WTB: 6.5 Components - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2003, 11:46 PM   #1

WTB: 6.5 Components

i want a brand new set only of 6.5 components, tell me ur price and post here or email me, let me know...im ready to buy now
Midnight Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #2

prices coming ups.
AXaznAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #3

WTF, what does that mean

Old May 6th, 2003, 10:44 PM   #4

MB Quart dsd 216 components

150 plus shipping.
AXaznAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:12 AM   #5

i got some mb quart psd components give me a price
HBZXACCORDXV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #6

i dont know how much they are worth!
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:55 AM   #7

let me find out i forget too but they are top of the line so dont think too cheap
Old May 8th, 2003, 07:51 AM   #8

Why dont you give us your budget and perhaps what kind of music you like to listen to. By being that vague I could sell you some Jensen components for $1000. good deal..
L_fty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2003, 07:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by HBZXACCORDXV6 on May 8th, 2003 at 07:55 AM

let me find out i forget too but they are top of the line so dont think too cheap
The psd's are not top of the line MBs... I wouldnt even consider any MB except maybe their Q series.. everything else is just ear hurting tweeters that need to be crushed with my shoe.

Rainbow dreamline (entry level) are excellent for the $129 price
Rainbow Professional around $500 would destroy the Q series easily...

If you are into custom components.. buying raw drivers, raw tweeters, and having them actively crossed could be another option.. peerless, vifa, scan speak, seas, LPG are some brands to consider... madisound.com is a great place to shop for these.

for component sets that are good for the money and basically said over and over again... alpine type r and infiniti kappa

lastly.. I personally have the adire koda6.1 in my accord and for the price $349.. they are crossed at 60hz on a 24db curve going to a non-processed amp (PPI 4200M).. they give some great bass extension and presence.

Well these are some of the ideas to think about.. sorry if I ramble but I love car audio...
Old May 8th, 2003, 08:39 AM   #10

psd are right under q seies alpines are garbage ! only thing alpine makes thats are nice are theyre amps even their subs suck and ive never heard or rainbow and nothing will destroy q series n thats a fact! u cant compete w/ components made from crystals come on now dont be a hater on mb quarts
Old May 8th, 2003, 09:08 AM   #11

hey L_fty, thanks alot for ur input, im thinking i might go with infinity kappa;s, ive looked at rainbows but i hear about the custom mounting in the door cuz the mag is so huge, but i have kappa 6x9's and i love them, they are really clear, i listen to alot of rap and rock, but thats it, i like it loud so maybe u guys have a 4 channel amp to go with it, cuz ill need one...hope this helped.....

and just my opinion, mb quart ive heard is one of the best, most people i talk to around me dont know wtf im talking about when it comes to rainbows, but everybody i do know that has gotten rainbows praised them alot, i dont need a huge system, i have subs but i took them out cuz they annoy me, they are fs too, but im looking for clear speakers i can listen to loud and clearly...
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by HBZXACCORDXV6 on May 8th, 2003 at 03:39 PM

psd are right under q seies alpines are garbage ! only thing alpine makes thats are nice are theyre amps even their subs suck and ive never heard or rainbow and nothing will destroy q series n thats a fact! u cant compete w/ components made from crystals come on now dont be a hater on mb quarts
"Alpines are garbage..."? you really are uneducated when it comes to car audio... please go have a listen to their type R subs and component sets.. only the V series alpine amps are nice but their crossovers are rather weaksauce when compared to other brands (PPI, Zapco, AUdison, Arc, US Amps)

"u cant compete w/components made from crystals..."
WTF does this mean!? stop being brainwashed by the MB quart website LOL and listen to many other comp sets before you reserve judgment on one brand.

In general to your comment:
I tell it like it is... and car audio is a subjective area.. some ppl get offended when their particular brand is put down

I never said the Qs sucked I just said there are muuuuuuuch better sets out there and Rainbow Professional and their prof vand would eat up the Qs for breakfast. Obviously you havent heard of the rainbows so I dont see how you could say the Qs are the best bar none.

I've auditioned countless sets and raw drivers with numerous amps.. so I think I have some experience and if I do suggest something you dont haveto worry about it beaing just "hearsay" but from actual experience.

.............now if midnight is considering the kappas, which sing better and better as they are given good clean power. How much are you looking to spend on a4 channel amp. I wish you could spend a little more and learn to create some custom baffles for the deeper depth speakers.. you'll be hearing in a whole new dimension of sound. When you get into higher car audio.. most ppl(including me) ditch rear fill and concentrate on a great 2 channel amp and a great front stage comp. set.

The kappa and ref tweeters are rather bright so if you aim then on axis I strongly suggest you use the -3db setting and if you play them off axis leave the crossover setting to "0". The prefect's tweeter is death on the ears on axis heheh I think they took a page out of MB quart tweeter philosphy IMO.

