Lancer Evolution Stock + ECU Tuned Dynos - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2003, 11:38 AM   #1

Lancer Evolution Stock + ECU Tuned Dynos

Here are my dyno runs, stock and tuned. I have no other parts on my car, just the tuning. It's a nice nad conservative tune too- the car actually dynoed higher on another run (in the 260's), but the final tune was nice and rich so it lost a little power. I wonder how much money I would have had to put into my AV6 to get this kind of power. The tuning cost me $400. Baseline was 234 whp, tuned 254. It's around 15 whp increase across the board with 40 up top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rebelzxsdynoruns.jpg (65.4 KB, 123 views)
rebelzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2003, 12:27 PM   #2

Re: Lancer Evolution Stock + ECU Tuned Dynos

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelzx
Here are my dyno runs, stock and tuned. I have no other parts on my car, just the tuning. It's a nice nad conservative tune too- the car actually dynoed higher on another run (in the 260's), but the final tune was nice and rich so it lost a little power. I wonder how much money I would have had to put into my AV6 to get this kind of power. The tuning cost me $400. Baseline was 234 whp, tuned 254. It's around 15 whp increase across the board with 40 up top.
good numbers, this was done on an all wheel dyno right, not a single drum and disconnect the drive shaft? I love the EVO.
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2003, 02:40 PM   #3

Re: Re: Lancer Evolution Stock + ECU Tuned Dynos

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikerey on November 2nd, 2003 at 02:27 PM

good numbers, this was done on an all wheel dyno right, not a single drum and disconnect the drive shaft? I love the EVO.
Yes. I can't wait to get to the track now! I'm waiting till the meet on the 14th to run my car for the first time. If I can drive worth a damn, I should be able to hit a high 12/low low 13.

Old November 2nd, 2003, 03:32 PM   #4

They were having some problems with their dyno, so the rpm and torque values aren't displayed. Hey, I'm not complaining- at 5 dyno runs and tuning for $400, its still a damn good deal.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 03:47 PM   #5

Nice numbers

Though a torque curve is also a good indication of power. You should do one dyno run of it tuned with a dyno that is working correctly . That and I want to at the torque curve on your car .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2003, 07:10 PM   #6

Dyno runs cost too much on AWD dynos, so I doubt I'll be doing another one anytime soon. I need to get to Englishtown ASAP! Someone just ran a 12.4 that got their car tuned the day I did with 268 whp... With 14 less whp, I should be able to crack a 12.9 atleast...

Old November 2nd, 2003, 07:13 PM   #7

Edit: The guy actually had 267 whp, only an intake and ecu flash! If I don't pull atleast a 12.8 I'll be pissed!
Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:21 AM   #8
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Did you use any equipment to tune like an SAFC?
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom878 on November 3rd, 2003 at 03:21 AM

Did you use any equipment to tune like an SAFC?
I didn't add any hard parts to the car- the only modification to my car is the DynoFlash. My car was custom tuned on a dyno using a tool that reflashes the stock ECU.
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #10

How much was it for the tuning? Milford isn't that far from me (40 min.) and I'm interested in taking my car there...what other work do they do there?
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #11

They're a DSM shop. Pruven Performance. They have an AWD dyno, and could probly tune your car using an AFC. The tuning I got done was using a special reflash tool that only works on Evo ECU's, so you couldn't get the same exact thing I had done. Their website might have more info, www.pruvenperformance.com .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in