***NEW PRODUCT*** OBX Racing Iridium Spark Plugs - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:22 AM   #1
???

Send a message via AIM to five0netvv0
***NEW PRODUCT*** OBX Racing Iridium Spark Plugs

hey guys obx has just introduced a new product.....for those of you who were looking for denso spark plugs.....here's your chance to get a cheaper set. I have no information as far as powre gains or comparison to denso. I'm going to pick up a set for myself as soon as danny goes to obx.

here are some features of the new product:

*an increase in horsepower and greater fuel and engine efficiency
*Iridium cored center electrode
*Extreme spark discharge for optimum combustion
*V Sharpe ground electrode design for high performance engines
*60,000 mile lifetime warranty
These are similar to Denso Iridium Spark Plugs. Why pay more when obx Racing Iridium Spark plugs function the same for a lower price and no waiting!

Groupbuy center is now offering them for 10.50 plus shipping per spark plug ($63 plus shipping) for them and ebay has a set of four (4) for $42 + 6 dollar shipping.

Here's your chance to save a great amount of money. The price right now is 38 dollars shipped for a set of six(6) with a donation to the site of 2 dollars per set totaling an even $40.

If you want these asap, danny is going to make a trip out to obx Thursday, July 10, 2003 with them being shipped on thursday or friday morning.
five0netvv0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #2
???

pic1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obx1.jpg (62.9 KB, 503 views)
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:33 AM   #3
???

pic2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obx2.jpg (60.9 KB, 496 views)

Old July 9th, 2003, 12:41 AM   #4
bleh

do you know who actually makes these plugs?? i seriously doubt that OBX has the resources/experience to make these plugs.
frank828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:43 AM   #5

OBX made more than $30 million USD last year... They have more resources than most companies.

Do they happen to make them in a colder heat range by chance?
CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:56 AM   #6
???

frank: danny just told me tonight about the plugs and i got pictures from him. This is a new product that hasn't even been put on the website. Since obx is so close to us, i think that he may get first shots at new products like this. I will ask danny to confirm that obx has done the product research and development of the product and if they haven't, i'll try to get you the information of who makes them.

Tim: it's weird because danny mentioned something about obx using the denso part numbers. hopefully they will provide a wide variety in heat ranges. I'm sure that they make another part besides the heat range for the ik16's.
Did you want me to check for any heat ranges in particular other than a spark plug that would be the same as denso's ik20's?

i will try to provide adequate answers from obx after thursday when danny makes a trip out there.

For anyone else with questions on the new product, please ask them. the product is new and i don't have much information other than that provided by danny.
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #7

Something in the IK20 range would be nice. Obviously... I only need 4 of them... hehe Just let me know.
Old July 10th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #8

At those price, you can get NGK iridium cheaper!
Nashua CLS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 10th, 2003, 10:14 PM   #9
???

nashuaCLS: i don't know the exact pricing on NGK, but those have been out for a while i'm sure. As of now, i doubt you will even be able to get obx iridium spark plugs from any other vendor.

Yes these are spark plugs are new and yes it will be a higher price. Economically speaking, in the short run we will have to pay a higher rate because they will include the research and development in the price. When a product is new (like this product is) you as a consumer can deal with a company's price in 2 ways: you can either support it by buying it or as a consumer tell the company (obx) that the price is too high by not buying it.

