**SOLD** Zex dry nitrous kit, bottle, press gauge, RPM window switch - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #1
2K1 SyLvRyD

Talking **SOLD** Zex dry nitrous kit, bottle, press gauge, RPM window switch

ok so i need money and i'm selling my Zex dry nitrous kit that i have used for about a month and a half

still works great! its the 55/65/75 shot dry setup

comes with a 10lb (unfilled) bottle with a pressure gauge

comes with everything that came originally with the kit

i am looking for $370 shipped

Also i have a RPM window switch, i used it to have the nitrous turn on and off between a certain RPM range. I am looking for $65 shipped for this, if you want to include it in the nitrous kit then add $50. Item goes new for $80. This also comes with homemade adjustable switches that allow you to pick the RPM level. If you wanted to go out and by these they are another $60+

ill have pictures up later today or tomarrow, feel free to PM me or AIM: itsiceitscold or email me at [email protected]

check out my user rating or feedback what ever its called, they are all positive!

here is all the pictures i have for now...

RPM window switch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BigBizzle; September 15th, 2006 at 02:47 PM..
BigBizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #2
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to 05AV6
two questions,
A.) does this work for the 7th gen v6's?
B.) does this include everything necessary for install
05AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #3
2K1 SyLvRyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05AV6
two questions,
A.) does this work for the 7th gen v6's?
B.) does this include everything necessary for install

yes this has everything for install

this should work on the 7th gens i dont see why not, you just gotta connect the 2 air lines to the fuel regulator and the intake manafold

Old September 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #4
2K1 SyLvRyD

any interest? any offers?
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #5
2K1 SyLvRyD

pictures added
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to fastV6 Send a message via Yahoo to fastV6
How about 250.00 For everything??
fastV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #7
2K1 SyLvRyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastV6
How about 250.00 For everything??
no thanx, new its alot more than i'm asking, and without the gauge
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #8
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
I'm going to go a step further and be a bit more specific on my inquiry:

Does it have everything pictured here? http://www.zex.com/Products/NitrousOxide/Dry4-6cyl.asp
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #9
2K1 SyLvRyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master
I'm going to go a step further and be a bit more specific on my inquiry:

Does it have everything pictured here? http://www.zex.com/Products/NitrousOxide/Dry4-6cyl.asp
yes it does, except the puch botton and some of the wire connectors, but you can pick all that up at a radio shack or auto zone for a few bucks if you even need it,
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #10
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Okay, I want dibs for now, while I discuss things with you if that's alright.

What is a "puch button"? What I'm looking to do is put this in a friend's Civic in the form of all she has to do is make sure there's stuff in the bottle, flip an arming switch, and then floor it.
Old September 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #11
2K1 SyLvRyD

Quote:
Okay, I want dibs for now, while I discuss things with you if that's alright.

What is a "puch button"? What I'm looking to do is put this in a friend's Civic in the form of all she has to do is make sure there's stuff in the bottle, flip an arming switch, and then floor it.
yea then you really dont want a push button anyway, a push button is basically like that of fast and furious where anytime you push the button, the nitrous is put into the engin, not the best.

This kit will have everything you are looking for, however, you will need to get a wot (wide open throttle) switch for when you have it floored. it turns the nitrous on only when you arm the switch and then the gas is pushed all the way down, this is the safest and no push button is needed.

You could also work in the RPM window switch i have and use, this will use the nitrous (if used with the WOT switch) when the gas is all the way down, and only between a certain rpm range

But as for my kit, you can get it and just need a WOT switch (around $30 i think) and your all set, comes with everything needed, well then minus the Nitrous in the tank, you will have to get that filled
Old September 17th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #12
2K1 SyLvRyD

oh and i would also recomend some newer spark plugs, i heard you could melt your factory plugs with nitrous, but plugs are cheap, just get some with a colder rating and your all set
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #13
Mirage Representative

I was always under the impression that the ZEX kit came with the ability to activate at WOT. On the link to the ZEX official page with the kit, it says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEX
ZEX "Dry" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle, using advanced electronics that monitor your engine's throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable.
So if the kit will work without having to buy extra stuff (you obviously didn't need to use the "wire connectors", so I doubt I'll need to), I'm in. Thanks for taking the time to discuss all this with me. I will also need for you to have the installation instructions with it as well.
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #14
2K1 SyLvRyD

Quote:
I was always under the impression that the ZEX kit came with the ability to activate at WOT. On the link to the ZEX official page with the kit, it says:

So if the kit will work without having to buy extra stuff (you obviously didn't need to use the "wire connectors", so I doubt I'll need to), I'm in. Thanks for taking the time to discuss all this with me. I will also need for you to have the installation instructions with it as well.
yea i do beleive i have the install instructions, if not you can download them from ZEX. as for the WOT you are talking about. Their are 2 wires connectiong to the control unit, one you connect to an arming switch, the other can go to a WOT switch or pushbutton or RPM window switch or what ever. Their kits do not come with WOT switches, however they are connected and controled with the airintake and ruel regulator which is why i picked ZEX cause ihave read they are the safest and their control unit works great to protect your engine. you could even make your own little switch if you riged a push button switch under you gas pedal so when the pedal is all the way down it hits the push button and works the same as the switch that zex sells that connects to the throttle wire
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #15
2K1 SyLvRyD

this was my 1st kit, i was very new to nitrous, and this kit was very easy to use and install, took me longest to run the steal hose from back to front, and yes you might need to buy some wire to run from the arming switch, of the interior to the control unit in the engin, but again, a few bucks at auto zone
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #16
Mirage Representative

Okay, so a WOT switch isn't needed, because the kit senses the point of WOT by itself. So one final question:

