Adhesive Car Bumper Tape - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What width are you looking for
1" 0 0%
2" 0 0%
3" 0 0%
4" 2 28.57%
6" 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Adhesive Car Bumper Tape

For those people who use blue tape to tape up their bumpers when going on a long drive or going to a car show.

I have been working with a company near my work that have different types of tape products. I asked them about a good tape that I could put onto my front bumper to keep it from being hit by rock and other things that get kicked up on the road. So I tried out some thick low tack tape that they had which they gave to me in a 12” wide roll which allowed me to tape up my front bumper in about 5 minutes because it wasn’t 1-2” wide like the blue rolls of tape we normally use.

So I went to pick up a car in LA and drive it back up to San Jose, it took me about 6 or so hours. After the drive it took me about 2 minutes to pull all the tap off which left no residue which I had been expecting due to the heat from the sun. The tape had also protected the bumper perfectly from about a million bugs and a few rocks that I could tell had gone up left a scuff mark on the tape.

Anyway I had a few people asking if we could get this tape cut in different sizes and sold to those people who wanted a faster easier solution to the blue tape.

The tape can be cut to different size widths. We are looking at 2”, 4” and 6”, and all rolls will have about 300 feet of tape which should be enough to cover your car bumper several times.

I am trying to see how many people are interested in this so I can purchase as many rolls of this that I can at one time to help keep the price down.

-Garrett

gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #2
JB4 e92

Well damn, I wish you would have brought this up last year when I drove with my fiberglass bumper daily.

I'm going to forward this to some of my buddies as well to get a definite answer for you.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #3
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2draccord
Well damn, I wish you would have brought this up last year when I drove with my fiberglass bumper daily.

I'm going to forward this to some of my buddies as well to get a definite answer for you.
Sounds good, yeah I had been talking to Maurice about this stuff for a while and I just went over today to talk to the guy about the tape and he told me he could place an order for as much as I needed in a week or so.
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #4

wats the best way to lift up a sagging bumper? u know how u one has gaps inbtween the headlights and grill and bumper? i wanna have my bumper flushed to the headlights,etc, do use this tape?
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #5
JB4 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
wats the best way to lift up a sagging bumper? u know how u one has gaps inbtween the headlights and grill and bumper? i wanna have my bumper flushed to the headlights,etc, do use this tape?
If you read the first post. It clearly states this is for protecting the paint/finish of your car from bugs, rocks, debris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gme2001
put onto my front bumper to keep it from being hit by rock and other things that get kicked up on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gme2001
protected the bumper perfectly from about a million bugs and a few rocks
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #6
Shes like the wind

Send a message via AIM to xi0utlawstarix
So the tape can only be use for a short period of time?? This would be useful during the New England winter for my WW lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
maybe you should try tilting the black bracket, under the headlight that hold the bumper, upward
xi0utlawstarix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #7
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
o this is interesting. the 6" rolls at home depot is about 10-12 bucks i think, so depending on the price for the 6" i may pick up a few rolls to keep in my garage.

and why didnt you let me know you were in LA, we couldve have lunch or something.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in