FS: Magnaflow Cat Back 15640 6th Gen - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #1

FS: Magnaflow Cat Back 15640 6th Gen

I am selling my Cat Back Exhaust (Magnaflow Model 15640) and returning to stock. $175, plus cost of shipping (sorry for the shipping its a bit large and I have no clue how much it will be to ship but I imagine it won't be cheap and varies based on zip). I'd much prefer someone to pick this up (I'm in Richmond, VA, zipcode 23233).

This exhaust was professionally installed and was on the car for 9K miles. There are minor scratches on the underside of the pipes that are completely unnoticable when installed unless you're directly underneath the car, I've taken many many pictures besides what's listed here if you're interested I'll send the links.

This exhaust looks absolutely wonderful on the car and sounds great! I'm mainly returning to stock because as they say, if its too loud, you're too old .

In combo with the AEM V2 this is a super fun setup. PM me if interested Post here if you have any Q's

Karen

Enlarged photo of Installed look

Close up of ready to ship exhaust
KarenV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord01
bump for good exhausts =) i have it too i might join you too on selling lol getting old =( we'll see. good price =) gl
slowaccord01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #3
same avatar since 03'

Send a message via AIM to kEyChAiN
How much for shipping to zip:91730
kEyChAiN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 7th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #4

Ouch the UPS shipping estimation (for a 70.0 lb package) came to a little over $125.00, but could probably credit you a few dollars if you're interested. So, $275 shipped.
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #5
Founder of PsychoLemon CC

Send a message via ICQ to DeadDoc Send a message via AIM to DeadDoc Send a message via MSN to DeadDoc Send a message via Yahoo to DeadDoc
Thats a pretty good price. Little over half off of what u can get a brand new one for.
DeadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #6

Yeah, esp if we can meet and exchange the goods in person I know here to California isn't very cheap to ship. Maybe someone in the MD/DC area will be interested too. If you're looking to save money, used parts in this FS section are the best, this exhaust was bought brand new when installed, and is in excellent shape.
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #7
CG1 Driver

Send a message via AIM to ATran Send a message via MSN to ATran
how loud is it? compared to stock.
is comptech quiter?
ATran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to DeadDoc Send a message via AIM to DeadDoc Send a message via MSN to DeadDoc Send a message via Yahoo to DeadDoc
It does have quite a bit of noise.... Compared to comptech I dont know, I have a slightly different setup than a normal comptech catback myself different mufflers, piping, and resonator. But I think the magnaflow is a little deeper.
Old September 7th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #9
Banned

great price for this exhaust !

as for sound magnaflow is basically the same as comptech. a little deeper.

i wish you posted this thread a week earlier karenV6, i would have bought these, but i am getting my CL-S mufflers tomorrow,lol...
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcord
great price for this exhaust !

as for sound magnaflow is basically the same as comptech. a little deeper.

i wish you posted this thread a week earlier karenV6, i would have bought these, but i am getting my CL-S mufflers tomorrow,lol...
Doh! Sorry about that!

Actually I was holding out on posting this for sale and uninstalling the exhaust so I could demo the exhaust to 99AznAccord (Rich) but he decided to pass BTW, absolutely GREAT HID retrofitter . We're both in the Richmond Area so if he was interested I would've been more than happy to avoid all the hassle of shipping.

Its a deep rich sound to the exhaust, and I've read from the forum its about the same as comptech. Cat Back, so probably perceived as a little deeper while inside the vehicle. Not so loud I couldn't enjoy my radio or anything. If you're on a stock exhaust now I suggest maybe listening to some uploaded sound files on on the forum or asking a bud for a ride who has aftermarket.

I found the sound pretty cool, its just, I'm pushing thirty , thinking about having kids , & not sure how daycare would react to me WOOTing out of the parking lot while picking up a tot I already get peculiar looks from my neighborhood bunko crowd .

Hope to make some lucky young soul happy with a good deal though .

Last edited by KarenV6; September 7th, 2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM   #11
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Damn I just bought an exahust and had to get it shipped I like the APEXI which is the one I bought but that price is pretty damn good on your deal, I wonder why rich did not tell me about your sale I'm going to get at him for that lol. Good deal and good luck with your sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by telele; September 7th, 2005 at 09:56 PM..
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:52 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to silverHa
How much to ship to 78596?
silverHa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverHa
How much to ship to 78596?

Unfortunately only a little less than to ship to CA, 122.83 according to the UPS site, again for a 75 lb pacakge that is oversize shipped from 23233.

So, again crediting a few dollars on the sale $275 shipped
Old September 8th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #14
HOOK 'EM

Send a message via AIM to blackdragon
I have a friend who is interested....will this fit a 4cyl? If so he's interested and knows what it sounds like from mine.