Not to hate on you or anything, but you have to understand that i've only gotten notice of the product from danny earlier this week....yesterday to be exact. Maybe the price will go down but maybe it will not. Thingss are still up in the air until i can get all the information on the product, but i cannot guarantee that the price of this product will go down.

for now, this is the price. If you feel this is too expensive, please say that this is too expensive and i will take note of this and let obx and danny know.

nashuacls: no hard feelings. Thank you for your opinion
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #10

I have a feeling that Denso is supplying these plugs to OBX. Or even NGK. I can only think of two companies making iridium plugs, which are NGK and Denso. Mugen, Spoon, or HKS iridium plugs are probably sourced from both or either Denso or NGK. And who knows if NGK is supplying Denso or vice versa? The technology still seems too new for other companies like Champion Labs and Bosch to follow.
showgunz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2003, 12:49 AM   #11
???

each plug is 5 bucks.

a set of 4......$25US shipped
a set of 6.....$35US shipped

shipping is 5 dollars.
Old August 18th, 2003, 01:55 PM   #12

Did anyone ever end up getting these? I'm curious as to if they noticed any difference with these plugs. Also how long do they last? I'm guessing 30k like the denso's, but wanted to check.

But $40 for 6 is definitely cheaper than my denso's were.
gjc12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:45 PM   #13
???

gjc12: yeah i got them. They don't make a REALLY big difference. it feels a little more smooth, but i couldn't really tell if it was the new plugs or the oil change that i got. after an oil change it feels a lot smoother. Supposedly they have a 60k lifetime warranty, but they most likely won't last that long.

since nobody has gotten these i can probably give you a little discount for your feedback on them.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:58 PM   #14

I'll be happy to grab a set from you now that I have my new motor... Meant to get some before but didn't have a chance. They have the colder heat ranges for me correct?
Old September 11th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #15

is the $40 price still good?? Has any one noticed any gains from these?
02AccordV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:08 PM   #16

i need a set of these plugs can someone let me know who to send the money to for the plugs. thank you.
ricerockettwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:02 AM   #17

Did anyone ever figure out who the real manufacturer of these plugs is?
Muteki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2003, 10:55 AM   #18

its $35 shipped NOT $40! Read people $5 x 6 = $30 +$5 shipping = $35
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #19

Did anyone ever figure out who the real manufacturer of these plugs is?
Muteki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:42 PM   #20
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

*tumbleweed rolls by*
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM   #21

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I was researching what OBX was becaue I work for Denso. I work at their AThens TN plant as a Maintenance Team Leader and I wanted to purchase a set for my Tacoma. I beleive in Denso's quality because I see it first hand. They sent me to Japan to learn about another product line and I was able to see the newest technology n producing these plugs. We produce the Iridium but the main ceramic is done in Japan. I don't know how this company is getting away with selling them and using Denso's name and actually it kinda #^%## me off. Read where Iridium comes from at densoiridium.com . I can't see Denso selling their plug that cheap.
I wil investigate. They are also using Denso's name and part numbers. I think your getting what you pay for. I gotta agree that Iridiums are way expensive. Oh yeah, We do make other Brand iridium plugs such as AC Delco but the enter electrode is larger.
Hope this helps.

Marc
Denso Marc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM   #22
Carpe Diem

Can't tell if this guy is for real or not haha
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM   #23
FG4

lol 03 resurrection
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:34 PM   #24
Needs new paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso Marc View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I was researching what OBX was becaue I work for Denso. I work at their AThens TN plant as a Maintenance Team Leader and I wanted to purchase a set for my Tacoma. I beleive in Denso's quality because I see it first hand. They sent me to Japan to learn about another product line and I was able to see the newest technology n producing these plugs. We produce the Iridium but the main ceramic is done in Japan. I don't know how this company is getting away with selling them and using Denso's name and actually it kinda #^%## me off. Read where Iridium comes from at densoiridium.com . I can't see Denso selling their plug that cheap.
I wil investigate. They are also using Denso's name and part numbers. I think your getting what you pay for. I gotta agree that Iridiums are way expensive. Oh yeah, We do make other Brand iridium plugs such as AC Delco but the enter electrode is larger.
Hope this helps.

Marc
What the fsck stop fsckin bumping old threads! Your concerns are unrelated to the topic anyway because ITS 6 YEARS OLD
av6_sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM   #25

lol i didn't even look at date at first i was like hmm groubuy not in the right area haha
DaSmittyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in