6gen PILLAR BARS - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #1

6gen PILLAR BARS

after seeing RDX try tosell his i spoke to a buddy of mines who can make them for our cars. and he wants to know how much would everypay for one and what kind of material should it be. were looking anywhere from $80-$120
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #2

i would pay 90 bucs if u could get me one for a 5th gen accord
krazyaccordboi4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #3

i would pay 100 or so for it.
kapao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 26th, 2005, 11:14 PM   #4
jinsoku.com

Send a message via AIM to vTecaznracer
i'd be interested...has to be quality though...
vTecaznracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #5
Go Fast, Don't Suck

Send a message via AIM to J 20accord00
I am deff down and would be willing to pay whatever you charge for it. deff. let us know if you can get this thing rolling that would be cool.

-Evan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boosted by COMPTECH!

konnichiwa *****es
J 20accord00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:17 AM   #6

i'd pay 100 for it
SpeedologyAv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #7
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

id pay in the area of 100...120 with shipping included...but im feelin J 20accord00, its gotta be of good quality else im not interested
99cfENVYv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #8

yea i feel you guys. we'll have a couple test ones. ill give them out to couple people on here and they can tell for itself. hopefully we should have it done by some march or april. as for MATERIAL what do you guys what ALUM??? do you want it chrome?? stainles steel??
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #9
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
How about making it "hidden"?
bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #10
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

mmm well, as far as material, prolly something non shiny since its in the window.

you wont be able to see it from the outside of my car since my windows are 18%, but for other people that dont have tinted windows..it might be distracting for other drivers, and then thats an excuse to get pulled over.

and i would think the more rigid the material the better..

just my .02
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #11
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
how do them even look like.. i am so clue less.

KIET

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #12

can you get the bar to be solid instead of hollow?
kapao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #13

It doesn't need to solid to be strong. Hollow pipe at right wall thickness will provide same bending resistance as solid bar.
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #14
Albanian PIMP

Send a message via AIM to habib
maybe have it in carbon fiber or titanium (similar to CT strut Bar). I still though dont understand the point of this bar.
habib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #15

strut tower bars reduce body flex.
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #16
MARTIN

well carbon fiber would cost a lot more i'm sure, and the point in having it is for its quality and strength, i'm sure any type of color maybe even sprayed flat black or whatever...i'm willing to pay 100 for it w/ shipping, a lil more is fine too, but that "testing" idea is a good one so noone gets mad over the product if it craps out on them haha..."oh and for those guys who dont' know what it does, like Honda 99 said "reduction in body flex" you know how you take tight turns or when you go up a ramp or driveway at an angle, you reduce the amount of twisting in your chasis" look at the forum before this it has pics. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...2&page=1&pp=30
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 11:07 PM   #17
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

it would be cool to see some made with a flat black wrinkle finish, sorta like the rhino lining....

just wondering, does this bar make it harder to take off the back speaker cover, like do you need to take the bar off in order to be able to take off the covers? (im not talking about the indiviual speaker covers, but the whole piece for the back under the rear window)
Old February 27th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #18
Go Fast, Don't Suck

If I got it, I would prolly just get it painted to match the color of my car. So ALUM. is good for me. I dont need it chrome. too much bling bling for me. But let us know if you need any people to test fit it. Ill be one of the tester. Ill pay for shipping and what not to test it out. let me know SAMMY that would be cool thanks man.

-Evan

Boosted by COMPTECH!

konnichiwa *****es
Old February 28th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #19
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠

i would be willing to test fit also..

i would also probably get mine painted to match my interior scheme, so a polished finish(not chrome) would be best for me. keep us updated with any information please. thanks

-Chris
Old February 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #20
keepin' it OG

I'll test fit.. i'm in socal ne ways...

KIET

Old February 28th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #21

interested.. let me know when you finalize a price. I would want a matt finish. Color matched would work (Dark Emerald Pearl).
Paintballny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #22
MARTIN

Well heres the situation all, i've been reading and everyone wants a color match or somethin, I think it would be best if Sammy just made it just one color like flat black so whoever wants to paint it can do it themselves. It aint the hardest thing to do and it gives more options to all of us and less trouble for SAMMY...just a suggestion...and i'm not gonna test it cause i don't know what to look for...but if the only thing that can go wrong is bend the bar i'll TEST!!!
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #23
keepin' it OG

i think we are just getting ahead of ourselves.. lets just have a or a few prototype product out first, test it out, and then we'll fiqure out the coloring later..

KIET

Old February 28th, 2005, 02:29 AM   #24
Go Fast, Don't Suck

Before everyone gets excited I said before that I would want mine ALUM. and I said I would go out and get mine painted REGUARDLESS anyway to match. if anyone else said that they wanted it to be MATT. or dark greed, red, yellow wutever. I think everyone is taking it the wrong way. As far as myself goes I want it anyway it comes, but on another note I will go out personally and have it painted. Others can do what they want lol. But Im down for buying one and having it come in whatever material metal SAMMY choses to do it in. Ill take in hott pink in fact I dont really care lol

-Evan

Boosted by COMPTECH!

konnichiwa *****es
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:30 AM   #25

PROGRESS.... i talked to my boy im gonna meet with him tomorrow. as for the bar migth even be cheaper than $100. if V6P wants to get in on it we'll glady help out. it can be a v6p product. because we actually want our name on the product. but i'll let you guys know more tomorrow
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:32 AM   #26
Go Fast, Don't Suck

cool sammy that sounds good. Keep us all informed.

-Evan

Boosted by COMPTECH!

konnichiwa *****es
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:34 AM   #27

Yeah I think powdercoated wrinkle black or silver (like my eibach strutbar) would be best but I'll take whatever i can get. If its under $100 and its a quality piece I'm definately interested. Keep us updated..
Paintballny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #28

UPDATE: i spoke to my homie. this is what were going for right now. alum hollow . as for price not to shuer yet. we have to go find a place where we can buy the bars. thats all we got. we started to play some GT4 and fergot about it
Old February 28th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #29

im interested. please contact v6momoney for v6p product info. PM me also.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #30

would this fit on a 4cyl sedan? if so im interested
hiperb0y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in