** Resolution Needed in Transaction ** - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
** Resolution Needed in Transaction **

Ok so i posted a thread selling my wings west rear lip, ong boi (Tony Ong) told me he would do a straight up trade for my rear lip for his mugen rear lip. Me and him agreed to it i shipped it out to canada to him had to pay 80 bucks for it. He then messaged me saying that it would cost him $170 for him to mail it to me and he said he couldnt pay that much money to ship it out. I agreed that was alot of money so i told him to paypal me $160 and that would cover the expenses for shipping and the rear lip. He told me he sent out the MO last week i think thursday or friday, its been a week now and i still havent received the MO from him, i sent him another pm saying that if he doesnt respond by sunday i would file legal suit against him. Just letting you guys know how shady this dude is and he should be banned, im making it my effort to get him banned on every forum he is on!
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
a week? relax buddy USPS isn't always super reliable or fast.
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #3
ex scientia vera

I'd say hold off just a bit longer. International shipping (i.e.: Canada ) can be complex at times. There are so many extenuating circumstances these days that can delay an international parcel.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM   #4

you would be hard-pressed to file a legal suit for such a small claim. you would end up paying more in legal expenses and creating headaches for yourself than what you would potentially win back.

if this guy turns out to be a loser scammer you'd have to chalk it up to experience. i frikking hate scammers and thieves.. they need to die!!
ilovepoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #5
POS driver

Send a message via AIM to 98CG__sHow
to all of the above
98CG__sHow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #6

I had a scare almost exactly like that a couple weeks ago, it took 3 weeks but it turned out it just got lost in the mail... it's all good mang
player138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #7
Your V6P Snake Champion

If its not there in another week or you dont get the money from this guy I would try and get him banned.
oswhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #8
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Give him a few more days if it went threw Canada Post because it then goes to USPS, give him some more time I've had the same problem before and the shipping is pretty slow so just see what happens.
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #9
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
didnt he provide a tracking number of some sort
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #10

give it some more time. it took 9-10 days for me to mail to my brother in canada. so I agree with everyone here.
02SilverAcc2dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #11

USPS is terrible. They regularly take 1 week to just send WITHIN the US. One time a buyer paid $20 for me to Express Mail (overnight) it and it reached its destination 3 days later, and I had the guy file a Paypal claim against me...
faboloso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #12

i personally know ongboi
i have dealt with him numerous times with out problems
i am sure this is all shipping takin a while
blackaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #13
Old Member

well if it shows up then i will personally appologize to him and have this thread closed.
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #14
KT!

Send a message via AIM to icantsleeps
yeah man.. this forum is a community.. we're all bonded here by something we love! let's keep this a good place to do business and establish friendship! :] I <3 V6p
icantsleeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #15

yeah shipping international takes a while. one time over a month for random crap.
xlilbluux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:24 AM   #16

truthfully, no matter how busy you are. if you have business to take care of, at least respond. not responding to the contacts is uncalled for. unless there is some sort of misunderstanding. hope it sort out soon. i only been dealt with shipping in japan before. i would expect it would be faster but that fagget seller sent me this item i ordered with ebay through STAMPS! yes. Japanese stamps from Japan to USA. LOL. it took me 2 months to receive it. i guess they have no other way but to send it off to USA. haha. it was a Initial D game for my PSP btw.
jdm_dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:11 AM   #17
Mark G.

Send a message via AIM to jobata23
yeah i also hate usps, sometimes they will take one week and half, since i have also dealt w/ them when buying items from ebay, so just chill and wait
jobata23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #18
Old Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_dynasty View Post
truthfully, no matter how busy you are. if you have business to take care of, at least respond. not responding to the contacts is uncalled for. unless there is some sort of misunderstanding. hope it sort out soon. i only been dealt with shipping in japan before. i would expect it would be faster but that fagget seller sent me this item i ordered with ebay through STAMPS! yes. Japanese stamps from Japan to USA. LOL. it took me 2 months to receive it. i guess they have no other way but to send it off to USA. haha. it was a Initial D game for my PSP btw.
i agree it gives the buyer a peace of mind, i saw him logged on to read my message but i didnt get a reply back. Communication is the key.
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #19
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboloso View Post
USPS is terrible. They regularly take 1 week to just send WITHIN the US. One time a buyer paid $20 for me to Express Mail (overnight) it and it reached its destination 3 days later, and I had the guy file a Paypal claim against me...
I reject that blanket statement. USPS is not any slower than UPS, DHL, or FedEx. Think of the problem per parcel rate and you'd have a different perspective. I'm not claiming you didn't have a negative experience. To be the contrarian here, I've never had a problem with the USPS, and I use them exclusively.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post
I reject that blanket statement. USPS is not any slower than UPS, DHL, or FedEx. Think of the problem per parcel rate and you'd have a different perspective. I'm not claiming you didn't have a negative experience. To be the contrarian here, I've never had a problem with the USPS, and I use them exclusively.
You are correct, that statement was not necessarily the most accurate. To be fair, all shipping companies have had their moments, but I have had slightly better results from places like FedEx or UPS.
faboloso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #21

