Prelude shifter assembly - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #1
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Prelude shifter assembly

hey there. I'm helpin the guys at CC autotuners sell a prelude shifter. I just got one and they helped me installed it, they are awesome and got everything to work.. anyways... price will be $50 picked up, and they can install it for you as well, but there will be an additional $100 to have it installed, unless you want to do it yourself, come by and pay 50 and pick it up.. Becuase this is not my item for sale, but for CC, price will be firm and there will be no price negotiation, so dont bother.

note: it is missing a piece off that goes between the shifter and the face bezel, it doesnt affect the shifter in anyway, BUT i will be getting that piece back for CC.

i dont have an exact picture of the item, becuase i am creating this thread at their shop right now. if you have any question, you can contact me or the guys at CC if you know them.

edit: pictures below...

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiet; January 7th, 2006 at 06:45 PM..
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #2
keepin' it OG

bump, made some changes to first post.

buy this, this is a very cool mod.

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 7th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #3

lets see some pics so we can see what it is
98exaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 7th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #4
4.0L

hey kiet, did you get both shift locks to work? the only one that works on my TL shifter is the one that locks out park. but with my accord, i was able to shift into reverse by pushing the button while driving...so i figure this is the same thing. did the prelude shifter fit more level? i really wanna see pics of it...how the overall fitment is and everything!!

VietNinjaJ30A1
2000 Honda Accord V6 Supercharged
Official Slammed Club Member #36 (Stage 1)
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #5
keepin' it OG

the guys at CC autotuners had to cut one the shift lock that gets stuck on reverse and everything else was left as it was. they also rewired some of the wires, and so that i didnt have used my stock wire harness and left the prelude harness still wired there with the tiptronic, if ever i wanted to go further and make that functional.

the shift assembly sits lower, but i think i can either add some sort of washers or maybe bolts on the bottom of the shift assembly to raise it up, or i can cut the shift bezel to place it over the console hole. (which i'll probably do). as for the shift bezel and gaps that i have seen, the bezel seems taller and wider than the tl/cl so when i fit it back to the console hole, there will be no gaps.

i'm gonna see if i have time to work on this today, when i'm done, i'll post pictures up for sure so you all can see the difference between the prelude and the cl/tl shifter and the gap difference.

KIET

Old January 7th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #6
keepin' it OG

heeheheh, looks OEM..

ok, bump for this thread.. finished with remounting the bezel and go final pictures of it... i'll look around v6p and post a picture here so you can see the difference between the tl/cl and the prelude... BUT YEAH, the shifter is still for sale... not the one in the pix. but another one...

ignore the mess around my car.. had to move stuff around, so i just dumped it somewhere on the floor.. but yeah, pics to please your eyes...

see, no gaps..

height difference of chrome part compared to a quarter. its lower.. you can see part of the shifter assembly throught the bezel, ignore that, i took it out while messing around with it. you can see part of the middle piece in the background. hehe look, red stitch shift knob (no buttons, mmmmmmm....)

another over view pix, no gaps..

another over..

no, that isnt a gap, but its residue left over from my old bezel...

alittle off topic, but look.. more leds for me...mmmmm....

KIET

Last edited by Kiet; January 7th, 2006 at 06:47 PM..
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #7
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
can't believe you did actually did it...you should go get a momo or razo ball shifter now...looks a lot better...
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #8

that is a cleeeaaan ass job
ryanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #9

whenever you have time you should take a picture of the whole center console to get the full effect
ryanjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #10
keepin' it OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecricebox
can't believe you did actually did it...you should go get a momo or razo ball shifter now...looks a lot better...
yeah, i'll look into that.. i was gonna use the mdx perforated shift knob, but it didnt fit.. so...

atleast i have the red stitching than something else...

anyways, there is one for sale... 50 picked up.

KIET

Old January 8th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #11
4.0L

that's clean kiet. i'd say the prelude trim piece has better fitment than the TL/CL. the reverse shift lock that you were talking about them cutting...is the same thing i had to do to mine. seems to be a common problem. i also left the original harness on there...just cut the wires i needed to work with the accord. i put on the shift boot this morning...so it's like 95% cleaned up...now i just have to finish up some fitment on the actual shifter assembly getting in the way of the frame that holds the center console on the car...just need to get a dremel out there is all. anyway...looks good, nice job!

are you having trouble shifting into D3 and lower? i know the dust cover is longer on these shifters and the cup holder gets in the way. when i took the dust cover off and put the shift boot on...the shifter is sooooo much smoother. since the prelude one sits lower...i think you're OK up front...but in back where the cup holders are...that's where i had the most problems.

VietNinjaJ30A1

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; January 8th, 2006 at 02:21 AM..
Old January 8th, 2006, 02:52 AM   #12
keepin' it OG

yeah, i have problem from d2-d1, but its not like i even use those gears anyways.. if it was really really bothering, i had an idea so the the black piece curves down, but for now, i'm good...

they explained to me that the stock shifter, it only has one shift lock compared to the tip's, they have two shift locks.. so only one is able to work..

the extra shifter is still for sale btw...
Old January 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM   #13
4.0L

cool cool. yea i was trying to figure out how i could cut the black cover....but the stock on is like

| | that wide compared to the tiptronic one which is like

| | that wide =/

anyway....bump bump =]

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old February 20th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #14

I know this is from a while back, but is this shifter still for sale?
CrAzYbEaNeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in