I have the same exhaust on my AV6....bump for a great exhaust.
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #15

Hmm, Not so sure about the 4 cyl, Might want to ask an exhaust shop about that. I'd also be concerned about a loss of low end torque b/w a 4 and 6 cylinder. Something about needing back pressure and not gaining in HP until you're in the upper rpm range. Don't know for sure, not supertechie on this stuff mainly had it on for looks and vroom sound .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon
I have a friend who is interested....will this fit a 4cyl? If so he's interested and knows what it sounds like from mine.

Old September 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord01
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon

it should fit, clean2draccord bought it and it fit, but he still had to bring it to a muffler shop to make another hanger for the driver side.
slowaccord01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #17
same avatar since 03'

Send a message via AIM to kEyChAiN
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenV6
Ouch the UPS shipping estimation (for a 70.0 lb package) came to a little over $125.00, but could probably credit you a few dollars if you're interested. So, $275 shipped.
Is there any other method of shipping it? Like FedEx, USPS, DHL? Something cheaper, lol.

-Thank You
kEyChAiN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:17 AM   #18

how much for shipping to 29501?
WhizDom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #19

What you want to know is this for a sedan or coupe, bc if ur car is the other one then it has to be modded bc it will be to long or too short.

USPS if they take this will rape ur ass in half.

DHL is about the same as FED EX and UPS, I deal with these at work. Once when U get heavy and big the money starts jumping.
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:08 AM   #20

i don't think it has a differentiation between the two, so this should fit either, check the magnaflow site, i didn't see a difference, however this was installed on a sedan
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #21

Quote:
i don't think it has a differentiation between the two, so this should fit either, check the magnaflow site, i didn't see a difference, however this was installed on a sedan
They do have different models for sedan coupe, due to a slight length difference. Cant recall which is longer but it can be fixed either way, either adding a short lenght pipe or cutting off. Some topics on here talk about this. SOmething any decent muffler shop can do.

Id buy this but I already got my exhaust done. :-)
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
I am selling my Cat Back Exhaust (Magnaflow Model 15640) and returning to stock. $175, plus cost of shipping (sorry for the shipping its a bit large and I have no clue how much it will be to ship but I imagine it won't be cheap and varies based on zip). I'd much prefer someone to pick this up (I'm in Richmond, VA, zipcode 23233).

This exhaust was professionally installed and was on the car for 9K miles. There are minor scratches on the underside of the pipes that are completely unnoticable when installed unless you're directly underneath the car, I've taken many many pictures besides what's listed here if you're interested I'll send the links.

This exhaust looks absolutely wonderful on the car and sounds great! I'm mainly returning to stock because as they say, if its too loud, you're too old .

In combo with the AEM V2 this is a super fun setup. PM me if interested Post here if you have any Q's

Karen

Enlarged photo of Installed look

Close up of ready to ship exhaust
Does this set off a CEL for insufficient catalytic converter flow? If not, $250 shipped to 13031 and I can paypal you the money tonight
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhizDom
how much for shipping to 29501?
Still over $100 to the zip code too, sorry but still $275 Shipped.

No roadtrips to VA Planned?
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99VTECCoupe
Does this set off a CEL for insufficient catalytic converter flow? If not, $250 shipped to 13031 and I can paypal you the money tonight

I didn't set of the CEL for that, I did have a CEL go off while this was on but it was for the EGR Valve issue that's covered under warranty.

I guess it seems nationwide the cost to ship will be 275 regardless of where you are, I'm sorry but I really don't want to move too much that price. not only because its going to cost me nearly $125 to pay for shipping once you factor in taxes but I also have to box this up which alone I'd imagine will cost me quite a bit as well.

Again, NY isn't too far from VA, no road trips down here planned?

K
Old September 9th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
Quote:
I didn't set of the CEL for that, I did have a CEL go off while this was on but it was for the EGR Valve issue that's covered under warranty.

I guess it seems nationwide the cost to ship will be 275 regardless of where you are, I'm sorry but I really don't want to move too much that price. not only because its going to cost me nearly $125 to pay for shipping once you factor in taxes but I also have to box this up which alone I'd imagine will cost me quite a bit as well.

Again, NY isn't too far from VA, no road trips down here planned?

K
NY is easily 10 hours from VA Let me know if you want to let it go for 250.
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99VTECCoupe
NY is easily 10 hours from VA Let me know if you want to let it go for 250.
10 Hours! Ouch! Hmm Depends on whether you're upstate or not, NYC isn't bad, but traffic esp through DC is terrible.

Its really all about the shipping costs and risk of shipping something so big, at least if someone can pick this up I can assure it got to you ok, I've had a few bad experiences where UPS decided to take my packages off a small cliff before delivery, just would rather avoid the stress of shipping something so large if I can.
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:31 AM   #27

bump, still for sale
Old September 15th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #28

check shipping to 77040
mrtien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #29

Hey im interested and Im in Newport News, VA... let me know where ur located willing to pick up.
01CleanAcc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 18th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to iceprophet
ARGH, he beat me to it, im in Hampton and i NEED this, let me know if 01CleanAcc flakes out on it, because i got it if he doesnt. we can meet halfway.
iceprophet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in