Hey Colorado, I'm thinking of joining your chapter... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > COLORADO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:30 AM   #1
^ lives for this stuff

Send a message via AIM to NDeedOne
Hey Colorado, I'm thinking of joining your chapter...

Hey guys, I was wondering... I'm from Lafayette, however, that's Lafayette, LA. My Wife and I are thinking of moving to Colorado springs, CO. Origonally I though that I would have to get rid of my Honda, and buy an AWD car. Is this true or, do you guys drive your accords through-out the winter months too? Pleases tell me a little bit about the winter driving conditions and the roadways (steapness) in your citys and espesically in colorado springs.

Here is Flat land - i'm lowered about 1.75 inches, and have summer tires. Give me some reality and help...

I know that you guys prob won't read this for at least another month, but I'm not moving for prob a year, so post anyway.

Thanks.... hope to meet you guys soon, Later
NDeedOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #2
Super Villain

Send a message via AIM to 7thGenVillain
oh i moved here about 2 years ago and i live in aurora which is close by to denver. ive been to springs and its has a great view. the roads in springs are kind up and down since its so close to the mountains. i drive with all season tires and have no problems. my accord coupe v6 is my daily driver. but everyone likes to switch tires during the winter. so let say u got rims with summer tires. you take your stock rims and put it with snow or all season tires and switch it out during winter. most of the guys do that. i just stick with all season for now since i dont have rims yet. overall colorado is a nice place to live. drivin in the snow u have to get to use too. but most of the time it doesnt snow that bad and on the highways they spray the de icer to melt the ice and snow. oh when ur driving through that, after driving through that you have to wash that off your car. if u dont it eats through your paint. nice meetin u. oh by the way im Thien aka 7thGenVillain. im the guy with the asian accord bumper and inspire stuff.
7thGenVillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2005, 05:33 AM   #3
^ lives for this stuff

Thanks for the info.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:13 AM   #4
Let the good times roll..

Your accord should be fine in about 99% of the days in colorado with ur drop. The summer tires will not get u newhere though, if they are z-rated don't even think about driving them on the snow. But if u had another set of wheels with some all seasons u'll be fine.
tommypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #5
^ lives for this stuff

Sweet, cuz I really like my accord with navi and didn't want to sell it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in