New toy coming soon - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > COLORADO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #1
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
New toy coming soon

California is sending this to me in a few days... 07 GT.

smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #2

damn dude.
are you keeping the accord?
NokBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #3
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
eh shouldve went with the g35 but nice choice anyway
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 5th, 2007, 04:08 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_C Send a message via AIM to Steve_C
Congrats Jeff!
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:51 AM   #5
The Anti-Virus

Thanks.

I've never really decided whether I liked the G or the Z better. Certain things about both I like and a few about both I don't. The Z has everything I wanted in it and is probably 10K less, so I'll be spending that extra here instead:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

Old June 8th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #6
The Anti-Virus

I'm having this popped on as soon as it arrives... this is going to be a loooooooong couple weeks.

"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

Old June 8th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to OKCV6'R
NO CAI?! Or will you be Procharging it soon after you get it?

either way, i cant wait to see it all together! congrats
OKCV6'R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #8
Old Member

damn Jeff did u win the lottery or something lol? wanna loan me some loot too while youre at it ha ha
Old June 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #9
central Cali accords

Send a message via AIM to mista jc
Same color as the navy blue? YOU LUCKY......... BASTARD!

Very nice, personally the G35 is alright.. but interior doesn't do it for and it's like an old man's car also. You made the right choice.
mista jc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #10

Yo I love the car I almost got a 03 but your's is fly
Drae Ley Jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #11
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCV6'R
NO CAI?! Or will you be Procharging it soon after you get it?

either way, i cant wait to see it all together! congrats
I will be doing the procharger pretty soon afterwards. Need to break in the motor first, but I plan on ordering the **** relatively soon after I get the car in my hands.
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #12
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du3ce
damn Jeff did u win the lottery or something lol? wanna loan me some loot too while youre at it ha ha
Almost. I got laid off in February. 4.5 months of severance and vacation. Found a new job with a sweet raise which I started after 2 months, so I'll be double paid for 2.5 months. I just quit that job last Monday and accepted another new job where they gave me a f'n huge bump in salary and a wicked stock grant. I start at that place July 2nd.

So I figured I'm tired of messing with the HIDs, which have been a PITA for several months now. Time to buy myself a present.

I also just ordered all the stuff to do lockers/LSD and 4.56 gears for the Jeep. Trying to get some projects done.

If anyone needs some used 7th gen coupe stuff, I'm going to have a bunch of stuff... I've been stockifying since yesterday.
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #13
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista jc
Same color as the navy blue? YOU LUCKY......... BASTARD!

Very nice, personally the G35 is alright.. but interior doesn't do it for and it's like an old man's car also. You made the right choice.
Yup, the color of the picture I posted. San Marino Blue. I've never even seen it before, it's pretty rare. I think there are only 4 of them for sale in the entire country right now. Daytona blue is the lighter more common color.
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #14
Super Villain

Send a message via AIM to 7thGenVillain
What are you parting out Jeff? I could use a few things.
7thGenVillain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #15
The Anti-Virus

Hmmm... let me see if I can whip out a quick list.

1. Blue LED interior light set
2. Greddy EVO2 dual stainless exhaust
3. GroundControl adjustable coils
4. Acura CL Type S rear sway bar, made a big difference in handling
5. Konig Absolut's 18's in gunmetal with Nitto 555 Extreme ZRs
6. HID retro headlight assemblies. 2, one made by me one made by Larry (aka Littodevil) Not perfect may need new ballasts, but not sure.
7. AEM v2, not pretty but works just fine. Has AEM dryflow air filter, non-oiled and still washable
8. Several PIAA bulbs
9. McCulloch (GourmetGarage) HID kit with one dead ballast (9006 kit)

That's all I can think of right now... feel free to ask. My SPC rear camber kit get thrown away since the boots were toast and I bent the threads coercing them out with a hammer.

Last edited by smithz; June 10th, 2007 at 10:04 AM..
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #16
M

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
Hmmm... let me see if I can whip out a quick list.

1. Blue LED interior light set
2. Greddy EVO2 dual stainless exhaust
3. GroundControl adjustable coils
4. Acura CL Type S rear sway bar, made a big difference in handling
5. Konig Absolut's 18's with Nitto 555 Extreme ZRs
6. HID retro headlight assemblies. 2, one made by me one made by Larry (aka Littodevil) Not perfect may need new ballasts, but not sure.
7. AEM v2, not pretty but works just fine. Has AEM dryflow air filter, non-oiled and still washable
8. Several PIAA bulbs
9. McCulloch (GourmetGarage) HID kit with one dead ballast (9006 kit)

That's all I can think of right now... feel free to ask. My SPC rear camber kit get thrown away since the boots were toast and I bent the threads coercing them out with a hammer.
oooh ooh how much for the evo2? and how much for a HID retro? and the AEM v2?
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #17
The Anti-Virus

Well I haven't thought through the prices completely yet since I just finished removal of all this stuff yesterday. I'll put pictures up after I clean everything up. When I say + shipping, that means just shipping cost. + shipping and packing means shipping and the cost of packaging it so it's not destroyed by UPS, probably using that expanding foam stuff.

