FS: 7th gen Summit Racing Lower Chassis Braces - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #1
"jim" - 03 Accord CM5

FS: 7th gen Summit Racing Lower Chassis Braces

Hey everyone... I'm sad to see these go, but For Sale is a set of used Undercarriage Braces from Summit Racing (based in Taiwan). The items are a 4-point Lower front X-brace and a Lower rear chassis bar. These Braces are pretty rare in the US... so having these will definitely make your car stand out.

Rear Lower Chassis Bar (4 point): $150 obo
Front Lower X-Brace (4 point): $200 obo

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

My reasons for selling... I bought these thinking I would be getting into autocross and other racing events, but as it turns out, I'm growing more conservative by the day. I decided that I want to take my car in a new direction... (maybe get some nice appearance mods like the 2005 hybrid decklid spoiler and a hfp lip kit...)

Pick up is preferred (I live in socal)... but I am willing to ship if you can't live without these. (As a sidenote, I'm not in a big rush to sell these... so I can wait if anyone needs some time to accumulate funds or whatever...)

If you're a member of G7A, I wrote a pretty lengthy review in their "product review" section... so check that out for details on handling changes, etc.

(and just in case you were wondering, yes these will fit any gen 7 accord)

Last edited by socal2k; October 19th, 2007 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: accidently messed up the prices...
socal2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2007, 01:13 AM   #2
Team Street Geekz

Send a message via AIM to CG2_MANG
whoa those looks sick i wonder if they have it for 6th gen coupes i wouldnt mind having one haha haha and good luck with the sell
CG2_MANG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #3

wow looks cool, i wonder if any were made for 6th gen
madaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 19th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #4
M

i'm interested in these...

do you have a link to the "product review" thread on g7a?
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #5
"jim" - 03 Accord CM5

oops I accidentally reversed my asking prices for the two braces... im asking 200 for the front and 150 for the back.

Unfortunately im not internet savy enough to link a site without a page specific url in the address bar... but I figured I should just copy and paste what I wrote in this forum. Keep in mind that this was written about 2 years ago (ie. doesn't relate to this for sale post at all...):

A few months ago, a Taiwanese company by the name of Summit-Racing came out with a whole line of products for our generation accords. Just recently, I bought and installed a set of their Undercarriage braces. Summit products are only available in Taiwan and unfortunately they do not have a website that sells or ships to the United States. I was fotunate enough to have a contact in Taiwan that could buy and ship out to the US. So on to the review... The Specific parts that I ordered and installed are:

Rear Lower Chassis Bar (4 point): Accord CL
Front Lower X-Brace (4 point): Accord CL

The Product: These are quality pieces, no question about it. They weigh about 10 lbs each, so my guess is that they are made of lightweight aluminum. Each brace is powdercoated an orange speck color and has the Summit logo placed very prominently. everything needed to install is included along with stickers.

Installation: Both items bolt on to the 2003-2007 sedan/coupe without any modification. No instructions are included, but installation is relatively simple. The only tools necessary are a jack and a torque wrench. Installation took less than an hour for both.

Road Test: The gains that these braces provide are very similar to those had by any solid front upper strut bar. The main performance aspect of Undercarriage braces is chassis stiffness. In my first drive with these, i tried rolling over speed bumps going sideways. Without these on, there is a lot of creaking and rolling as the chassis flexes over the bump one wheel at a time. With these on, the chassis moves as a unit and u can tell that the stress is being absorbed by the sway bar, and not the chassis. (as it should be) Likewise, i was utterly amazed during the winding road test. Like it or not, the stock accord is not a great handling vehicle. The stock version can perform certain stunts, but when it is pushed to its limits, the car will act like a wet noodle and flop all over the place. When the stock version starts to skid, the tires skip across the pavement. With the braces installed, the car exhibited more predictable handling and better turning ability in high stress situations. Steering input is much quicker also, because when u jerk the wheel the chassis doesnt twist as it does in the stock version. All of the force the driver puts in thru the wheel goes straight into turning the wheels.

I could rant forever i guess, but then who would read it hehe... I consider myself to be an extreme driver, so these braces made all the difference to me. However, I do not think that these braces should be the first suspension modification to ur car. If anything, they should come after stiffer suspension because the need will be much greater. (When this review was written, i was driving with the suspension mods listed below in my profile.)

For pictures of these products installed on my Accord, please visit my cardomain at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/831714/1.

For more information about these and more of Summit Racing's products, please visit http://www.summit-racing.com.tw/
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #6
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
wow looks pretty cool
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #7
"jim" - 03 Accord CM5

bump... still for sale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in