Link to the Feeler Thread on AZINE for The JnR ECU - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #1
✔ Verified Member
 
otsb708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 5,836
Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
Link to the Feeler Thread on AZINE for The JnR ECU

Thought you ECU dudes would like to know:

FEELER THREAD: Group Buy for JnR ECU-updated with Dyno's/Gains (Updated 12/23/11) - AcuraZine Community
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Nor Cal Coordinator
 
03TL_TypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back in Matt's backyard/ Los Angeles, Mexifornia
Posts: 2,759
Thanks!
03TL_TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #3
✔ Verified Member
 
otsb708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 5,836
Send a message via Yahoo to otsb708 Send a message via Skype™ to otsb708
You're quite welcome, Sir!
otsb708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old December 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
i wouldn't spend my money on that until there is good feedback from reputable dyno tuners that have tuned it. There's so many other true full standalone options out there that just needs to be hard wired up.. To me anything that needs to have the factory ECU still intact is a piggy back, no matter what the argument is. Motec, Haltech, and a few other reputable companies have ECU's that can control drive by wire, work with factory sensors, etc. It's just a matter of understanding a wiring diagram, and wiring it up.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Registered User
 
thisaznboi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 8,737
^ how about the luxury items like VSA, cruise control, abs, and etc..
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
i wouldn't spend my money on that until there is good feedback from reputable dyno tuners that have tuned it. There's so many other true full standalone options out there that just needs to be hard wired up.. To me anything that needs to have the factory ECU still intact is a piggy back, no matter what the argument is. Motec, Haltech, and a few other reputable companies have ECU's that can control drive by wire, work with factory sensors, etc. It's just a matter of understanding a wiring diagram, and wiring it up.
Well, that's because things like this are second nature to you. Your level of skill in the wiring department is obviously exceptional, whereas others such as myself wouldn't even bother to look at one. I see your point on why you think this is considered a "piggyback" because the stock ECU remains in place. However, this ECU has FULL CONTROL over the engine. The stock ECU has no control whatsoever on the performance aspect of the car once the JnR is plugged in. The luxury functions are maintained via the stock ECU, and all engine parameters are controlled through the JnR. It includes but is not limited to: knock control, fuel cutoff, timing advance, 2 step, etc. And can you really argue with 20hp/tq throughout the entire rev range?

We as J series owners have been waiting for this for too long. Is it expensive? Of course it is. I was talking to a guy I know over on CRSX and was talking to him about it. He told me he paid nearly the same price for his KPro, plus a tune after that. Things like this aren't cheap. The 20hp/tq speaks for itself. This really is what you could consider "J Pro." The gains rival that of Hondata's KPro, and in some instances, are even greater. This brings the J series to a whole new level of performance. There are literally gains of 20hp/tq from 3k to redline.

Are there other companies that can mock up one from scratch and send you the wiring? Sure. But this is an ECU for the masses who wouldn't know the first thing about wiring this up. The community had a need and he fulfilled it.
__________________
7.5G J30 6spd -- 13.28 @107.56
Full Bolt ons/Street Tune/3.94 Final Drive
Instagram = j30_allmotor
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #7
SFL AV6
 
jiga21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Well, that's because things like this are second nature to you. Your level of skill in the wiring department is obviously exceptional, whereas others such as myself wouldn't even bother to look at one. I see your point on why you think this is considered a "piggyback" because the stock ECU remains in place. However, this ECU has FULL CONTROL over the engine. The stock ECU has no control whatsoever on the performance aspect of the car once the JnR is plugged in. The luxury functions are maintained via the stock ECU, and all engine parameters are controlled through the JnR. It includes but is not limited to: knock control, fuel cutoff, timing advance, 2 step, etc. And can you really argue with 20hp/tq throughout the entire rev range?

We as J series owners have been waiting for this for too long. Is it expensive? Of course it is. I was talking to a guy I know over on CRSX and was talking to him about it. He told me he paid nearly the same price for his KPro, plus a tune after that. Things like this aren't cheap. The 20hp/tq speaks for itself. This really is what you could consider "J Pro." The gains rival that of Hondata's KPro, and in some instances, are even greater. This brings the J series to a whole new level of performance. There are literally gains of 20hp/tq from 3k to redline.

Are there other companies that can mock up one from scratch and send you the wiring? Sure. But this is an ECU for the masses who wouldn't know the first thing about wiring this up. The community had a need and he fulfilled it.
Extremely well said, bravo sonnick
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jiga21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
^ how about the luxury items like VSA, cruise control, abs, and etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Well, that's because things like this are second nature to you. Your level of skill in the wiring department is obviously exceptional, whereas others such as myself wouldn't even bother to look at one. I see your point on why you think this is considered a "piggyback" because the stock ECU remains in place. However, this ECU has FULL CONTROL over the engine. The stock ECU has no control whatsoever on the performance aspect of the car once the JnR is plugged in. The luxury functions are maintained via the stock ECU, and all engine parameters are controlled through the JnR. It includes but is not limited to: knock control, fuel cutoff, timing advance, 2 step, etc. And can you really argue with 20hp/tq throughout the entire rev range?

We as J series owners have been waiting for this for too long. Is it expensive? Of course it is. I was talking to a guy I know over on CRSX and was talking to him about it. He told me he paid nearly the same price for his KPro, plus a tune after that. Things like this aren't cheap. The 20hp/tq speaks for itself. This really is what you could consider "J Pro." The gains rival that of Hondata's KPro, and in some instances, are even greater. This brings the J series to a whole new level of performance. There are literally gains of 20hp/tq from 3k to redline.

Are there other companies that can mock up one from scratch and send you the wiring? Sure. But this is an ECU for the masses who wouldn't know the first thing about wiring this up. The community had a need and he fulfilled it.
Like I said, I'm not doubting their product. I'm just stating that I won't be putting my money there until a reputable professional tuner gets their hands on it and gives it a thumbs up. If JNR is confident about their product have them send me one. I'll tune my car on it, and if all the parameters work, and the product is deemed good, I will buy it, with a full blown review/evaluation of the product. If it sucks I'll send it right back and pay for the shipping both ways. If they are willing to let someone outside of their team make the judgement, I'll pay full price for the product if its good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiga21 View Post
Extremely well said, bravo sonnick
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Sonnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiga21 View Post
Extremely well said, bravo sonnick
Thank you kind sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
Like I said, I'm not doubting their product. I'm just stating that I won't be putting my money there until a reputable professional tuner gets their hands on it and gives it a thumbs up. If JNR is confident about their product have them send me one. I'll tune my car on it, and if all the parameters work, and the product is deemed good, I will buy it, with a full blown review/evaluation of the product. If it sucks I'll send it right back and pay for the shipping both ways. If they are willing to let someone outside of their team make the judgement, I'll pay full price for the product if its good.
I'd imagine you would have to put some payment down though, being that it is only Rodney who works on the ECU. He's basically a 1 man band, plus his tuner as far as I know. If you would like, I will relay the message. I'd love to see how your car responds.
__________________
7.5G J30 6spd -- 13.28 @107.56
Full Bolt ons/Street Tune/3.94 Final Drive
Instagram = j30_allmotor
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On