Interested in a PT turbo dyno? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:13 PM   #1

Interested in a PT turbo dyno?

Here it is anyway....
(my wifes, we got it done today...completely stock!)
r.j-lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #2
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >

Send a message via AIM to iLLeGaLaKKoRD
wow.. wats the crank hp/tq rated at?
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #3
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Good lord! I hope that 290 torque peak is a dyno anomoly There's no way that it makes THAT much torque.
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 11th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #4

Its rated at 225hp/245tq!

I couldnt believe it either, but I dont see anything screwy. As soon as she shifted into 3rd (autostick) the dyno started and then let the turbo loose. That explains the big jump right away, but its still crazy!!

EDIT:Oh yeah, this is the high output version of the turbo. There are 2 versions of the GT Turbo.
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #5

Damn

Quote:
Originally posted by r.j-lo on February 12th, 2004 at 12:44 AM

EDIT:Oh yeah, this is the high output version of the turbo. There are 2 versions of the GT Turbo.
Chrysler only lists one engine for the GT trim model and thatís the HO turbo inline 4. The only other turbo engine listed is the 180 HP one for the LIMITED PLATINUM trim model.

Not saying your wrong or anything but I want to make sure I know all the facts. I am guessing there site is wrong though, it has been before .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2004, 07:26 AM   #6
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

look at aaaaallll that torque

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2004, 07:27 AM   #7
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Dude, Daimler Chrysler is pissin me off. They're freaking killing us with underating these motors.

The true way to know how much power this PT puts out is to take it to the track.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
Dude, Daimler Chrysler is pissin me off. They're freaking killing us with underating these motors.

The true way to know how much power this PT puts out is to take it to the track.
At this altitude (5380ft) it ran a 15.7 first time with a first time track driver (wife). Convert that to SL at is about a 14.6. I will double check that though....

Plum, the Chrysler site does show two versions..here:
http://www.chrysler.com/pt_cruiser/f...ndex&type=left

EDIT: I reread yoru post Plum and I see how you got that. What the site says is true, but kinda misleading if you dont know. There is a base model, GT, and GT h.o. A limited and touring version are just trim outs of either the base or the turbo. Its not an engine spec, but more of a leather seats/sunroof/thing. The site is just saying the turbo is availiable in both trim levels.

Last edited by r.j-lo; February 12th, 2004 at 08:25 PM..
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #9

Ok, just found this out from the actual dyno owner (we post together on a local site). Those torque numbers were skewed because it was in fact a tranny spike. he said actually, it did come in about 230 just like the first run. However, the hp numbers are accurate.

sorry for the excitement.......
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #10
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Those numbers are still extremely impressive 195WHP and 230WTQ is about 250CHP and get this...295CTQ
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #11

yeah i've seen a PT run a 14.6 1/4 in person
AF_BRYAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #12

crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in