Help with noise possible wheel bearing? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > COLORADO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_C Send a message via AIM to Steve_C
Unhappy Help with noise possible wheel bearing?

well late last night i was DD and i was driving my friend and my gf home. I guess it was late at night, and i was paying extra attention for cops and such. I noticed there was a low humming/groaning noise, almost as if there was a dead animal tied to the bottom of my car and i was dragging it along. At first i thought it was something stuck along the bottom of my car, or maybe my tire pressure was low.

So this morning i took a hose and proceeded to spray the rotors of any excess brake dust. i also looked under the car to make sure there was nothing there. after i dropped off my brother at work, i went to discount tires to get my tires checked, rotated and balanced and went to my buddies house. I had him ride along with me in the car to get his honest opinion. He said it's possible road noise from the tires, or possible the wheel bearing. Since i've had the wheel bearing replaced on my old acura vigor, bmw and he had his replaced on his honda/acura, the sound wasn't as deep as as previous experiences, but the signs pointed towards it.

The humming would start around 20mph, and gradually build up, as i close in on 60mph, it sounds sort of like a helicopter. I dropped by tc performance, but tobi was booked till tuesday. I would have had him ride along with me, but he was busy putting a motor together, so i didn't want to bother him.

Has this happened to anyone else before? If so, how did you solve it and how much did it cost? I have to start a job monday right by sedalia, and i was thinking about dropping it off at the mechanics down there that did jason's valve replacement. only thing is, i'm not sure if he'll have the part there, and how much he'll charge for the job. if he doesn't have it in stock and he can't do the job that day, i might have to either ask if they can push my training back a couple days, or decline the job. . Unless someone's done the wheel bearing before, then i can go to the stealership or autozone and pick up a wheel bearing. I can't pay much, but i'll bring the pizza and beer, and definately owe you a favor.

if anyone can give their imput or help, it's greatly appreciated.
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #2
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
Damn, I never saw this Steve...

I hope you got it figured out. I've repacked the wheel bearings on my bug before a couple years ago... it wasn't too ridiculous if you have everything you need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_C Send a message via AIM to Steve_C
well i had to get the rear hub assembly replaced, that cost 240 parts and labor. Unfortunately when i called Schlumberger to inform them of the situation and that i would be unable to make it the first day. They withdrew my job offer, so i'm back to the job search again.
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 15th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Let the good times roll..

just saw your post, sorry i didn't get you Gary's number.
tommypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #5
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO_Schen
well i had to get the rear hub assembly replaced, that cost 240 parts and labor. Unfortunately when i called Schlumberger to inform them of the situation and that i would be unable to make it the first day. They withdrew my job offer, so i'm back to the job search again.
That's lame they withdrew their offer... sorry to hear that man.
smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in