**CLOSED** Brand New Lacoste Shirts - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2006, 09:57 PM   #1

**CLOSED** Brand New Lacoste Shirts

I have a bunch of shirts that I have for sale. All new with tags and in plastic packagin. I dont own a business or anything but have a few shirts that I want to get rid of. Im located in Plantation if anyone wants to come look at these beforehand.

Last edited by aznfunkyflip; September 6th, 2006 at 08:17 AM..
accordy2g is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:00 PM   #2

how much for black L shipped to 73162?
jdm_dynasty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:01 PM   #3

41.30 shipped.

Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:42 PM   #4
oSCaR

lacoste fitting is whack... do you have the number sizes on the shirts? I belive it goes...
6=medium
7=large
8=xl
9xxl

are these authentic lacoste? on the tags what does it say? "Made in ______"?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:47 PM   #5
say hello to angels..

you need a vendor's license to sell bulk on this site...
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM   #6

how much for that darker blue L shipped to 53221
Black4dr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM   #7
eat'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
lacoste fitting is whack... do you have the number sizes on the shirts? I belive it goes...
6=medium
7=large
8=xl
9xxl

are these authentic lacoste? on the tags what does it say? "Made in ______"?

so if it says, made in....... is it fake?
TYRONE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:40 PM   #8

Can I get close up pictures of the alligator and the buttons?
dandydaniel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2006, 03:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydaniel
Can I get close up pictures of the alligator and the buttons?

I will post pics of the alligator up tonight when I get home.

on the tag it says designed in France Made in Peru .

And yes they do have numerical values on the tag but most people ask size 5 is a what and size 7 is a what so i just though I would make it easier for everyone.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:38 PM   #10
oSCaR

I was just tryin to clear up the sizes kuz so what numbers are you calling M/L/XL? 6/7/8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYRONE
so if it says, made in....... is it fake?
supposedly the real ones are made in peru, the ones made in france or some other sh!t are fake...
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
I was just tryin to clear up the sizes kuz so what numbers are you calling M/L/XL? 6/7/8?

supposedly the real ones are made in peru, the ones made in france or some other sh!t are fake...

size 5 M
6 L
7 XL
8 XXL
9 XXXL
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #12

Did you get them from a Lacoste boutique or a department store like Macy's, Nordies/Bloomies? (not sure what your equivalent is in FL). I've seen a handful of those who say they're authentic and they have things like gurantee or refund/buy back and what not, but they're not. They're really good knock offs and if you don't know your Lacoste inside out, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Even the fake ones say "Designed in France, Made in Peru". It's all in the fine details that most people don't know where to even look. I'm a slight Lacoste fanatic so I can spot a knockoff pretty easily.

If you got them from a Lacoste boutique or from an authorized dealer, those are really sweet prices since the shirts normally go for about $70 a piece.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lilazngrl4o8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #13
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8
Did you get them from a Lacoste boutique or a department store like Macy's, Nordies/Bloomies? (not sure what your equivalent is in FL). I've seen a handful of those who say they're authentic and they have things like gurantee or refund/buy back and what not, but they're not. They're really good knock offs and if you don't know your Lacoste inside out, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Even the fake ones say "Designed in France, Made in Peru". It's all in the fine details that most people don't know where to even look. I'm a slight Lacoste fanatic so I can spot a knockoff pretty easily.

If you got them from a Lacoste boutique or from an authorized dealer, those are really sweet prices since the shirts normally go for about $70 a piece.
have em post the pics you need to decipher if these are real or not so we can know whats up!!!

the reason I havent bought any is kuz I really dont wanna buy any fake ishh
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:51 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to 1bLwN_AcCoRd
theres a couple ways to know if its real, ONE BIG one is the lacoste alligator has to be placed in the middle of the 1st bottom button and the stitching at the bottom of the flap right below the first button. 2nd the buttons are not white they're mostly black with a pearl coat on the surface. and there should be no writing or logos on the button just plain pearl colored buttons. and the last one i can think of the claws on the alligator have to be distinct. fakes dont take the time to make it distinct they're all rounded and blunt.

soooo are these real?? if they are i may be interested in pickin one up.
1bLwN_AcCoRd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bLwN_AcCoRd
theres a couple ways to know if its real, ONE BIG one is the lacoste alligator has to be placed in the middle of the 1st bottom button and the stitching at the bottom of the flap right below the first button. 2nd the buttons are not white they're mostly black with a pearl coat on the surface. and there should be no writing or logos on the button just plain pearl colored buttons. and the last one i can think of the claws on the alligator have to be distinct. fakes dont take the time to make it distinct they're all rounded and blunt.

soooo are these real?? if they are i may be interested in pickin one up.

The white button thing isn't necessairly true. It depends on the color of the shirt which determine the color of the buttons. I've noticed from pure observation that the lighter colors (pink, shades of yellow, chartreuse, apricot, lavender, pastel colors), those tend to have white buttons. The darker colors (Black, navy, brown, tan, dark green, earth tones so to speak), those tend to have the black buttons.

All of the buttons are mother of pearl and should have no writings on them. The buttons are also stiched on with the thread running vertically.

For the women, the alligator sits between the two stitching lines which is under the lowest button. For the men, i've noticed that they sit a little higher up. Typically between the top stitching which is below the lowest button, but not above the lowest button (in the middle).

The two legs of the alligator have to perfectly curve and wrap around the C in Lacoste. There should be 3 defined claws on the alligator. The belly of the alligator hangs between the legs before the claws start and directly above the curve of the C in Lacoste.

When the shirts are buttoned up, the stitching should be perfectly straight with no slight tilt/slant/crookedness to it.

The edge of the collar has this thick band that runs through it. It should feel solid and should be raised on the outside and flat with a semi indentation inwards on the underside. The edges should be rounded off with no fraying.

The tag that say "Designed in France Made in Peru" should be in that order. France first, then Peru. The tag with the Lacoste logo should never cover the writing on the tag that says "Designed in France Made in Peru". On the tag that say "Designed in France Made in Peru" there's typically some left over threading from the wording. The green thread should run horizontally and should be on the RIGHT edge only. There should be 4-5 lines of green extra thread on the right side of the tag (women's shirt. Not sure how many lines are on the men's).

The fabric itself should feel solid and sturdy. Not flimsy. The pique in the polo should feel sort of "rough" in a sense. You should be able to feel the pique. The bottom stitching at the end of the shirts should be straight with no double stitching or no incomplete/messy stitching.

That's pretty much some of the jist. There's some real nit picking things that you can get into (alignment of the shoulders to the cuff of the shirts to the arm band at the edge of the shirt). I'm better at identifying the women's shirt since I have like a dozen and a half of them. I'm not around the men's shirt enough to find all the little details, but my brother does have a few that I looked at in comparison to the women's and that was just a few of the commont things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lilazngrl4o8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #16
oSCaR

so are these the real thing accordy?
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #17

My friend lost his busiess and declared bankruptcy so i was helping him out and getting some of his money back. He owned a store in South Beach so im sure they are authentic, what pics do you need me to take and Ill post them up so you guys can see first hand. Not trying to scam anyone here, just trying to help my friend out so just tell me what pics you need and ill get them for ya tonight
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:05 AM   #18

Snapped some real quick before I left for work.

Old September 6th, 2006, 07:37 AM   #19
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
the gator is too low on the shirts on the left hand side = fake.
OwAce is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to aznfunkyflip
accordy2g ... you need a vendor license to sell these in here.

PM one of the senior mod or Dizzy for more info.

this thread will be close until further notice.
aznfunkyflip is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in