*phew* so lemme know of your amp budget and I'll suggest some for you.

Last edited by L_fty; May 8th, 2003 at 11:09 AM..
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:09 PM   #13

well ok...i dont have the slightest clue wtf u said...but its kool, i just want a normal amp (RF,Pioneer, whatever) i dont want nothing like jl audio, i honestly havent listened to enough sound systems, these may be crappy or decent in some peoples eyes, but i dont want no thump, i just listen to music, so i dont know how much a good amp is
Old May 9th, 2003, 01:15 AM   #14

<edited because original poster was being a moron>
if u want some clean components get some image dynamics those are nice too
Old May 9th, 2003, 01:18 AM   #15

<edited because the original poster can't act his age>
Old May 9th, 2003, 06:38 AM   #16

Wow.. this guy is the pinnacle of how to be a moron in car audio. The little insect thinks he big just because he got his system made for him and has experienced "JL" and "Kicker"...two namebrands that are basically repeated by every noob out there because that's all they see around their hometown.

Listen up little one and you will definatly learn something. The "W7" is not the own one and end all subs out there.. sorry to break your little heart... kids like you make me laugh when they bump coming down the street.. and if asked how are your gains set and what db your crossover is at.. they look at me dumbfounded as if I'm talking in another language.. all they know is that they got the best of the best and that's been verified by the shop owner.. "yeah man the shop says these be the best y0.. I'm hittin like 170db.."

Each individual has a budget..and within that price range somes a range of worst to best products.

US acoustics of their price range are excellent amps... name an amp that is rated at 12.9volts rms with their low price tag and 3 year warranty?

You will need to be sat down and slapped in the face when another member comes by with his Adire Brahma or even the Edesign A series against your W7. But all you know in your little mind is car audio is a pissing contest.. and not about education.

Bring your sorry excuse of a enthusiast image into elitecaraudio or caraudioforum and you'll be laughed off with your apparant lack of knowledge.

Alpine type R's are great for budget range of subs and component sets.

I need a $10,000 system to be worthy in the audio industry?

MMAts and hiphonics are high end... ??
No mention of Brax, TruTechnology, Arc AUdio, Audison, Tube Driver Blue, SInfoni? I thought maybe you would know of these brands with your vaaaaaaast knowledge of high-end car audio.

Look little noob...stay within your limits and dont attempt to act all tough just because you can afford a W7.. there are many many other aspects to this area in which you need to learn and have respect for.
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:41 AM   #17

ok one comment........umm alpine is not ****ty stuff either...im not a car audio guru but ive been buying alpine cd decks for years, never had a problem with one..hell i sold my car b4 i needed to replace it, not everybody can afford 10000 car audio, so bring it back down to my level plz, like infinity and such, and i have heard good things about us acoustics from other people b4
Old May 9th, 2003, 10:09 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to SumAznFoo
Gooooo Online Gangsters.... Exactly what this thread and forum was made for LOL... Johnny knows his **** and has the goods to back it... all i have to say
SumAznFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2003, 10:36 PM   #19

<edited again because the original poster is asking to be banned>
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:19 AM   #20

whoa! i just wanted some components, but this has gotten way off track now.....lol
Old May 10th, 2003, 02:50 AM   #21

haha yea it has.........
Old May 10th, 2003, 03:01 AM   #22

just to clear things up about alpine only good thing they make are their decks and us acoustics is like wat i said.... generic top of the line it aint no name brand its like buying a tornado amp... it will handle the wattage n actually push wat it says but its still generic
Old May 10th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by HBZXACCORDXV6 on May 10th, 2003 at 05:36 AM

isnt it funny when this guys talking so much **** but look at his ****ty ass car w/ his ****ty ass mod and a piece of **** system. stop callin ur local good guys n finding out names get ur **** b4 u talk to me ite? broke ass joke
Reading his broken english just makes me laugh....
but hey whatever makes him happy in his fantasy world..

To the original thread owner this is waht happens when moronc ppl try to talk about sh*t they dont know about...and when they come across someone who catches them at being stupid they end up cursing and whining like the little babys they are.
Old May 10th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #24

..................... wat kind of system to do u have again? enough said
Old May 10th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #25

which of u is jonny?
Old May 11th, 2003, 04:04 AM   #26

im johnny
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:31 AM   #27

Hey I noticed your thread when I posted my FS thread up.

I'm selling MB Quart 6.5 components with cross over network.

Here's my thread: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ighlight=quart

Let me know if you're interested.
Dan
loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2003, 12:04 AM   #28

Hi.. My name is Tim.. I'm the admin here.. I use a stock stereo.. because my turbo is too loud to hear the radio anyways.. And I'm the guy that'll close this thread if it gets any uglier.

That is all.

HBZXACCORDXV6: If I see you posting insults, foul language, etc again you will be banned for a month.
CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:06 AM   #29

thank you tim...at least this one i wasnt involved in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in