Testing Waters: '01 BMW E46 Retrofit done by Rich!!!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #1
4.0L

Testing Waters: '01 BMW E46 Retrofit done by Rich // ** PICS **!!!!

Alright...so I'm sure if you've been in the 6th gen section you've seen the "Finals are done kicking my ass........" thread about my new TSX retros that I'm working on. Now that I'm nearing the end of that project...I'm gonna sell the retros that I have right now. I bought these used from a guy who had them done by Rich (99AznAccord). They are in great condition...the lenses are not scratched or anything...I have both bulb holders and basically this sale will be for the headlights only. They are OEM Honda Accord headlamps for 98-02 Accords (2dr/4dr)...with BMW E46 bixenon projectors (these are from the 3 series BMWs...if I remember correctly I think Rich said these were specifically from an '01 M3). The bixenon feature is not available on these retros though (meaning you can hook your high beams up to these projectors...the headlights utilize the stock high beams on the headlamps). A benefit of the bixenon projectors is that there is a little line across the lens that creates an even and defined field of "glare" that is meant to light up road signs and other things above the cutoff. The light from this "glare" is very subtle...and Rich described it as "glare on purpose."

Anyway...you'll be getting the headlights as described...they're blackhoused with this really cool, dark gunmetal-metallic-ish color (it matches my car perfectly). The amber strips have been removed, but the lower reflector is still there so that you can use your parking light bulb. I think that pretty much covers it...I'm not personally selling the bulbs and ballasts...but if you need a set let me know because my friend Joe has like 6 pairs of bulbs and I think 2 sets of ballasts that he can sell to you. I'll get details on those if anyone is interested.

I'll have pics of the retros I'm selling later tonight hopefully...if not you can check out the 6th gen forum and search for a thread with "Inspired by flux" somewhere in the title. I posted a bunch of pics of my car. Also check out my CarDomain site (link in my sig).

Contact me through PM, post on this thread, or email [email protected]! <-- you can also ask me questions through one of those methods =]

Thanks guys!!!!
Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VietNinjaJ30A1
2000 Honda Accord V6 Supercharged
Official Slammed Club Member #36 (Stage 1)

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; January 19th, 2006 at 05:11 AM..
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #2
Fast at Last!... kind of.

Great price for a set of retrofits guys.

If anybody wants LED work done on these like in my signature, let me know.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM   #3
4.0L

Here are some pics of the retros. Sorry...the car is dirty...it's about to rain so there's no washing to be done today =/. Anyway...just wanted to get these up so you guys know what I'm putting up for sale.

Hope those help. The bezels were custom bezels made by non other than Rich-the-retro-master himself =].

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VietNinjaJ30A1

Old January 16th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #4

u want 350 for them, but u said someone else has dibs... but there wil be more of the same right, im interested, i cant use the black dual halos anymore, i really like the way they lok but the light output is terrible. im kinda new to the whole retro/hid thing. but does it come with everything for the headlights to be just put on when u get them
mike_d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #5

id like to take these off your hands
DPs Finest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #6
4.0L

so far 1lif2liv has said that he will drive down here and pick them up....and he lives in KANSAS. if you're interested...please shoot me some offers. I've got two people interested for $350...and 1lif2liv has dibs so far because we've been talking about this sale for a long time now. Seems like people are interested...so yea just PM me, post, or email me your offers =]. I live in Austin, TX for anyone else who's interested in picking up. I will ship these wherever you'd like, however you'd like, as long as you pay for the shipping costs.

And to clarify...

I am selling just the retrofitted headlamps. That means you would need a pair of D2S HID bulbs (whichever you prefer) and a set of ballasts (again...whichever you prefer).

joedanger11 a friend of mine (who's helping me do my retro) is selling both bulbs and ballasts. He's got about 6 pairs of bulbs and 2 sets of ballasts (if I remember correctly). I can get details on these items for whoever is interested in them. You don't have to buy my retros to buy these ballasts and/or bulbs from him....I just thought it would help him out (to sell them) and whoever buys my retros because then they'd have the entire setup shipped to them in one box ready to install =].

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #7
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
u want 350 for them, but u said someone else has dibs... but there wil be more of the same right, im interested, i cant use the black dual halos anymore, i really like the way they lok but the light output is terrible. im kinda new to the whole retro/hid thing. but does it come with everything for the headlights to be just put on when u get them

I would like as much as I can get for them. 1lif2liv has dibs so far...I told him that I would sell these to him if I didn't get an offer that blew his away. The reason is that he's expressed interest in my current retros even before I began my retrofit project. I will only have one set of retrofitted headlights for sale...the one I'm working on right now is going to go on my car =] (sorry guys =P. if I ever get the urge to do this again...I'll have another set for sale). As for the ballasts and bulbs (if you need them for any reason)...I think my friend has multiple sets of both for sale and I can find out details on those for you if you need. As for the setup I'm selling....if you want to buy the headlights, the bulbs and the ballasts...then yes...I will ship it all to you at the same time so you can take them out of the box and put them into your car as soon as you get them and you'll have HID projectors in about an hour after you get the package.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #8
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPs Finest
id like to take these off your hands

Cool cool...what's your offer? You can PM or email me if you'd like. Email address is in the first post.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #9
4.0L

1lif2liv backed out so I'm open to offers starting @ $350+shipping if you need them shipped.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #10

any night pics?
jkov526 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #11

Headlights

I am very interested in these headlights. I live in Dallas TX too. Give me a holler at [email protected] or just pm me.
juysta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #12
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim

Send a message via AIM to sl33pyriceboi
you should have sold these for about 400......haha....
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #13
4.0L

^^ haven't sold them yet.

Here are SOME "night" shots. If I take pictures head on @ night...all you'll see are two blobs of light.

I'll try to get some cutoff pics in the next couple of days.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #14
Pedal damn it

Send a message via AIM to whoagorgeous
ygPM'd
whoagorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #15

check your pm.
the_accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2006, 08:36 AM   #16
4.0L

accordian backed out.

whoagorgeous has shown interest but he asked for pics and I haven't heard from him since I posted them.

I'll get cutoff pics as soon as I can.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 21st, 2006, 12:43 PM   #17
Pedal damn it

Send a message via AIM to whoagorgeous
I'm looking and where's a pic of the cutoff?
whoagorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2006, 02:49 PM   #18
4.0L

whoagorgeous -- haha, they're not up yet. don't worry, you're not going crazy. i posted some night pics like people asked for...but i'll get cutoff pics tonight or tomorrow night. i washed my car so it'll be a more realistic shot of what the lights really look like.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Old January 21st, 2006, 06:02 PM   #19

interested in seeing the cutoff pics
datboynamsays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:13 AM   #20

update for cutoff pics?
AV6 Tengoku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:21 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
do these leak or have any issues with condensation?
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:05 AM   #22
4.0L

I'm waiting to get the cutoff pics because I've noticed the bezel on the passenger side is drooping a little. As soon as I get my new ones finished I'm gonna take these off and fix that bezel. I don't have much of a problem with condensation...but then again I live in TX. I'm planning on resealing the headlights before I sell them anyway just to make sure =].

Don't worry guys...I'll post up a definite FS thread when I have them off the car ready to sell.

VietNinjaJ30A1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in