Nikon D50 + 18-55mm kit lens + original stuff + warranty!!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #1
4.0L

Nikon D50 + 18-55mm kit lens + original stuff + warranty!!!

** MODS: sorry...I forgot we had a non-automotive section now. Please move if you wish, thanks! **

Hey guys,

I upgraded SLRs so my Nikon D50 is up for sale. It's almost brand new...the number of shutter acutations I got from Opanda (which is now the only number I can "prove") is just under 3000 clicks. I originally purchased it from Wolf Camera here in Austin, TX.

The warranty that covers the body and the lens is through Wolf Camera. They will cover anything that happens to the camera other than loss/theft. If you can bring in the camera and/or the pieces...they'll fix it or replace it for you. This includes water damage as well. I'll check if the warranty is transferrable...if not you can just send it to me and I'll get it fixed for you...I'm sure you can find more than a few people on here to vouche for me =]. The warranty also includes 1 free cleaning per year...and I used mine for this year after I decided to sell...I actually just got it back a couple of weeks ago from cleaning.

Basically I'm selling it with everything I bought it with.

================================================== =========================
Includes:

D50 body (+ cap)
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G II ED kit lens (+ cap)

Dicon screen protectors for rear/top LCDs

OEM Nikon neckstrap
OEM EN-EL3a battery
OEM charger
OEM USB cable
OEM video cable
OEM D50 box
OEM lens box

Cokin drop in filter adapter

Digital-X package from Wolf Camera (indcludes coupons for random things, 20 free prints, and tickets to their photography classes, photo paper)

Unconditional warranty from Wolf Camera

2GB SanDisk SD memory card (good for 200+ pictures taken in RAW format @ largest size)

================================================== =========================

If you check out my flickr you can see a bunch of pictures taken with this very camera. Everything older than the "NIKON" picture was taken with the D50. The guitars were taken with the kit lens I'm including.

Email or PM if you have questons. I'll try to get pics of the camera up ASAP.

Price: $550 + shipping with tracking (+ insurance if you want it)

Thanks,
Jeff

Pics below:

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; October 26th, 2007 at 11:35 AM..
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #2

I always wanted a dslr... Wish I could afford it but right now I can't afford another hobby... Fishkeeping, car...

TTT
arkmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:54 AM   #3
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
bump for a friken nice camera.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • [ Car Domain. Check it out. ]
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

• [ DIY Ingalls Rear Camber Kit ]
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 19th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #4
Destroyer of Tires

Someone buy it! I would but I'm saving up for a D80 haha. Honest guy too

What is

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Okay, Ken Rockwell... who seems to be somewhat well known, says that the D50 is discontinued and replaced by the D40 (how lower numbers are better, puzzle me. source) The D40 goes for around $500 new with the lens and whatnot from the links Ken provides.

I am interested, but am not able to afford that kind of pricing. If you can sell it at that price, that's awesome for you. For now, I will wait for a price drop if it comes along.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #6
4.0L

^^ warranty.

D40 + kit lens = $500...but then there's tax and the cost of a warranty is about $170-$200 depending where you buy it. So really with this you're getting the warranty+tax for $50.
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #7
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
What a steal ..

I got a deal similar to this when I got my D70 for only $300 =]

Good luck with the sales
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Okay... doing a little more research, you are in fact selling for a good price, especially if what you say about it being clicked less than 500 times is true (the princess and I did a total of over 300 in one day from our last "photoshoot"). I hope someone will buy it from you. If nobody does... I will when it hits a price I can afford. So yeah, this is a warning to you other folks who might be interested, because people know how quick I can pick something up once it hits my price range.
Old October 19th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #9
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

The big advantage of the D50 over the D40 is that it has the screw focusing drive in the body, so it'll work with alllllll sorts of older lenses including all of the primes, such as the 35/2, 50/1.8, and 85/1.8 and tons of others. The D40 will work with these too, but no in body focusing screw drive, so no autofocus.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #10
4.0L

^^ Thanks SteVTEC...I wasn't sure if it was just the D40X that was not able to use the older (non-DX) lenses. But that makes sense since the only difference between the D40 and D40X is the number of pixels.

My statement is based on the fact that

1. I never reset my file counter
2. The file names never exceeded DSC_0500

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; October 19th, 2007 at 05:04 PM..
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #11
I ♥ My Honda

Send a message via AIM to ephyouckay
nice cam! im using the the d50 right now and was using the d40x previously. no complaints about the d50 and i just bought a 50mm prime lens for mine

less than 500 clicks is amazing!
ephyouckay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #12
Mirage Representative

Free bump, and I'm still watching.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:37 AM   #13
4.0L

BUMP!! Pictures added as well...sorry it took so long to get the pictures up!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:01 PM   #14
Mirage Representative

Does this thing come with a memory card?
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:50 PM   #15
4.0L

yes...i have a 2GB Sandisk SD card that I'll leave in the camera for the buyer! i've also added that to the "includes:" list in the first post...thanks for reminding me!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM   #16

What did you get to replace it?? still in the nikon family i hope
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:07 PM   #17
4.0L

Nikon D80
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:33 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
this is a great sell, i own a d50 and love it. its way better than the d40 and better quality and more features. great price as well. great buy for a starter or novice.. what did you upgrade to?
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM   #19
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy View Post
this is a great sell, i own a d50 and love it. its way better than the d40 and better quality and more features. great price as well. great buy for a starter or novice.. what did you upgrade to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
Nikon D80

I like the light up LCD on top =]
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #20
Mirage Representative

Free bump, and still watching. I don't want to throw out my offer, because I don't want you to feel like you're being "low balled". I know how it is trying to sell stuff. So yeah, I'll continue waiting a little longer for it to hit major steal status. I'll just hope nobody else picks it up in the meantime.
Old October 24th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Nikon D80
ah, welcome to the D80 club.

