General Questons - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > COLORADO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM   #1
Suppa Clean 6th Gen

General Questons

i have a few different questions,

1) My front rotors were replaced on my 02 accord at about 30k because they had heat spots and were warped (bought the car used with 28k) so now at 52k when braking moderatly to decell form 60-90 the car shakes like it has heat spots again, i dont do this offten but its bothering me, it doesnt grab at low speeds so the rotors arnt warped, is this heat spots or is just my pads nearing the end of their service? (pads were replaced at 35k)
2) i had a pair of Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in my custom JDM headlights for about 5 months, 2 weeks agoo my front right went out, so i replaced it (thought maybe it was a bad bulb, 5 months is really short life for a good bulb) and this week my front left went out... It has been extreamly cold here in Fort Collins for the last 2-3 weeks so would that hav anything to do with the failures? also there's no moisture in the housings, I resealed them the right way, there is some fine dust that has gathered inside the housing but thats normal, so right now i didnt buy another silver star i just put the stocker back in... what bulbs do you guys use? i love the look of the silver stars, no yellow and very little to no blue, im not a ricer and i dont want ricy headlights, i just hate the yellow.... any suggestions? a friend of mine has PIAA bulbs and i cant stand them... way to blue for me...
3) And finaly ive been wanting to get rid of my crappy intake and get a true cold air, do any of you have any experiance with the AEM V2? is it worth the extra $50 over the regular AEM cold air?

Last edited by Silver6gen; March 21st, 2006 at 08:56 PM..
Silver6gen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2006, 09:02 PM   #2
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
1) are your pads making any noises?
2) silverstars tend to burn out very easily make sure your fingers dont touch the bulbs when youre installing them the oil from you fingers will damage the bulbs. Some other bulbs i have tried that i like are koba i dont think they make those anymore but they give out a nice white beam, and nokya.
3)Ive been wanting to get a aftermarket intake but im worried about hydrolocking so i just took out my resonator. As for the AEM v2 some say they have noticed a power increase you might want to do some searching around in this forum i think theres a couple of dynos on it.
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Super Villain

Send a message via AIM to 7thGenVillain
1. most likely sounds like your pads.
2. get raybrig bulbs.
3. the V2 is a nice intake to get.
7thGenVillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 21st, 2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Suppa Clean 6th Gen

thanks, ive got to get it serviced soon so i'll check them out, yea im kinda upset with the silverstars cuz i was extreamly carfull with them, my friend with an SC has them on his car and told me not to touch them cuz they were very sensitive, but i will look into the nokyas, and raybrig bulbs..
my brakes dont squeak, and they dont vibrate when decelling, from speeds below 70, they just shake the car like hell when i slow down from 90 or so, not that i do that often...
im tired of my SRI so yea i think im gonna save up for the v2
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #5
Suppa Clean 6th Gen

just got some PIAA replacements bulbs... by far the best bulbs ive bought so far, soo much nicer than the silver stars... as for the shaking... it turned out i had a 2 inch nail in my front left tire on the sidewall where it meets the tread... so it was getting to be that time to get new tires anyway, so i got 4 new Goodyear assurance tripple tread tires... no more vibrations, i also put in brake vents (check out the performance discussions sticky on it...) so my problem is fixed
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver6gen
just got some PIAA replacements bulbs... by far the best bulbs ive bought so far, soo much nicer than the silver stars... as for the shaking... it turned out i had a 2 inch nail in my front left tire on the sidewall where it meets the tread... so it was getting to be that time to get new tires anyway, so i got 4 new Goodyear assurance tripple tread tires... no more vibrations, i also put in brake vents (check out the performance discussions sticky on it...) so my problem is fixed

I'd stick with SilverStars, I had them on my old Accord for about good 2 years now, I see the accord everyday, but I don't have it in my posession, and they are still working great.

but i guess it really depends on how good of a seal you have on your headlight assembly..

bit of moisture + helogen bulb = blow out

I don't know, for the money, Silverstars are best IMO, but everyone has their different perference and likes.

and for the rotors, how about some Brembo blanks OEM replacements?
They sure are cheaper then stock ones, and made out of higher-quality metal, giving you more bite out of the push and longer pad life if used under same condition.

anyways, good to hear you got this problem solved.

now, save up for K24a/k20a swap
mad-ass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2006, 08:11 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Cov6Rider
Im using Silverstars right now as well, prolly the best bulb ive had in a while going 3 months strong w/ no blow outs yet.....watch now that i say that one will blow out
Cov6Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #8
Suppa Clean 6th Gen

i sealed my headlights perfectly my sister even took my car through one of those no touch high pressure washers but no water went in, silverstars are nice but my PIAA's are nicer... haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in