Dyno Tuned my car (Dyno Sheet inside) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:25 AM   #1
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Dyno Tuned my car (Dyno Sheet inside)

Well I finally got around to tuning my V-AFC today. It was dynoed on a DynoDynamics 450 Twin Retarder Single Axle Dynamometer. From what I've heard and read on the net, the numbers from significantly lower than DynoJet numbers (around 13%-20% lower, from what I've read). I peaked @ 167.2 but I gained alot between 3000-4000 RPM. I think if I dynoed on a DynoJet, I would be close to 200whp. I want to get rid of that dip between 4200-4600 RPM. We tried leaning it out more but it didn't do much. Maybe I can tweak it myself, but I don't really want to b/c I can't test it.

Conditions:
V-TEC crossover: 4000RPM. We set it @ 4200RPM and we lost power
Temperature: First 1/2 hour to 45min the temperature was 25.6C ( 78.1F ) and by 1 hour till the end it was 29.5 C ( 84.2F )
# of runs 42 (half of them were bad runs b/c the tuner wasn't used to the auto tranny). I think that might be causing a lower output b/c we were doing pulls non-stop for @ least 1.5 hours so the engine was really hot.

Here's the dyno sheet:

Here's the baseline A/F rato:

Here's the tuned A/F ratio:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old J30 Dyno result: 262.4whp & 244 wtq
New J30 Dyno result: 277.6whp & 254 wtq
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2004, 02:29 AM   #2
vroom vroom

BlackV62K2 what time did you dyno at? Did you dyno with the traction control off?
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #3
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
I had a few runs that pulled 169whp and 170whp (peak), but I gained nowhere as much low-mid as the final one. So I decided to stay with this one, since it's in my driving power band.

A few more things:
A 5th gen Prelude dynoed 161whp. He had full bolt-ons + cam gears and camshafts and V-AFC. 161whp was after tuning his cam gears and V-AFC.

Stock SRT-4 dynoed @ 201whp.

So I think the numbers this dyno is outputting is very low compared to DynoJet.

Old July 5th, 2004, 02:34 AM   #4
vroom vroom

Everybody that dynoed before me where complaining about the low numbers as well but the tuner claims he adjusted the settings to match dynojets numbers.
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:35 AM   #5
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Quote:
Originally posted by ctsport
BlackV62K2 what time did you dyno at? Did you dyno with the traction control off?
I was there around 1:45pm. But I didnt get on until 4pm. Some Prelude was taking forever tuning his cam gears and V-AFC. Then an SRT-4 went. Yeah, I had to turn off my traction control b/c it was slipping. I heard you were having problems with your car.....something about ur car not wanting to go b/c your rear tires aren't moving. That's what the they said . That sucks man. It was fun though. Although I was really late for work LOL, like 3 hours. I was scheduled to go on the dyno @ 2pm.
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:37 AM   #6
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

There's no way it's the adjusted to DynoJet settings. I've seen a few members with the same amount of mods as me or maybe even less pull around 185whp on a DynoJet. I'm pretty sure I'll pull a higher number on a DynoJet. Plus alot of 4th and 5th gen Prelude guys were getting 140-150whp range. I think they had the basic bolt-ons.

Last edited by BlackV62K2; July 5th, 2004 at 02:48 AM..
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #7
vroom vroom

Yea I couldn't run any dynos I wish I tried turning off the TC.

I should have stayed a bit longer, I think we left around 1pm. The guy tuning the cams was a red 5th gen right? He went right after me.
Old July 5th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to driven
so did you really feel the gains with the cls cams? Im still trying to assess if this mod is worth the cash for me -Jai
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #9
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Quote:
Originally posted by driven
so did you really feel the gains with the cls cams? Im still trying to assess if this mod is worth the cash for me -Jai
I think the CL-S cams has a big play in why I gained so much from 3000-4000 RPM. So I think it's worth it if you TUNE it. I had my CL-S cams for a long time and before I really didn't notice the difference.

Anyone know the real % difference from a DynoDynamics and DynoJet? The ones that I found varies from different people.

Also, any techies know how I can get rid of that power dip?
Old July 5th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackV62K2 on July 5th, 2004 at 03:32 PM

I had my CL-S cams for a long time and before I really didn't notice the difference.
Well you have to remember, the J30A1's stock engine setting were never tuned to run CL-S cams.

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackV62K2 on July 5th, 2004 at 03:32 PM

Also, any techies know how I can get rid of that power dip?
Maybe advancing the timing would help (a Unichip type mod) .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #11
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Quote:
Originally posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Maybe advancing the timing would help (a Unichip type mod) .
Hmmm, I was thinking about leaning it out a little more. Think that'll bump it back up?
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2
Hmmm, I was thinking about leaning it out a little more. Think that'll bump it back up?
Probably not, especially if you already leaned it out a bit. I think a Unichip type of mod would fix it.

Old August 27th, 2004, 03:17 AM   #13

Did you ever fix the rpm dip?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in