Clock light bulb 98 Accord Coupe EX - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Send a message via AIM to Aztro
Clock light bulb 98 Accord Coupe EX

I need some light bulbs for my clock as it burned out. (Duh! hehe)

Anyways I am looking for Genuine Honda bulbs, or Radio Shack bults for my Honda Accord Coupe 98 EX.

Give the price of both of the bulbs you can get it for, and the shipping and handling that will be necessary in order to complete this transaction.

Thank you.

P.S.: Umm... I know this is small fry, but I think I got ripped off buying Honda bulbs from eBay ($5+ total with shipping for one). And I am way too lazy to go to my "local" Honda parts dealer as they are not so "local" for me and they are punks who do not look like they want to work. As for the Radio Shack option, the Radio Shack I know, do not sell these bulbs . What a bummer.

Last edited by Aztro; October 11th, 2004 at 12:33 AM..
Aztro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #2

sorry off topic...but are u gonna change the bulb yourself?? if so how are you gonna do that? mine blew out too...just wanted to know
XxplosiVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:23 AM   #3
Ultra Member

Send a message via AIM to XemptV6
not to be rude to your question but LMAO! I'm really sorry

to help you out in changing your bulb just take a straight bladed screw driver and place it at the bottom of the clock and pry it up. It will just pop out and then there will be 2 wire plugs 1 for the clock and 1 for the Hazard lights make sure to unplug the wires before attempting to take out or replace a bulb because there is electricity running through it... It's very low so it wont shock you at all but when putting in new bulbs it will short circiut them and blow them and it is just a good habbit to get into when working with electronics. I hope that answered your question on how to replace the bulb.

also the bulb is REALLY small it should be the only little thing on the back that turns on it only turns one way so don't force it.
XemptV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 11th, 2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Send a message via AIM to Aztro
Yeah, I was stupid that I short circuited my new bulb that I only got for a few hours :P. I did not pull the plug out :P.

But really, you do not need tools to do the job. Just use your finger nails and pull it out by using the little gaps available around the area.
Aztro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to 99AznAccord
lol You guys are in luck. Back in the day when I used to do LED climate control/clock conversions, I saved more of my bulbs. I got about 28 clock bulbs. Some have green condoms, and other got blue and some just clear. I am not 100% sure that all of them work, but most of them should since all I did was remove them and replaced it with LEDs. So basically all you have to do is pull out your burnt clock bulb and replace it with this other oem clock bulb into your bulb holder and it is good as new. Again, not 100% sure that all these bulbs work and there is no way for me to test out each bulb either. I will sell 5 bulbs for $5 shipped. That's a much better deal than honda. 5 bulbs will cost about $25. So if anyone needs any, let me know. I also got any other replacement bulbs for the dash or odometer.
99AznAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:40 PM   #6

im intrested

Hi, my clock bulb went out, im looking for the bulb for that/blue condom for it. by the way whats the model # the that clock bulb? for example polarg 197 etc..., email me : [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AznAccord
lol You guys are in luck. Back in the day when I used to do LED climate control/clock conversions, I saved more of my bulbs. I got about 28 clock bulbs. Some have green condoms, and other got blue and some just clear. I am not 100% sure that all of them work, but most of them should since all I did was remove them and replaced it with LEDs. So basically all you have to do is pull out your burnt clock bulb and replace it with this other oem clock bulb into your bulb holder and it is good as new. Again, not 100% sure that all these bulbs work and there is no way for me to test out each bulb either. I will sell 5 bulbs for $5 shipped. That's a much better deal than honda. 5 bulbs will cost about $25. So if anyone needs any, let me know. I also got any other replacement bulbs for the dash or odometer.
waccord777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to 99AznAccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccord777
Hi, my clock bulb went out, im looking for the bulb for that/blue condom for it. by the way whats the model # the that clock bulb? for example polarg 197 etc..., email me : [email protected]
I don't know the size of the bulb. I just have a whole bunch of them left over when I used to do LED dash light conversions and I just saved all the clock bulbs. I still got like 15 or so left over I think.
99AznAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in