Accord V6 Forum banner

V6P 5051 High Output Alternator

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  SIRSIG 
#1 ·
Hi,

I aked in another forum but didnt get any real responses so here goes:

The alternator that is offered by 5051 and V6P I'd like to purchase however I don't know if it will fit my car. I have a 2004 accord v6 6speed coupe. It says in the ad it will fit a J series engine.

I've asked dozens of places that sell high output alternator, none of which have a high output alternator because the OEM made by denso is funky (they gave me the technical stuff, but its greek to me :( )

Please someone confirm this will fit my car, and I will purchase this alternator asap.

#6 ·
Won't die at 50k miles like the stock delphi POS and will support enough current draw to keep your monster systems bumping :cool:

#7 ·
hello everyone,
I'm sorry to say that the 6th gen alternators are different from the 7th gen alternators. So the 200+ Amp and the 150+ Amp alternator will not fit the 7th gen.
However, we came out with a high output alternator specifically made for the 7th gen that produces 180+ Amp. I know it doesn't put out as much Amperes as the 6th gen 200+, but due to the confinement of space for the alternator in the 7th gen, we couldn't use a bigger alternator to fit. I will post the outputs of the stock vs. the high output alternator later.

#16 ·
We never checked if the 4 banger uses the same alternator or not. But since we haven't checked, it's probably best to assume that it doesn't fit the 4 cyl accords. Plus, there are currently no plans to make one for the 4 bangers either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.