Performance Mod Venom 400 for SALE! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #1

Performance Mod Venom 400 for SALE!

I am selling a Venom 400, which came out of a 2000 AV6. I'm asking for $175, open for any offers.
I don't know if this would work on other cars.

Will trade for:
Front Lip
Aftermarket Shocks
Lowering springs

* Improving horsepower up to 25% throughout the entire midrange 1,000 - 5,000

* The Venom400 is OBD II & OBD III compatible.

* The Venom400 has an on/off switch so smog certification is
possible without detection of unit.

* Easy installation with basic hand tools requiring only four electrical connections.

* Loss of gas mileage to be expected is 1-3 miles per gallon in fuel economy.

* No significant damage or long term stress side effects in long and short range testing.

* The Venom400 reduces the flat spots or delay timing during sudden accelerations.

Link to Product

Link to PDF installation manual

Last edited by unlimit3d; May 18th, 2005 at 12:25 AM..
unlimit3d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #2
CG1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to ATran Send a message via MSN to ATran
does this really work lol? i dont get this lol
ATran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #3

yeah i just checked the site..they're descriptions are pretty vague..
blackaccord69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 18th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #4

Sorry about the vague information, I'm not an expert, but here is a FAQ that may help you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Commonly Asked
FAQ:

The Venom 400 is a top seller and proven performer. Gain up to 25% more horsepower and torque from your vehicle! Installation is easy and can be completed in 30 minutes in most cases. Vehicle specific instructions are included. Here are some frequently asked questions/answers that have been answered by Venom (Python Injection Inc.)

Q. Okay, How Does It Work??
A. The Venom 400 activates at about 25-30% Throttle Angle. When it does it modifies the input signals going into your computer, in particular the Manifold Absolute Pressure and Throttle Position Sensor Signals.
Q. How Do I Get More Power From That?
A. Well, when the computer sees these "modified" signals it will provide a different set of fuel and ignition maps than it would normally provide. These maps tell the computer what the spark timing and fuel injection pulse (fuel) should be for any given engine operating condition, like under load, part throttle or deceleration. The Venom makes the computer use different maps that are more aggressive and provide better performance.
Q. What Do You Mean By Better?
A. Well, the factory ECUs are not always tuned for the best performance, they are tuned for the best fuel economy and emissions. That's particularly true of sport compact cars that are designed to get good fuel economy.
Q. So Emissions will Go Up? and Fuel Economy Will Go Down?
A. Actual tail pipe emissions will probably remain well within specifications. This is a result of the efficient (but restrictive) catalytic converters found on modern vehicles. Fuel economy will usually decrease slightly. It is difficult to make more horsepower without burning more fuel, that's just a fact of life. If anyone tells you that they can increase horsepower without burning more fuel on a late model (95 and up) vehicle I would be suspicious. The fact is, the manufacturers do an great job at getting the most horsepower at the "lowest emission level" possible. But they are concerned more with emissions and fuel economy so they will detune the engine by 10 or so horsepower if it can mean a ULEV certification or extra 1 mile per gallon. (Ultra Low Emissions)
Q. So Is This Like a PROM or Computer Chip?
A. Kind of, but different and better. PROM chips really steamed from GM products. Tuners would reprogram and tweak the PROMS to get more performance.

When we started developing the Venom we thought of doing that but ruled it out quickly. First, the industry is going to Flash PROMS, which are non removable. That means you have to take your whole computer out, send it to someone to have it reprogrammed, which can take days, that is a pain. In addition once programmed its in there and in order to "turn it off", lets say for "on-road" use or emissions certification, you would have to reprogram it again. We really didn't see that as a viable option for the customer. We wanted to be able to switch it on or off (i.e. for on road, off road). The problem with PROMS is that most states will have some type of emissions program. Two things can happen. The PROM programmer gets too aggressive and the vehicle won't make it through a test. Or, they are too conservative and you don't get the performance gains. Because you can switch ours off, you don't have to worry about that.

Q. What's Deal With The Little Red LED?
A. The LED is mounted in the dash and will tell you when the Venom is active. Another benefit over PROMS or CPU upgrades.
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #5
Right Lane Driver

The question to ask is- do you feel the gains yourself?
square_pusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by square_pusher
The question to ask is- do you feel the gains yourself?
Sorry I can't answer that question, because my dad took it off the car b4 I could even test it. I live in the LA area, if you guys want to see, test it, whatever.... If I can't sell it, I'm going to secretly put it back on.
Old June 25th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #7

old post back from the dead!!! does this chip work????
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #8

No, all it does is advance throttle response.
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in