Anyone know a good place for Koni Install in souther Cali?? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:18 PM   #1

Anyone know a good place for Koni Install in souther Cali??

So I called around and got quoted $300 to install my new Koni yellows. Is that how much it costs? seems completely silly to me. Anyone know a place that knows what they are doing when it comes to installing Koni's and adjusting the dampening?????
Nsaladino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:42 PM   #2

i dont know how far away it is, but i have only heard of great things about ccauto. check them out at www.ccautotuners.com. they've done crazy good work, and have very good pricing.
pharo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #3
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
you're front yard would be the cheapest place. haha. just borrow some jackstands and a jack, the spring compressor you can borrow from autozone. then go to town! do you have any friends with experience? or where are you? lots of people on here have done it before, someone might be able to help you out
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 24th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharo
i dont know how far away it is, but i have only heard of great things about ccauto. check them out at www.ccautotuners.com. they've done crazy good work, and have very good pricing.
Cant beat ccauto 562-266-3800.............I agree with "good work, and have very good pricing"

Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:31 AM   #5

just DIY...it's really not that hard... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561772/5 i'm not the most mechanically inclined but i just followed this guy's instructions...and what hammer said, if u have ppl to help u out...makes install much quicker...just need time and patience..
hobbes235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #6
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsaladino
So I called around and got quoted $300 to install my new Koni yellows. Is that how much it costs? seems completely silly to me. Anyone know a place that knows what they are doing when it comes to installing Koni's and adjusting the dampening?????

I paid $514 for labor at AJ USA Inc in San Diego CA! AJ USA specializes in Porsches so I'm sure that had something to do with the price. The labor price included 4 wheel alignment.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #7
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
man you all get ripped out west....i can get springs/shocks done for 25 dollars a corner....so if my math is correct i think i paid 106 dollars..including tax...to get my springs put on...and it would have been still the same if i did springs and shocks....and there is a reason it is that cheap....because it is really easy and it is def a DIY....and i dont care what kind of cars they work on paying a shop 514 dollars to have that done is rediculus...how about you give me 100 and id do it for you. I mean that is more per corner than my whole thing cost. there is much better stuff you could have spent that money on.....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to install suspension and you got jacked of about 300-400 dollars on that deal...there isn't a mod out for our car yet that isn't DIY....which sucks...but its true

EDIT:
Suspension Install at Local Tuner Shop - $106

All wheel alignment at National Tire and Battery with a 6 month 6,000 mile warranty. So if i change my suspension or anything in that time i can go back and get it aligned again for free. -$45

Doing it yourself and the feeling of accomplishment when you finish - Priceless

Last edited by smokin6speed; June 24th, 2005 at 04:42 PM..
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #8
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Amen brotha!!!! I got jacked big time! What I did was had Tire Rack drop ship the Konis to AJ USA and I didn't bother to ask how much the install would cost me until they had my car in the service bay...by then I'm like F it! Then to top it all off...they kept my car for 2 days while I drove around in a Volvo S60 as their free rental! I complained to Tire Rack...Tire Rack thanked me for my feedback and gave me a free digital Accu-Tire pressure thingy out of that deal. But AJ USA did do an excellent job and I've gone back to them to buy my V2 and had them install it as well as my GrillCraft grill.

But yeah...it's expensive as heck here in San Diego man!

nsaladino...shop around man...and if you can get some people to help you with the DIY then go that route so you can save tons of $$$$. shoot...we have a lot of DIY capable members in this forum...so why not get together for an "install meet" instead?

Aight...peace out.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #9
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
if you can get a hold of a spring compressor, Robert (Teirs) could do it. I know i would help, but i leave on sunday, so hopefully if you need it done, he will be willing to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #10
constantly in pursuit

autozone will let you borrow theirs with a deposit, but free of charge.
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #11

Have you checked out the installers thread in the So Cal forum? The first guy Silv Accord V6 in the link below seems to know what he's doing and has great pricing ($80 for shocks.)

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...8&page=2&pp=30
Dunbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #12
constantly in pursuit

he works at 5150 autosports. just fyi
Old June 25th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #13

wow, you guys rock thanks for all the info. I am totally down to do it myself I love doing stuff myself, my biggest concern is I have no idea what dampening level to put the shocks at and could use some advice reguarding that, as well as a hand installing them. I've got the shocks as well as the TL rear sway bar ready to be installed whenever I can find some help. Currently im in Yorba Linda, but I work out of Murrietta during the week and woudl be able to meet up after work or on the weekends in Yorba Linda 92887. Other wise just some advice on what dampening level and maybe a quick walkthroiugh on what to do and ill start hassling some friends to help me out. What im looking for is a smooth ride when I hit potholes and im thinking about putting the shocks on the upper purch because I constantly have 4 people in my car so it being lowerd adding the extra weight almost makes the tires rub. I have Tein - Stechs. So yeah my biggest concern as far as riding comfort is it not being so brutal when I hit a pothole on the freewya, because right now the front end bottoms out and the impact goes straight through the shocks to the frame and it almost makes me cry it sounds so disturbing. So I know haivng the shocks on the higher perch would give me more clearance and less chance of bottoming out but what are the downfalls of doing that if any? and what dampening level should i put them at? I like better handling but I think right now I'd rather have a slightly more comfortable ride. Thank you guys so much for all your support and help.
Old June 25th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #14

I can't think of any downsides of putting the Konis on the highest perch. In my Prelude I set my Konis on full soft in the front and 1/2 turn from full soft in the rear. The Konis are around stock Honda damping levels at full soft. That's where I would start. Konis are adjustable so after you install them you can fiddle around until you're satisfied.
Dunbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #15

hey nsaladino how ya doin? yeah i will get the koni yellows with my s techs along with TL sway and ingalls rear camber all installed at once, here in the DC Metro area its expensive too to install with avg. price starting at close to $300.

And for your Konis how many perches do you have? i thought the yellows have 2 but other people say they have 3 perches. just curious. Ok take care man.
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:12 PM   #16

there are 3 perches
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM   #17

yeah call up silvaccordv6 (kan) he did my 04.. tein SS + rear camber for about $80 bucks. good deal man.. plus if u have any problems just give him a call and he'll fix it free of charge. cool guy too.
chinoamigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in