dynoed my tl-s - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:55 AM   #1

dynoed my tl-s

all i have is an AEM CAI.

the first run was done in 4th gear, the other two in 3rd gear. i have a 4th run that yielded a 216whp but i dont have the paper so i couldnt scan it.

for full size pics go here: http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...id=385&aid=615
str8acura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2004, 12:48 PM   #2
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
I'm not sure which gear is the gear you're supposed to dyno in. Dayam, 215 to the wheels. I gotta go dyno. When did you go? Do you got a hookup?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:55 PM   #3

on the TL your supposed to dyno in 3rd for best results.

i went to Lujan Motorsports... $40 for 3 runs.

Old March 1st, 2004, 02:01 PM   #4

They only charged $40? That's like a groupbuy price.
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:35 PM   #5

it was a dyno day from www.importspeedsouth.com
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:32 PM   #6
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

SAE correction

Nice numbers though.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC
SAE correction

Nice numbers though.
Steve, a.k.a. dyno God...

Why is it that the second picture (dynorun.004) does not have the HP and TQ lines crossing where they should? The one below it looks perfect, but this ones looks wrong....
Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:52 PM   #8

You could definately gain some power if you can keep your a/f from going so rich when v-tech kicks in. You need to keep away from being below the 11 line. Try to keep it as close as 12 as possible, exen a little above the 12 line isnt going to hurt.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Ei-ccord
Steve, a.k.a. dyno God...

Why is it that the second picture (dynorun.004) does not have the HP and TQ lines crossing where they should? The one below it looks perfect, but this ones looks wrong....
Because the scales are different.

HP/TQ are mathematically equal at 5252 rpm, but they'll only cross at 5252 rpm on the dyno chart if you're using the same scales for hp and tq. That one was not. But if you look closely at the torque curve and torque scale (right) you see about 185 tq. Then if you look at the horsepower curve and scale (left) you also see 185. So the dyno isn't "screwed up". The scales just aren't equalized.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:32 AM   #10

i dont know how to sae correct it i cant tune it either, no VAFC. i wont get one for a while either. not until i have my headers, pulleys, and mugen thermostat.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:34 AM   #11

steve, is it possible for you to sae correct it? i have no clue where to begin.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:56 AM   #12

Only the guy at the shop can do it on the computer. He has to convert it given the factors. I'm sure Pablo (SRT-4 from ISS) can do it. Or does he work at Dynamic?
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:55 AM   #13

Pablo was the one that did it. i'll have to get in touch with him once ISS goes back up.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM   #14

Yeah they're supposed to SAE correct it at the shop, but unless you specifically ask them to, who knows what they'll do. Bring a floppy disk and see if you can an ecopy of the runs. Dynojet's runviewer software is awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in