D80
- 18-55 f/3.5-5.6
- 18-135 f/3.5-5.6
- 35mm f/2
- 50mm f/1.8
- 85mm f/1.8
- 55-200 f/4-5.6
- SB-400, SB-600

I also have a D40, and am probably gonna pickup a Tokina 12-24 f/4 soon. Maybe this weekend.
Old October 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #22
4.0L

How's the 18-135? I was considering getting that as my kit lens...but it was a bit more expensive than the 18-55 and I already have a 55-200 VR =]. I think my macro is gonna be the 105 f/2.8 VRII...it's the hawtness.

BUMP!! I know someone wants this camera.
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #23
4.0L

bump
Old October 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #24

do you still have the original manual and all that good stuff?

also, how can you prove that theres only been 500 clicks, how do we know you havent reset the counter?

Also, would you be willing to meet up to sell this? however i dont have a car, so you would have to meet me somewhere on campus.

lmk via pm, since i dont check the threads that often

thanks
mnkyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
hmm.. tempting very tempting.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 25th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #26

Quote:
How's the 18-135? I was considering getting that as my kit lens...but it was a bit more expensive than the 18-55 and I already have a 55-200 VR =]. I think my macro is gonna be the 105 f/2.8 VRII...it's the hawtness.
Love it so far, but I really haven't had much opportunity to shoot with it. Got it dirt cheap used from somebody on NikonCafe.com. I like the added reach over the other kit zooms (18-55 & 18-70), but it's still slow (f/5.6) so not really of much use indoors w/o a flash, and I hate flashes. I knew that before buying it, though. I like being able to capture a scene wide at 18mm, and then zoom in close for a head shot portrait. The images are sharper straight off the camera than the 18-55, so that's nice, and images are sharp wide open too (unlike the 18-55) which is critical, since it's a slow lens and is gonna be wide open a lot. You need very little sharpening with the 18-135 wide open vs the 18-55 which needs lots. And the weight is still under control, too. I put it on the D40 and my wife loved the extra reach and didn't complain about the weight. I'll be shooting an event at work next week with it (Halloween party), so I'll give it a good workout then.

Is this the 105 you're talking about?: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/105vr.htm

That looks nice, and I'm sure the AF issues are long gone by now.
Old October 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #27
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkyman View Post
do you still have the original manual and all that good stuff?

also, how can you prove that theres only been 500 clicks, how do we know you havent reset the counter?

Also, would you be willing to meet up to sell this? however i dont have a car, so you would have to meet me somewhere on campus.

lmk via pm, since i dont check the threads that often

thanks
Well Nikon reset the counter when they cleaned it...so really you'd have to take my word for it =/. I can find the original receipt for you which shows that I bought it earlier this year (in the Spring). So if anything...you know that I haven't had this camera for years or anything like that.

I'm sure you can find more than a few people here who can vouche for me...that I'm not just gonna straight up lie to you about something like this.

I still have all the original paperwork that came with the camera. Original boxes as well for the camera and the lens.

Meeting on campus isn't a problem at all for me. I'm still a student and It's on my way to work if anything.

Let me know if you want it.
Old October 25th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #28
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
Love it so far, but I really haven't had much opportunity to shoot with it. Got it dirt cheap used from somebody on NikonCafe.com. I like the added reach over the other kit zooms (18-55 & 18-70), but it's still slow (f/5.6) so not really of much use indoors w/o a flash, and I hate flashes. I knew that before buying it, though. I like being able to capture a scene wide at 18mm, and then zoom in close for a head shot portrait. The images are sharper straight off the camera than the 18-55, so that's nice, and images are sharp wide open too (unlike the 18-55) which is critical, since it's a slow lens and is gonna be wide open a lot. You need very little sharpening with the 18-135 wide open vs the 18-55 which needs lots. And the weight is still under control, too. I put it on the D40 and my wife loved the extra reach and didn't complain about the weight. I'll be shooting an event at work next week with it (Halloween party), so I'll give it a good workout then.

Is this the 105 you're talking about?: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/105vr.htm

That looks nice, and I'm sure the AF issues are long gone by now.

Cool...I've been thinking about going with the 18-70mm or 18-135mm as my walk-around and then stepping up to the 70-300VR for my zoom lens. It would require me getting rid of the 18-55mm and 55-200VR that I have right now though.

Yep that's the 105 I'm talking about. The AF-S on that thing is better than anything I've ever seen in my life. It's so fast you wouldn't even think that there was any mechanical movement going on. That and it's quiet...all you hear is the "beep" when it's done. I took a picture of a dollar bill...I'll have to post it up. You can see where the ink bled into the fibers of the paper...it's crazy.

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; October 25th, 2007 at 10:51 PM..
Old October 25th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #29

If you run Windoze, I'm pretty sure Opanda will tell you the exact actuation count of your camera.
Old October 25th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #30
4.0L

I'll give that a shot.

So I just took a few pictures with the D50 and checked them out in Opanda. It's saying that there's somewhere close to 3000 shutter releases!!! I know for a fact that's wrong...unless Nikon had a field day testing it after cleaning? Is there something that can cause a false reading? This camera hasn't seen THAT much use. A couple of car shoots...and most pics were taken by my roommate since I didn't have a tripod.

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; October 25th, 2007 at 11:27 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in