Testing the Waters: Tanabe Exhaust - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:50 PM   #1

Testing the Waters: Tanabe Exhaust

Anyone interested in buying a Tanabe Hyper Medallion CatBack Exhaust system?
I am also willing for to trade for a MagnaFlow exhaust system. I am getting older, and seeking for a more refined look =)

I bought it new a year ago, (11,000k) for around $715... Hit me with offers and I will get back to you.

PIC:

iangray999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:02 PM   #2
clean and simple

Send a message via AIM to whiteaccordcoupe
how loud? I will be getting magnflow exhaust in a couple weeks, how do these sound?
whiteaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #3

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaccordcoupe
how loud? I will be getting magnflow exhaust in a couple weeks, how do these sound?
The sound is real nice in my opinion, of course everyone has a different sense of what sounds nice though. So, leave me an email address and I will send out an audio clip.

Also, are you intrested in trading for these when you get your magnaflow, or just curious?

Last edited by iangray999; October 4th, 2005 at 06:03 PM..

Old October 4th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Destroyer of Tires

Sound clip doesn't work.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X
Sound clip doesn't work.
Ohh... well, leave an email address and I can send it to you.
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #6

Your obviously not from the city cause those bumpers look real good!!!
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #7
clean and simple

sound clip to [email protected] please
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #8
Destroyer of Tires

[email protected]

Old October 4th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wht/accord99v6
Your obviously not from the city cause those bumpers look real good!!!
Thanks for the compliment, but I must be honest, when it comes to my car it looks nice from a far, but far from nice.... up close that is. Lots of scratches and dents compliments of stupid people (venting frustration).

And about being from the city, no I am not from the city. I am from Nyack NY, about 20 minutes North of Manhattan. But, my girlfriend lives in Brooklyn and we hang out in Chinatown from time to time, so my car is always on the FDR and BQE and parked in Manhattan every now and again.

Quote:
sound clip to [email protected] please
Quote:
Emails sent =)
Old October 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #10
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangray999
Thanks for the compliment, but I must be honest, when it comes to my car it looks nice from a far, but far from nice.... up close that is. Lots of scratches and dents compliments of stupid people (venting frustration).
Dude my bumpers and stuff are the same way... stupid ABS plastic. My hood has 2 dents in it which sucks. One's right on the crease and the other is up towards the squirter things. I have no clue how the one on my hood crease happened but the one by my squirter was because I was idling through the parking lot and my friend like jokingly jumped on my hood and his knee hit my hood too hard... and then the bumpers, oh god the bumpers. Front bumper has a mark from the front plate on it and the back one is really jacked up for some reason. There's paint missing because we have to put one of our trashcans inside the garage and I may have knicked the back of the bumper a few times and then there's these weird circle marks on the bumper that were there when we bought it. Engine is super clean though ... besides the battery >_<.

Nice exhaust though

Old October 5th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Dude my bumpers and stuff are the same way... stupid ABS plastic. My hood has 2 dents in it which sucks. One's right on the crease and the other is up towards the squirter things. I have no clue how the one on my hood crease happened but the one by my squirter was because I was idling through the parking lot and my friend like jokingly jumped on my hood and his knee hit my hood too hard... and then the bumpers, oh god the bumpers. Front bumper has a mark from the front plate on it and the back one is really jacked up for some reason. There's paint missing because we have to put one of our trashcans inside the garage and I may have knicked the back of the bumper a few times and then there's these weird circle marks on the bumper that were there when we bought it. Engine is super clean though ... besides the battery >_<.

Nice exhaust though
haha, I know how you feel trust me. I will not list the MANY defections of my car, but maybe I will go take some pics of it to show you... it will make you feel better about your ride lol. Thanks for the compliment tho on the exhaust =)
Old October 5th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #12
clean and simple

how is the sound at idle? any droning at highway speeds? thats all i am curious about really, is the droning at highway speeds PM me with info if u want
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #13

Smile

Quote:
how is the sound at idle? any droning at highway speeds? thats all i am curious about really, is the droning at highway speeds PM me with info if u want
The sound at idle is very nice, and understated. You can tell that you have an exhaust but it is a very low, in my opinion, sexy tone =)

As for the highway, I will admit it took me a little getting used to. But now, I love it, especially while accelerating/decelerating. From what I can remember, the exhaust is at its' loudest at about 2500-2700 RPM, anything above, the engine gets louder while the exhaust tones back off. (I'm not sure how it sounds without an intake, cause I have had one on the car ever since the exhaust was installed.)

