... I will take the intake for $60 Shipped. Thanks man
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtech1213
OH WAIT... NVM man... I will take the intake for $60 Shipped. Thanks man
Hey Vtech1213, just to confirm, but you are Michael right?

Oh and don't send the money order just yet, I'm expecting to take it off next week, but if that doesn't happen, I don't want to to be sittin' there waitin' and out 60 bucks.

- Hai
Old July 17th, 2004, 03:52 AM   #8

okay cool, but your selling it for sure correct???
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:42 AM   #9

Quote:
i doubt anyobdy really wants just the ABS piping
I will take just the ABS piping for $10 shipped.

Last edited by Muteki; July 17th, 2004 at 02:47 PM..
Muteki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #10
Founder of PsychoLemon CC

Send a message via ICQ to DeadDoc Send a message via AIM to DeadDoc Send a message via MSN to DeadDoc Send a message via Yahoo to DeadDoc
So how does the dIY thing comapare to an AEM v2?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trance DJ

Camera:
Canon EOS 30D
Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L
DeadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #11

Replies to All! Right here!

Vtech1213: Yes, I will be selling soon as I swap it w/ my blue one. It won't be doing me any good sitting in my garage but to be fair I do need to know whether you were the 1st one to e-mail me about it because someone did before all the postings. Full name & ur e-mail should do it.

Muteki: There someone may be buying the whole setup (Filter + Piping). I'll keep you posted if the deal falls thru. I'm sure You and Viper would be happy. But however, I paid more than $10 for the parts, and it's gonna cost me a little under $10 to ship it, so i'd be experiencing kind of a financial disparity, thus why I'd rather bundle it all together for combined shipping costs. I'd like more for just the piping but I'll let u know how everything turns first.

DeadDoc: I've never had an AEM V2 or even ridden w/ someone who did, but I believe I can say with a good amount of certainty the AEM V2 kicks my DIY's ass There's a good reason why it costs to much, the thorough R&D and innovative design costed lots to complete, so if you'd like to squeeze the last ouce ouf of our engines, V2's are probably the best intake for our cars... well, other than force feeding

Last edited by Hai_c83; July 18th, 2004 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: I can't type
Old July 18th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #12

Yeah, I kinda figured the shipping would kill the deal. I'll probably just buy the parts locally, unless someone in So Cal wants to buy the whole thing then I'll buy it from them through local pickup.
Muteki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #13

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muteki
Yeah, I kinda figured the shipping would kill the deal. I'll probably just buy the parts locally, unless someone in So Cal wants to buy the whole thing then I'll buy it from them through local pickup.
Old July 18th, 2004, 07:16 PM   #14

Sup Hai, I just PMed you my info.
Old July 18th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #15

Send a message via ICQ to DeadDoc Send a message via AIM to DeadDoc Send a message via MSN to DeadDoc Send a message via Yahoo to DeadDoc
But would a CAI help get rid of that windy crap ass noise when you rev the engine up past 4K rpms? Bc im starting to get pissed off with that noise, sound so pu$$y like.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:09 AM   #16

I'm not sure what you're referring to by the windy crap noise. I mean, I didn't keep my stock resonator on there very long after i got my car, but I haven't heard wind sucking noises above 4k with my DIY or my Short Ram, it's just deeper and a whole lot better IMO than the stock 'sound,' if u can call it that. After out VTEC-E gets past 3k, it finally switches out of economy mode and actually give us some power and real engine sounds. However, when stopped or going real slow, I can here my engine gobbing up air from my SRI, but if you don't like that, the DIY Icebox or a CAI would move that farther from the cabin and you probably won't hear it from inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDoc
But would a CAI help get rid of that windy crap ass noise when you rev the engine up past 4K rpms? Bc im starting to get pissed off with that noise, sound so pu$$y like.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:17 AM   #17

hey, so I have dibs on the intake right?
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #18

Ok, yeah my engine is pure stock besides the alternator now. but there is a whinny sound at like 5K rpms my bad when theres a bit of pressure on the engine.sounds kinda like its gonna blow up or soemthing.

Trance DJ

Camera:
Canon EOS 30D
Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:25 AM   #19

Yeah Mike, I'll let u know as I swap the SRI's and clean the filters. Just PM me your mailing address for now.

Oh hey, I forgot to mention, but there is a little line on the pipe where the previous owner's cruise control rubbed some paint away, it's quite insignificant, you can judge for yourself by the pics, they're in full view, but I figure it should be brought to your attention anyway.

Quote:
hey, so I have dibs on the intake right?
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #20

I'm not sure what you mean, but are you revving to 5k while stopped?

Quote:
Ok, yeah my engine is pure stock besides the alternator now. but there is a whinny sound at like 5K rpms my bad when theres a bit of pressure on the engine.sounds kinda like its gonna blow up or soemthing.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #21

no driving, if i do it while at idel it starts doing crazy stuff, i think the one time i did it it went a bouncey on me and i was like woah.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #22

Yeah, don't know what the whining noise is, people in the Performance Forum might be better able to answer your questions than I. Oh and about revving while stopped, VTEC won't open up unless you're moving, and the sound is just the engine bouncing off the stationary rev limited cuz you're, well, stationary.

Quote:
no driving, if i do it while at idel it starts doing crazy stuff, i think the one time i did it it went a bouncey on me and i was like woah.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:45 AM   #23

lol, thanks, not that big of deal, ill just chagne a bunch of parts and then wont hear it. But if i have my sound up high enough i dont hear it. Especialy my sub, damn does that ting hit hard.
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:41 AM   #24

Sup man, You recieve my money yet???
Old July 26th, 2004, 11:05 AM   #25

I left town for the weekend, but I just got the money order last night. I'll be sending it today. I'll PM or e-mail you tracking info when I ship. Don't worry, it's comin'

- Hai

Quote:
Sup man, You recieve my money yet???
Old July 26th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #26

oh, aight thats coool=)
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #27

nice...recieved the intake today...Hai is the man. Installed today and works well=) Thanks again man
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #28

glad to hear it.

mind leaving a V6P feedback for me? I'll do the same now since I forgot earlier

Last edited by Hai_c83; July 30th, 2004 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: i'm not a brit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in