FS: S2000 HID retro for 7th gen Accords - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #1
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
FS: S2000 HID retro for 7th gen Accords

I'm trading in my 2003 Accord EX v6 coupe, so I'm trying to give my aftermarket parts good new homes.

This HID retro Larry (littodevil) did and would be a complete setup including S2000 projectors, blue LEDs in front of the high beam reflector, Hella gen 3 ballasts, and Phillips 5000K D2S bulbs. But there's a slight catch. They would probably need a visit to Larry to correct the rotational adjustment issue and I believe the ballasts may not working correctly. Originally this setup was around $1500ish, but since there are known issues I would charge way less than that. Not sure how much Larry would charge to fix them up, and not sure how much Hella gen 3 ballasts are nowadays either.

If you are going to have Larry dial them in, coordinate it with him, and I'll ship them directly to him for you if you want to save some shipping around the country. If the two beams being slightly off doesn't bother you, and generally no one else will notice when you are driving, then you would just have to diagnose if the ballasts need to be replaced or not. They were acting a bit funny for me before I removed them and I never dug into what was going on, it could have been a wiring issue since I ran them without a wiring harness. But I can't say for sure, so I just want to warn potential buyers ahead of time.

$450 shipped, which I think is fair since you may have to spend a few hundred more getting them up and running.

smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Fast at Last!... kind of.

Good price.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #3
The Anti-Virus

Thanks, I thought it was a fair price since a little work would have to be done to get them perfect again. A clever person might be able to coerce the rotational adjustment back into working, I just didn't want to mess with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

Old June 27th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #4
girl powah!!

Send a message via AIM to 03aV6cpe
do you have any pics of this slightly off cut-off?

Official Slammed Club Member (Stage 3)
Featured Ride Of The Month (June-July 2010)

03aV6cpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #5
The Anti-Virus

Unfortunately no I don't. I never thought to do that while they were installed, sorry.

They are off enough to notice when they are shining against a wall or object, but during normal driving you would never know. And people can't tell unless they are looking at the beam pattern on some other object... really just depends on how picky you are.

Had I been keeping the car, I would have tried to coerce the rotational adjustment mechanism to be able to adjust it. If that had failed, I would have sent them back to Larry for him to take apart and fix the mechanism.

"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

Last edited by smithz; June 27th, 2007 at 02:32 PM..
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #6
4 door Coupe

this is a good price.. but its just the wrong color for me, and im not a fan of the "angel eye". but man, this is a really good price
terez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #7
The Anti-Virus

Just don't hook up the angel eyes... you can't really see them anyways when the HIDs are on.

Old June 27th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Damn You All !!!

Send a message via AIM to VTEC4ME
besides the cutoff, what is wrong with them again?
they dont work cuz of a bad ballast?
VTEC4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:30 PM   #9
The Anti-Virus

No, I just suspected that the ballasts might be bad. It might be because I had a wiring issue, I never used a wiring harness. So the ballasts could have been shutting down because of low voltage or some other issue. But I never got around to diagnosing the problem, so I'm just trying to warn potential buyers that they *might* have to buy new ballasts. They also might be just fine if hooked up using a wiring harness. I just can't say one way or the other for sure. I try to just be as honest as possible so there are no surprises and no unhappy buyers.

Old June 27th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #10
oSCaR

is there any way you can get larry on here and let us know how much it would be to fix all the
potential issues? like a maximum price? Im interested but since I know nothing about retros
and how much it costs to fix them, I dont want to buy something I dont have the feds to fix.

it would be great if larry could get us an estimate.

also, do you have pics of them on the car?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #11
The Anti-Virus

I'll see if I can get Larry to chime in. He was the one that originally mentioned to me that he could do the repair on them pretty easily.

As for pics on the car...

Old June 27th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #12
The Anti-Virus

I pm'd Larry, so hopefully he can post an estimate.

Old June 27th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #13

SIK,SIK deal!!!!! free bump
simione is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #14
The Anti-Virus

Well I thought it was a fair deal... yet still no takers. This would be perfect for someone that was getting ready to do their own retro anyways and were prepared to do a little work for them. It could significantly reduce the costs involved...

I could probably make more money disassembling them and selling the pieces, but I'd rather not destroy a nice pair of retros if I don't have to.
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #15
7th Gen ACcord

someone should just jump on this. s2k proj are 300 bucks alone
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #16
The Anti-Virus

Exactly...

Old June 28th, 2007, 01:11 AM   #17
M

bump for a great seller!!!
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #18
The Anti-Virus

Thanks Matt!

No someone buy these! They are all packed and waiting to ship... they need a good home!

Old June 28th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #19
Damn You All !!!

how long were these on your car?
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #20
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdMb16a2six
someone should just jump on this. s2k proj are 300 bucks alone
considering I dont know how much it costs to fix larry's work... I dont wanna pick up
a load that I cant handle... Ill probably need a wiring harness since the OP said he
doesnt have it, maybe fix that alignment, and probably get new ballasts... I have no
clue how much either of these items will cost.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #21
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC4ME
how long were these on your car?
Shy of 2 years. But never driven during the winter months since I have a Jeep. Basically they've been on the car for almost 10K miles.
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #22

no cutoff pictures?? looks good though...i need to convince my sister to buy these for her 7th gen she is going to get haha
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #23
The Anti-Virus

They have an s2k cutoff, there's many pictures of those. I never took any of these particular ones.

Old June 28th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #24
Damn You All !!!

what do you connect the LED'S to?
i'm interested, i'll give you a definite answer by tomorrow.
consider it as me calling dibs.
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #25
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC4ME
what do you connect the LED'S to?
i'm interested, i'll give you a definite answer by tomorrow.
consider it as me calling dibs.
Sounds good, let me know as soon as possible. I have at least one other interested party.
Old June 28th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #26
Damn You All !!!

and what about the l.e.d.'s, what did you connect those to?
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #27
The Anti-Virus

The LEDs I tapped into the parking lights so any time the parking lights were on, the blue LEDs and angel eyes were on. They have a separate pair of wires, so you can do whatever you want with them... wire them to a switch, wire them to the parking lights, wire them to the turn signals... pretty much whatever reallly.

Old June 29th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #28
Official V6P Retro Whore

does the rotational adjustment work? or is it busted?
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #29
The Anti-Virus

It still works, it's just that I wasn't able to adjust it enough to level them out. Larry's adjustment mechanism is limited in how much it can move it. But like I said, with some tweaking by hand and the adjustment screw you *might* be able to dial them in rotationally.

Old June 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #30
Damn You All !!!

are both ballasts not working or only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in