For what it is worth, people have commented that the exhaust helps make them fall asleep when they sit in the back of my car on a road trip.

Hope this helps! I would have PM'ed you, but I find PM's annoying cause my browser stinks. Feel free to IM me on aim with any other questions: xxsp0ngexx.
Old October 10th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #14

Bumpp.. anyone interested?
Old October 10th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #15
Destroyer of Tires

Wanna trade?

Old October 10th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #16

dude good luck trying to sell these i have the same exaust as u up in the post rite now for 299.99 and no one wants it
ihatemycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 10th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Wanna trade?
Do you happen to have A'Pexi?... I think I remember seeing your car and its' exhaust, but I can't remember. If you have Magnaflow, I definitely wanna trade! I may trade for stock plus cash, but for now I have my heart set on the Magnaflow system, looks so nice to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemycar
dude good luck trying to sell these i have the same exaust as u up in the post rite now for 299.99 and no one wants it
Yeah, I saw your posts the past few days, good luck to you too. I guess that now there is such a variety of exhaust systems, the tanabe are not saught after as much as they used to be? Also, prices seem to have come down lately, I remember paying $700+ for my system, and now I'm hoping to get like $3-350. Ah well, good luck to us!

Why you getting rid of yours?

Last edited by iangray999; October 10th, 2005 at 02:06 AM..
Old October 11th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #18

Smile

Bumpp.... Also willing to trade for an '03 Acura CL-S Exhaust plus some cash...
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #19
Destroyer of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangray999
Do you happen to have A'Pexi?... I think I remember seeing your car and its' exhaust, but I can't remember. If you have Magnaflow, I definitely wanna trade! I may trade for stock plus cash, but for now I have my heart set on the Magnaflow system, looks so nice to me.
That is the exhaust I wanted origionally. What do you think would be better, the Apex'i I have or the Tanabe's?

Old October 11th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #20

i have magnaflows, could be interested in trade, could u send sounds clips to nolimit182[email protected]
nolimit182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #21

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit182
i have magnaflows, could be interested in trade, could u send sounds clips to [email protected]
Email is sent.

Quote:
That is the exhaust I wanted origionally. What do you think would be better, the Apex'i I have or the Tanabe's?
To be honest I am really not sure. I could say Tanabe so that you buy my exhaust but I really am not sure. If you know people on the board then ask around, I could do some research for you too.

But, from what I have heard everyone seems to really have positive things to say about the Tanabe systems. Also, a big part of exhaust is the aesthetics, which one looks nice to you? As you know, aftermarket exhausts aren't really much help towards performance gains. I think the average "modder" like myself buy them more for look and sound, than performance.
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #22
Destroyer of Tires

I like how the Tanabe canisters look, they are nice n' fat I've also liked the sound, makes me want to switch out my Apex'i exhaust because mine's pretty quiet (outside the car) and the canisters aren't that big. Plus, the tone of the exhaust is sort of high pitched for a V6. I dunno, maybe if that ihatemycar dude wants to trade I'll do it.

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #23

Unhappy

I should make this clear, I have been PM'ed by Dice, and he has dibs. He lives just 12 miles from me and he contacted me first. But, if it falls through I will let you all know. Sorry for the late notice...
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #24
Destroyer of Tires

lol Naw it's fine man. I was just kidding when I asked to trade hahaha. I did want that exhasut though, but it isn't a biggie.

Old October 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #25

intrested.. sound clip to [email protected]
JDM01clS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #26
The name is Scott. D:

Send a message via AIM to Whumbachumba Send a message via MSN to Whumbachumba Send a message via Yahoo to Whumbachumba
You still have this for sale, because you said it was in my intro topic. So you are looking for 300-350 dollars? I have that available, I just need my checks in.
Whumbachumba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:47 PM   #27

Unhappy

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to hold on to my exhaust a little longer then I had expected.

My car broke down today and depending on what it is going to take to fix her up, I probably won't have the money to buy another exhaust anytime soon... Sorry guys.

Last edited by iangray999; October 17th, 2005 at 11:52 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in