it really depends on your local P.O., hope everything gets worked out.
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #22

Good point, but other shipping companies (UPS, DHL, FEDX) provide information that the post office chargs extra for.
For example, UPS provided up to $100 insurance at no additional charge and gives you a tracking number. The post office charges you extra for insurance and online tracking.
blacknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #23
Very Inspired

Send a message via AIM to haiyter
this reminds me of the complains i get for working at a company that uses shipping companies such as usps, dhl, fedex, and ups. I remember people would pay for ground shipping and expect the package to come the next day and they would give us calls saying "why hasnt my package came yet?" or they would give us bad feedback that can't be retracted and we have to tell them that their stupid poor ass only paid for shipping which takes 5-7 WORKING days for it to be shipped from the time we give the package to the shippers. Working days as in M-F. Some shipping companies work on sat but i forgot which. Since your package is coming from out of the country, Then theres the issues where it has to go thru customs to make sure hes not sending stuff like anthrax
haiyter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #24
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
i got shafted with MOs.

me and someone on toyotanation were making a transaction, except it stopped at Step 1: Sending the money order.

it kept getting lost 2-3 times in a row. i had the right address, he sent it out, i waited weeks at time, and he was only a few states away. i went to the post office to check up on it, gave my info the manager, and he said he'd call me at 3 PM. he never fcuking called me back, and i never got my MO, so we just said fcuk it.
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:08 AM   #25

Sometimes things sit in custums for weeks for some stupid reason... Then all of a sudden it shows up... UGH...
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #26
JDM FTW!!!11one!

just like everyone said id definately give him a few more days. i sold some lug nuts to a member on another forum and shipped them to canada VIA USPS and they took almost 2 weeks to get there.
JBLAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #27
Adventure is out there!

Send a message via AIM to littletruong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLAccord View Post
just like everyone said id definately give him a few more days. i sold some lug nuts to a member on another forum and shipped them to canada VIA USPS and they took almost 2 weeks to get there.
I know personally it doesn't take two weeks from canada.. I bought ballasts from steverino, and he lives in canada.. i got it in 5 days.. but i guess it just depends sometimes...I personally don't like to deal with usps because i tried shipping out something to another member on this forum a long time ago.. and it said it would take 5-7 days... It showed up 2 months later after the other member and i filled out a lost claim..

But i've also had a problem with ups losing a package of mine also(rim & wheel) I was pretty upset about that..

So all in all, i still prefer to ship ups.. but i don't have a problem against usps either.. plus the ups is right down the street from my house and the usps is like 10 min away.. so i'll take the closer one
littletruong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to 99VTECCoupe
This thread reminded me of a dude that left me negative feedback on ebay...he bought a PC game from me and I shipped it out next day and went on vacation. I didn't get back home for a week and the jackass had sent me 10 emails in the 5 days it took to get there, and the last couple were very threatening, demanding and rude. So I sent him back an email basically telling him that he was being a **** and he needed to relax and show a little patience and courteousness to sellers(this was after the package had arrived at his house), and he left me negative feedback
99VTECCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #29
V6P Groupbuy Approved

whenever i deal with checks/money orders, i always ask the guy to express it or atleast throw on a delivery confirmation number onto it with priority at the very least. with money traveling on a plane, leaving it alone for too long is just asking for it to get lost/discarded.
XENITH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by XENITH View Post
whenever i deal with checks/money orders, i always ask the guy to express it or atleast throw on a delivery confirmation number onto it with priority at the very least. with money traveling on a plane, leaving it alone for too long is just asking for it to get lost/discarded.
+1 always use FedEx express or USPS Priority mail or w.e. and provide a tracking number
jim.e. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in