The EVO2 is in near perfect condition, I'm planning on polishing it up today but it's never touched the ground and shouldn't have any scratches. I was hoping someone local would buy it since I have no idea how I'm going to ship it so it doesn't get f'd up, and shipping is going to be expensive sending it in 4 separate boxes. I was thinking $600 + shipping and packing unless I find a scratch on it which I don't think I will.

I have two HID retros, neither are perfect drop ins but would be a good place to get one started for less than a new setup. These are easily shipped because I still have the original packing boxes.

The HID retro Larry did would be a complete setup including S2000 projectors, blue LEDs in the high beam reflector, Hella gen 3 ballasts, and Phillips 5K D2S bulbs. But there's a catch. They would probably need a visit to Larry to correct the rotational adjustment issue and I believe the ballasts are not working correctly. Originally this setup was around $1500ish, but since there are known issues I would charge way less than that. Not sure how much Larry would charge to fix them up, and not sure how much Hella gen 3 ballasts are nowadays either. $400 + shipping, which I think is fair since you may have to spend a few hundred more getting them up and running.

The HID retro I did has Valeo projectors and blue LEDs in the high beam reflectors. There is no rotational adjustment, but they are pretty close. If I remember correctly the passenger side is a bit off. The issue with these asemeblies is the clear lenses really need to be replaced. Which you could do yourself or have Larry do it for you. This one you would still need to get bulbs and ballasts for. $200 + shipping.

And I have a McCulloch (GourmetGarage) 9006 HID kit, that needs a ballast. These worked pretty damn well in the OEM headlights until one of the ballasts died on me. But one ballast is fine and the bulbs worked when I removed them. I imagine you could still get a McCulloch ballast somewhere. $20 + shipping.

The AEM v2 again isn't pretty anymore, but it works like a champ. I very recently (about 2 months ago) put a brand new AEM DryFlow filter on it, so no more worrying about oiling it, just clean it periodically. I still have the original installation instructions that came with it too. $60 + shipping and packing. The DryFlow was around $40 plus a few bucks for the v2.

Old June 10th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #18
Old Member

hey jeff u willing to sell me the 5000k bulbs?
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #19
The Anti-Virus

Actually I'm really wanting to leave the assembly complete, otherwise it will be harder to sell it as just a shell.
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #20
Super Villain

what about your HFP kit? I was looking to grab the rear lip from you.
Old June 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #21
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Send a message via AIM to implayaz9 Send a message via Yahoo to implayaz9
i would take a z over g35 anyday...!! good choice...
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #22
M

send me pics of the aem v2.
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #23
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGenVillain
what about your HFP kit? I was looking to grab the rear lip from you.
I'm going to leave the lip kit on it. Taking that off leaves holes and I don't want to give the dealership any reasons to try and renegotiate my trade in price.

What you should buy is the exhaust, it's an awesome exhaust. If you want to come by and check it out, let me know.
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #24
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by implayaz9
i would take a z over g35 anyday...!! good choice...
Thanks! I think so too.
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #25
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189
send me pics of the aem v2.
My project today was cleaning everything up and taking pics. So I'll have pics of the v2 soon. Do you want me to pm them to you or email them? Let me know.
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #26
M

it doesn't matter. pm me or email me. my email is [email protected]
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #27
ExSlammed Club Member #52

Send a message via AIM to a99blackaccord Send a message via Yahoo to a99blackaccord
What types of PIAA bulbs do you have?
a99blackaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #28
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
I'm going to leave the lip kit on it. Taking that off leaves holes and I don't want to give the dealership any reasons to try and renegotiate my trade in price.

What you should buy is the exhaust, it's an awesome exhaust. If you want to come by and check it out, let me know.
I'm really aiming for the Apexi WS2 exhaust and not the Greddy EVO2. Everyone has that one. If you offer a me a good price, who knows I might pick it up.
Old June 10th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #29
Old Member

Jeff maybe u should post a for sale thread before this thread gets too off topic.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #30
The Anti-Virus

I know... I was waiting until I got the pictures which should be later today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in