Supercharger Dyno'd - 2003 Acura CLS 6speed - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2004, 05:55 PM   #1

Supercharger Dyno'd - 2003 Acura CLS 6speed

Wednesday, Feb. 18th, I got my 2003 CLS 6speed back from Acura of Pleasanton with the CompTech S/C installed. On Friday of same week, I made a trip to CompTech to have them inspect the installation of the S/C and do a dyno.

Here's what's installed:
  • CT Intake and S/C (Boost: 3.6 PSI Max)
  • CT Headers
  • CT B-pipe
  • CT Axle-back exhaust
  • CT Quiet Tips (they were removed after the first two dyno runs and will remain that way unless the exhaust noise starts bugging me)

Results:[list=1][*]Feb. 20th dyno with the S/C installed and without quiet tips: 305 WHP, 262 FT-LBS TQ[*]Feb. 20th dyno with the S/C installed and with quiet tips: 296 WHP, 256 FT-LBS TQ[*]Original dyno back in October 2003 without the S/C but with I/H/BP/E: 236 WHP, 201 FT-LBS TQ[/list=1]

I haven't had much road time yet in the car with the S/C installed, so I don't have much to report on yet except to say... I can't believe how much torque and power is available at just about any RPM. It's now a whole different driving experience.

Acura of Pleasanton has done all my mods up to this point and so far they have done excellent work.

Pics and videos of dyno runs at CompTech

Last edited by acls6sp03; February 28th, 2004 at 06:11 AM..
acls6sp03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #2

Nice #s, you have got to take it to the track and see what kind of 1/4 mile times you can put down. Good luck on traction. I love the way the s/c makes power all the way to the rev limiter. It makes you wonder what kind of #s you could put down with another 500 rpms!!!
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #3

Thats hot stuff, dude. I too am very curious to see what type of times u'd run at track. Awesome ish!!!
zooyork168 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #4

I dont think a high 12 is out of the ?, IF he can find any traction in the 1st 60'!!!
Old February 27th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #5
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
I'm jealous, very nice!
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #6
jinsoku.com

Send a message via AIM to vTecaznracer
damn...you gotta beast!
vTecaznracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #7

..sti/evo hunting....possibly m3
2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:40 PM   #8
Bri
Car Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Bri Send a message via AIM to Bri
Nice mods dude!!! I mean the power you put down to the ground is just awesome!!! Keep it up and keep it clean! Anyway, just a question, Acura still honor your warranty since you have them install your aftermarket parts? Do you mind if I ask you how much these things run you when you buy them at the dealer? Also, how much do they charge you for installation? It would just be great having a FI car, put down great HP/TQ numbers, push the car real hard, and still have warranty... Lol! Congratulations man!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2004, 10:11 PM   #9
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
So are you top 5 on dynoes for the CL's? Now you need Emanage!!!

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2004, 02:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Lumpy
I dont think a high 12 is out of the ?, IF he can find any traction in the 1st 60'!!!
Traction is an issue for sure... but I'm not much into drag strip racing... more of a roadracer... but then again... if I'm at a light and somebody pulls up next to me...
Old February 28th, 2004, 02:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by 2spEeDautO
..sti/evo hunting....possibly m3
maybe even a z06...
Old February 28th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Bri
Nice mods dude!!! I mean the power you put down to the ground is just awesome!!! Keep it up and keep it clean! Anyway, just a question, Acura still honor your warranty since you have them install your aftermarket parts? Do you mind if I ask you how much these things run you when you buy them at the dealer? Also, how much do they charge you for installation? It would just be great having a FI car, put down great HP/TQ numbers, push the car real hard, and still have warranty... Lol! Congratulations man!!!
The service department said if there is an engine failure related to crank shaft, connecting rods or pistons and there is evidence of excessive wear, then there may be a problem with the warranty. Otherwise, everything should be covered. I was basically told not to worry too. They said I would only have to worry if there was strong evidence that the car was abused - meaning that if an ECU dump show redline at 150 MPH or shifting into the wrong gear at high speed.

As for prices, the parts dept. sold me most of the stuff at cost. In some cases, the installed price with tax was less than what was listed on CompTech's website.

Before the S/C, the car was lots of fun to drive. But now; it's a whole new driving experience. What's really amasing, is how much power is available at just about any RPM and in any gear. Taken into account losses to the wheels, I'm guessing that the crank HP must be around 370.

Last edited by acls6sp03; February 28th, 2004 at 06:12 AM..
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:00 AM   #13

You outta take it to the track just once for curiosity and so we wont keep bugging you about it!!!
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Lumpy
You outta take it to the track just once for curiosity and so we wont keep bugging you about it!!!
Where's the nearest sactioned track to the Bay Area?
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #15
6th and BEST Generation

Send a message via AIM to tool462
Damn , I wish I would of started with a CL Type S

tool462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #16
AV6 OG

Send a message via AIM to HIREN
Nice, but 3.6psi? are you serious?
Up it to atleast 7, I'm pretty sure Comptech makes the high boost pulley for your ride, cause some av6ers are using it!

Then you'll be ready for the competition!

2004 STi
[email protected]
2010 335d
[email protected]
HIREN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by HIREN
Nice, but 3.6psi? are you serious?
Up it to atleast 7, I'm pretty sure Comptech makes the high boost pulley for your ride, cause some av6ers are using it!

Then you'll be ready for the competition!
Na, I'd rather keep it as it is for the sake of engine longevity and reliability. I've got plenty of HP for my needs. I'm more of a road racer, not a drag stripper. Although, I do enjoy an occasional quick express way straight line race.
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:33 AM   #18

Your CL is very powerful .

Your car is a big sleeper too . Take it to the track and see what it can do .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #19
AV6 OG

Send a message via AIM to HIREN
Quote:
Originally posted by acls6sp03 on March 12th, 2004 at 01:48 AM

Na, I'd rather keep it as it is for the sake of engine longevity and reliability. I've got plenty of HP for my needs. I'm more of a road racer, not a drag stripper. Although, I do enjoy an occasional quick express way straight line race.
I guess to each their own, still not bad at all for the small amount of boost its pushing, I'm guessing it can take a few more pounds reliably if tuned correctly.

Get us some timeslips and vids of it on the road!

2004 STi
[email protected]
2010 335d
[email protected]
HIREN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #20

nice num, put some D.R. and youll get in the 12s
maxxvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in