If I buy the kit from you as is, and get the tank filled, will I be able to install and use it without having to get anything else?
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #17
2K1 SyLvRyD

well no it doesnt sence wOT, it only controls the correct air/fuel mixture, and addjusts the correct nitrous to be placed in the intake, it doesnt know you have it WOT, but again, if you just want to flor it, and then flick on the arming switch when you have the gas pressed all teh way, and then just turn off the switch when you let off the gas that will work, i had mine set up that way for a run or to unstill my RPM switch came

Yes you will have everything, you might need a wrench of the right size, but yea it comes with everything you will need. Unless you want/need more wire for a few $ at autozone, you are alset, comes with hose, bottle, gauge(which didnt come with the kit) and control unit and i will give you my hose i used to conect to the intake and fuel regulator (but it depends on where you mount the control unit if my hose will be long enough) but again for a few bucks at auto zone you can get it your size, but that would be the same if you bought the kit new,

so to sum it up, yes you will be all set, just add the nitrous
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #18
Mirage Representative

Okay, hit me up with your PayPal address. I'll send you payment tomorrow (next available business day) evening.
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #19
2K1 SyLvRyD

ok, just to let you know, the kit is still install on my car, i will need a few days to take it out, i will try tomarrow, i should be able to, if not i will within a few days after, paypal address: [email protected]
Old September 18th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #20
Mirage Representative

I've sent payment via PayPal. Please leave me good feedback. I now eagerly await the ZEX kit.
Old September 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #21
2K1 SyLvRyD

the next day i have time to remove it would be on thursday, maybe tuesday depends on if i work late, but soon as i get the chance to remove it i will box it up and sent it!!! ill let ya know more details when time comes!
Old September 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #22
Mirage Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizzle
the next day i have time to remove it would be on thursday, maybe tuesday depends on if i work late, but soon as i get the chance to remove it i will box it up and sent it!!! ill let ya know more details when time comes!
Then I want my feedback today at least!
Old October 10th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #23
Mirage Representative

Quote:
So one final question:

If I buy the kit from you as is, and get the tank filled, will I be able to install and use it without having to get anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizzle
Yes you will have everything, you might need a wrench of the right size, but yea it comes with everything you will need. Unless you want/need more wire for a few $ at autozone, you are alset, comes with hose, bottle, gauge(which didnt come with the kit) and control unit and i will give you my hose i used to conect to the intake and fuel regulator (but it depends on where you mount the control unit if my hose will be long enough) but again for a few bucks at auto zone you can get it your size, but that would be the same if you bought the kit new,

so to sum it up, yes you will be all set, just add the nitrous
Okay, I tried to get this installed... and it doesn't have everything needed. Here's what is missing:

The nuts, bolts, and washers (I think that's what the four circle things are) on the right I can pick up at a hardware store with no problem... if I knew the correct sizes for them. Can you (or anyone else) give me the sizes please? It doesn't say what they are in the instruction manual.

I don't know what the two things that are circled on the lower left are (the pink and sky blue looking pieces), and I couldn't find them on ZEX's site. If you (or anyone else) could let me know what those are, so I can try to find them, that'd be great.

The two "brass/gold" items that I circled as missing are integral to the install, as those make up the "Bulkhead Fitting Assembly". I can order those from ZEX at their website for a total of $14.24 ($3.03 backing nut for 1/16 NPT fitting + $4.53 1/16 NPT bulkhead fitting + $6.68 shipping = $14.24).

I'm not really trippin' about the mounting bolts/nuts/washers, and will pick up that cost myself (since you included that set of blue wires for me at no extra cost) if someone can give me the sizes I'll need. What I am asking is that you reimburse me for the money that I have to use to order the Bulkhead Fitting Assembly. I've yet to leave feedback on our transaction, and I don't want to wreck your perfect record. I also pretty sure you didn't mean to leave the parts out. I think that it's fair of me to ask you to reimburse me for the money I have to spend ordering the missing parts from ZEX that are needed for the install. Thanks for your time.
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #24
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Quote:
all she has to do is make sure there's stuff in the bottle, flip an arming switch, and then floor it.
Lucky girl
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #25

dude u shoulda jes bought it new from a site or something if yer gonna b hella anal about everything .....probably coulda got those fittings at a hardware store for a couple bucks....n u coulda tooken the box there to find the right bolts n nuts to mount it at the same time
SWATaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #26
Mirage Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATaccord
1. dude u shoulda jes bought it new from a site or something if yer gonna b hella anal about everything

2.....probably coulda got those fittings at a hardware store for a couple bucks....n u coulda tooken the box there to find the right bolts n nuts to mount it at the same time
1. I was told directly by the seller that I would have everything needed to install the kit. That was not the case. I was either lied to, or it was an honest mistake on his part.

2. The box and instructions do not have the sizes stated. I don't know the sizes or what the things are.

I lived up to my end of the transaction, I asked specific questions regarding the kit, and I was patient when it took him longer than expected to ship me the kit. I've always found that this place is not only a more friendly community than most car forums, but generally an honest one as well. I am hoping that that will hold true with this transaction.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 06:39 PM   #27
2K1 SyLvRyD

Quote:
1. I was told directly by the seller that I would have everything needed to install the kit. That was not the case. I was either lied to, or it was an honest mistake on his part.

2. The box and instructions do not have the sizes stated. I don't know the sizes or what the things are.

I lived up to my end of the transaction, I asked specific questions regarding the kit, and I was patient when it took him longer than expected to ship me the kit. I've always found that this place is not only a more friendly community than most car forums, but generally an honest one as well. I am hoping that that will hold true with this transaction.

all was included, my kit never came with bolts when i gotthe kit off ebay to begin with. I just had a few laying around and must not have thrown them in. Else anything else you circled you dont need, because i never used all else you stated you are missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in