FS: Roll Cage - accord coupe - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2004, 11:56 AM   #1

FS: Roll Cage - accord coupe

FS: Roll Cage - Coupe model only

this is a back half roll cage for coupe models. the roll cage is 4 pieces: main hoop, 2 side pieces, and rear deck bar. the main hoop can be drilled and mounted into the floor or just put in for looks if need be. this is a styling cage and should not be used for race/track events. the cage is however made of high grade steel, and is functional (just not track approved). i have used the cage to mount TV monitors, or other items if need be. the cage is powder coated in white, but you can change the color as you may see it.

ASKING FOR: $400 OBO (local buyer only) - southern california/los angeles area please. email: [email protected] for more info and details. THANKS

ComptchSuprMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:05 PM   #2

I'm not tryin' to be smart, but I'm wondering--what are the metal extensions on which you have LCD screens attached normally supposed to be used for?
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM   #3
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
for shows of course!! haha ..

dude i would jump on this if i lived in so cal ..
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 3rd, 2004, 02:04 PM   #4
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

id put down an offer too, but im not in so cal..
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2004, 02:53 PM   #5

u selln ur bride seats? if so, how much for them w/sliders...no brakets.
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2004, 04:23 PM   #6

too bad it's not track approved...then i would get it
kapao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2004, 06:31 PM   #7

Could this cage be modified so that it is in fact track approved? Are those LCD arms removable? And, is the 400obo price include the screens? Please let me know soon.

Last edited by AcCoRdCoUpE2k1; September 3rd, 2004 at 07:10 PM..
AcCoRdCoUpE2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDB
I'm not tryin' to be smart, but I'm wondering--what are the metal extensions on which you have LCD screens attached normally supposed to be used for?

they were actually custom fabricated out of found materials at a local metal shop. so there i guess was no prior function to it being used as LCD attachments
Old September 3rd, 2004, 07:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcCoRdCoUpE2k1
Could this cage be modified so that it is in fact track approved? Are those LCD arms removable? And, is the 400obo price include the screens? Please let me know soon.
the price is W/O the screenes and the LCD arms. it is just for the roll cage itself. in order to be considered track approved, i believe the cage (the main hoop) along with the seperate components need to be properly welded into the chassis. and that was something i didnt want to do. but not too sure...
Old September 4th, 2004, 11:57 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to 00AccordTypeR Send a message via Yahoo to 00AccordTypeR
I was just wondering if there was any chance you might decide to ship this. Thanks
00AccordTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2004, 12:51 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to driven
I am a little confused.. whats the point of having one of those if you cant race it?
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to SlvrBulletV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven
I am a little confused.. whats the point of having one of those if you cant race it?
Not to dog on you or anything, but that was a dumb question. It is like saying why have a supercharger, or turbo with level 10 tranny with 19inch rims, and a BW kit.....for looks/show man.

BUMP for a decent price.

Last edited by SlvrBulletV6; September 4th, 2004 at 01:03 PM..
SlvrBulletV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrBulletV6
Not to dog on you or anything, but that was a dumb question. It is like saying why have a supercharger, or turbo with level 10 tranny with 19inch rims, and a BW kit.....for looks/show man.

BUMP for a decent price.
Not to dog on you or anything. But that was a dumb reply.
1. a supercharger makes you go faster.
2. "It is like saying why have a supercharger, or turbo with level 10 tranny with 19inch rims, and a BW kit"

any person that buys a level 10 tranny for a v6 accord is an idiot. There are no good working turbos for an accord v6. A BW kit and rims replace stuff that is already there and IS ATLEAST STILL FUNCTIONAL!!!
3. The question I asked was whats the purpose of adding a roll cage if its not functional.
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #14

for points at shows!
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 5th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #15

***PRICE REDUCED: $360***
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:50 AM   #16
6th and BEST Generation

Send a message via AIM to tool462
local only? Do you mind telling me where I can buy this? Im in the Chicago area in case you change your mind about the local thing. BTW , how far r u from Redlands, CA.? My company has a branch there that has truck loads of product shipped to Chicago once a week and I might be able to arrange throwing this on one of the trucks to deliver to me.

-Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tool462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to 00AccordTypeR Send a message via Yahoo to 00AccordTypeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool462
local only? Do you mind telling me where I can buy this? Im in the Chicago area in case you change your mind about the local thing. BTW , how far r u from Redlands, CA.? My company has a branch there that has truck loads of product shipped to Chicago once a week and I might be able to arrange throwing this on one of the trucks to deliver to me.

-Andy
Hey Andy,
There is a company called RS Akimoto that used to make back half cages like this. They were called monkey bars. I have been looking for 2 years now for some place that sells them and have had no luck. Let me know if you find a place that sells them or something like this.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

00AccordTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #18
myspace.com/luxese7en

Send a message via AIM to nE0F0x Send a message via MSN to nE0F0x
I'll give u $20 for the cage.

nE0F0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nE0F0x
I'll give u $20 for the cage.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #20

monkey bars is the actually the company that manufactured this kit. this was the first production kit made for the accord coupe model. monkeybars and rs akimoto had a deal to distribute these cages (back half styles) and after a few shipments, the deal stopped. rs akimoto no longer sells these cages, and monkeybars no longer does these back half style cages....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00AccordTypeR
Hey Andy,
There is a company called RS Akimoto that used to make back half cages like this. They were called monkey bars. I have been looking for 2 years now for some place that sells them and have had no luck. Let me know if you find a place that sells them or something like this.

Brian
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #21

i live about an hour away from redlands, ca. if you're really interested in the cage, i can have the pieces dissembled, and delievered over to this trucking load station for you. i will have the cage delievered to the location for a total of: $400 (which includes the time to have it delievered to the location). the cage will probably not need any special packaging. just have the parts taped and secured together...

thanks

Quote:

-Andy
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #22

275 cash local pick up?
AcCoRdCoUpE2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #23
6th and BEST Generation

Send a message via AIM to tool462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptchSuprMan
i live about an hour away from redlands, ca. if you're really interested in the cage, i can have the pieces dissembled, and delievered over to this trucking load station for you. i will have the cage delievered to the location for a total of: $400 (which includes the time to have it delievered to the location). the cage will probably not need any special packaging. just have the parts taped and secured together...

thanks

I will inquire tomorrow at work and let you know, thanks.

$400 is cool with me
tool462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #24

Quote:
I will inquire tomorrow at work and let you know, thanks.

$400 is cool with me
please let me know if you're interested in the cage, so that i can have it delieverd for you before the weekend or arrange to have it delievered sometime the first of next week; as i will be leaving on a 4 day business trip to utah this upcoming week. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in