Complete 9006 HID Kit (used 1.5 years) - $100 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:03 AM   #1

SOLD: Complete 9006 HID Kit (used 1.5 years) - $100

This is a plug n' play HID kit which is made by a company called Brightstar(Taiwan). The bulbs have been rebased professionally to fit 9006 applications. I purchased these from Importhookup.com for $350 in July of 2004. The company seems to have pretty good manufacturing standards from what I've seen (ISO 9001 & TS 16949 certified):

http://www.brightstar-hid.com/company_e.php

The kit is the 5000k kit (any higher and the amount of useful light decreases). The output looks very white, with some slight yellow in it. Looks similar to the last generation TL (non-projector output).

The product info is here:
http://www.brightstar-hid.com/produc..._e.php?UID=685

Actual pictures of the light kit on my car:
HIDBeamOutside.jpg
HIDBeamInside.jpg
Brightstar HID kit

You can see the installation in the last set of pictures. Very easy to install and mount; it just takes 2 screws for each ballast and some zip ties (or use double sided tape on a smooth surface). This literally is plug and play. The glare is fairly minimal in the 7th generation Accord headlight too (though I can't guarantee anything in other applications). From what I've read, an additional relay/harness to allow the lights to draw power directly from your battery would be a good thing to have too. Search hidplanet's forums for more information.

Planning on selling my car in the next few months so I'm taking this out now and selling it before I use it more. The bulbs are rated for 3,000 hours. What you will receive is everything necessary to install except for the screws:

2x Brightstar ballasts with brackets
2x Brightstar HID 9006 bulbs
2x Brightstar igniters
All necessary wiring.

All for $100 bucks + shipping (estimated $15). Selling for cheap b/c I know it's not a popular brand like Philips or Hella.

Last edited by du_ma; January 28th, 2006 at 01:32 PM..
du_ma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:46 AM   #2
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim

Send a message via AIM to sl33pyriceboi
wow....not bad....i would get these and get some 3000k bulbs for fogs......=]

too bad im waiting for e46s
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:52 AM   #3
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Hi I think my friend who is also a member here want's these, I'll have to aks him later this morning and get back to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:40 AM   #4
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
ill take them PM me your info : ]
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:41 AM   #5

If its still available I'll take em. Paypal or check
cordboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:41 AM   #6

I'll take them, PM me your paypal address, I'll pay right away
alexjabbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #7
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Let me know if it's still available. I'll Paypal you the money tonight.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:14 PM   #8

Hey everyone,

If you want to buy the HID kit, I can only take money orders mailed to me first or instant cash transfers through Paypal (bank account funded payments). My Paypal account cannot accept any payments funded by credit card.

I also cannot offer any warranty of any sort on this kit, which means no returns.

Let me know if you're still interested. First person who messages me and agrees to these terms gets the kit. Thanks!!
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:49 PM   #9

were you ever high-beamed by other cars? and did you have to reaim your headlights downward?
03pcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:53 PM   #10
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

pending sale : ]
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03pcoupe
were you ever high-beamed by other cars? and did you have to reaim your headlights downward?
Nope, never had to reaim anything. Never been beamed by other cars either. I've driven behind my friends to get their opinions and they don't complain. Light output looks just like the last generation TL.

Please keep in mind that I have the bulbs in a 2003 headlight assembly. I don't know what the glare is like on your car(s).
Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM   #12

I'll send you money order today if it's still available
Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #13

I have an update:

When i was preparing the remove the kit, I noticed that the passenger side light was turning off by itself every 2 minutes. If any of you still want the kit, I'd like to sell it still. It's never had any problems before now, ever.

It might just be my Accord's headlight auto-off feature going crazy. I tested out the ballast on the opposite headlight and it worked fine. Also, the bulb can't be blown or else it wouldn't even turn on to begin with.

Let me know. At this point, I'm debating trouble shooting it. You can order replacement parts from a distributor in San Fran and they are $65 shipped for the Ballast, $65 shipped for the ignitor, and $50 shipped for the bulb. The only part I haven't tested is the ignitor, and I'm going to test that later tonight.

Thanks,
Michael
Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by du_ma
I have an update:

When i was preparing the remove the kit, I noticed that the passenger side light was turning off by itself every 2 minutes. If any of you still want the kit, I'd like to sell it still. It's never had any problems before now, ever.

It might just be my Accord's headlight auto-off feature going crazy. I tested out the ballast on the opposite headlight and it worked fine. Also, the bulb can't be blown or else it wouldn't even turn on to begin with.

Let me know. At this point, I'm debating trouble shooting it. You can order replacement parts from a distributor in San Fran and they are $65 shipped for the Ballast, $65 shipped for the ignitor, and $50 shipped for the bulb. The only part I haven't tested is the ignitor, and I'm going to test that later tonight.

Thanks,
Michael
Will you do $100 shipped? Im at 94112
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:45 PM   #15

is it still up for sale?
Accordxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM   #16
import tuner and rn

does the distributor have a website or number

Quote:
I have an update:

Thanks,
Michael
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:08 PM   #17
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

like i said guys .. its pending
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #18

update:

I tested the ballast and igniter from the passenger side on the driver side headlight with no problems. I doubt the problem is with my bulb since it would turn on without problem. The problem might be my car, but I can't be 100% certain.

The sale price still holds at $100 + shipping. Even if you had to replace the rebased 9006 HID bulb for $50 shipped, you're still getting a steal. I will PM you people who were interested before and double check.

Btw, the distributor is located in the Bay Area and their contact info is:
Tel : +1.510.688.3122
Fax: +1.408.268.6410

Last edited by du_ma; January 24th, 2006 at 09:01 PM..
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #19
import tuner and rn

thanks for the info
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2006, 05:06 PM   #20

If this is still available I can transfer the money thru paypal (bank account transfer) just pm me your email address.
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #21

Will do. I'm just waiting for Dtownz who is 1st in line. I'm giving him until tomorrow afternoon to confirm. If he does not, then I'll send you my paypal address ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordboy
If this is still available I can transfer the money thru paypal (bank account transfer) just pm me your email address.
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Will do. I'm just waiting for Dtownz who is 1st in line. I'm giving him until tomorrow afternoon to confirm. If he does not, then I'll send you my paypal address ASAP.

SOLD
Thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in