Dyno of stock 300C Hemi....WOW - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #1

Dyno of stock 300C Hemi....WOW

Let me say that I found this on my nightly car forum browsing. I in no way validate it or say its the gospel, but it seems pretty accurate. Wow, they appear to be a little underrated or either very efficient for a RWD automatic.

http://www.300cforums.com/showthread...5&page=1&pp=10

Hmmm, four doors, plenty of luxury, alot of power....hmmmmmmm..........

October 2004 - June 2005
cammyfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammyfive
Let me say that I found this on my nightly car forum browsing. I in no way validate it or say its the gospel, but it seems pretty accurate. Wow, they appear to be a little underrated or either very efficient for a RWD automatic.

http://www.300cforums.com/showthread...5&page=1&pp=10

Hmmm, four doors, plenty of luxury, alot of power....hmmmmmmm..........
Those numbers seem to be correct. 19 percent drivetrain loss through an automatic RWD seems right. That would make it 340 at the Crank. Which is what it is rated. The question is how much does the 300C weigh?
Forrealjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #3

IIRC near 4,XXXlbs
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Back to boost...

Send a message via AIM to nc00max
A smidge over 4000lbs. That's a good amount of power, too bad it's a tank. It'll be interesting to see what mods do for them. Still think they're fugly though.

'00 Grand Prix GTP-my new canvas. [email protected] with FWI in 80* weather, now to start modding...
nc00max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #5
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
i saw this car on Spike's Car & Driver episode. So beast
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #6
V6P wandering idiot

Send a message via AIM to chrisnick Send a message via Skype™ to chrisnick
niiiice. i smell a new competitor to the LS1
chrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrealjohnson
Those numbers seem to be correct. 19 percent drivetrain loss through an automatic RWD seems right. That would make it 340 at the Crank. Which is what it is rated. The question is how much does the 300C weigh?
Actually, for a RWD automatic sedan, the drivetrian lose should be more around 25%. So it might be slightly underrated, which is never a bad thing .

300C HP/TQ ratings:

RWD - 345 HP - 375 TQ
AWD - 340 HP - 390 TQ

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 11:29 PM   #8

Yeah, I think its underrated too. I'm looking forward to the SRT-8.

October 2004 - June 2005
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:00 PM   #9
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

It's tough to say whether it's under-rated or not. If you send a certain amount of power through a drivetrain, you lose a certain percent due to inertial parasitics and other losses. But if you send a TON more power through it like double you're not necessarily going to have "double" the losses either. You may not have any more "losses" than with the less powerful setup. i.e., the percentage decreases. That starts to become true on monstrous engines like these, because overall drivetrain mass and sturdiness doesn't always grow in proportion to engine power.

I've already heard of a few of these things launching trannys.

You're best off just leaving figures in terms of whp/wtq and just forgetting about trying to convert back to crank numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #10
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnick
niiiice. i smell a new competitor to the LS1

LS1? whats that? the LS2 is 400+ at the crank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
I've already heard of a few of these things launching trannys.

you're right. the tranny in the 300 is a 5 speed auto derived from the mercedes 5er. i'm guessing it's not nearly as beefy seeing is how some of their motors are putting out 600+hp and 700+tq (AMG CL 65 twinturbo V12 click link here ) one of my company's salesmen baught a 300 w/ a V6 and had 4 tranny problems b4 he ditched the car.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #11

I think alot of manufacturers are running into the problem of making a cost effective auto thats smooth shifting with all these ever increasing hp/tq numbers. AMG is getting it right, but their trannys are far from cheap.

October 2004 - June 2005
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #12
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
that CL 65 is around $180k, not including huge mark-ups from the dealer due to extreme limited availabilty. i'm not sure how much the AMG tranny differs from the factory 5.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #13
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Who says AMG trannys will even stand up to that kind of power? If you have the money to shell out for an AMG, then what's a few grand for tranny rebuilds every 50-70k miles or so?

Judging by ConsumerReports reliability data, Benzo trannys are not bulletproof, but definitely not as bad as Honda/Acura V6 trannys. Unfortunately they lump the AMG models into the data for the car it's based on though.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #14

When I said 'AMG is getting it right' I mean they are at least able to hande that power and shift confortably initially. I'm not sure about any sort of long term reliability data.

October 2004 - June 2005
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:53 PM   #15

Quote:
It's tough to say whether it's under-rated or not. If you send a certain amount of power through a drivetrain, you lose a certain percent due to inertial parasitics and other losses. But if you send a TON more power through it like double you're not necessarily going to have "double" the losses either. You may not have any more "losses" than with the less powerful setup. i.e., the percentage decreases. That starts to become true on monstrous engines like these, because overall drivetrain mass and sturdiness doesn't always grow in proportion to engine power.
I guess you're right. But I still think a 19% drivetrain loss is a bit low for this car.

Quote:
You're best off just leaving figures in terms of whp/wtq and just forgetting about trying to convert back to crank numbers.
Good idea

Quote:
Who says AMG trannys will even stand up to that kind of power? If you have the money to shell out for an AMG, then what's a few grand for tranny rebuilds every 50-70k miles or so?
If I paid 180 grand for a carlike that, I would never expect to rebuild the tranny on it every 50-70k miles .

Quote:
Judging by ConsumerReports reliability data, Benzo trannys are not bulletproof, but definitely not as bad as Honda/Acura V6 trannys. Unfortunately they lump the AMG models into the data for the car it's based on though.
I'm guessing that's for the older ones. The CL65 AMG in Europe was detuned because MB didn't have a transmission strong enough to take all of that abuse from the AMG TT V12. But MB is now using a stronger version of the 5 speed A/T in the USDM CL65 AMG, which means they didn't have to detune the engine .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #16

That is some impressive power. Those things weigh about 4k and can be had nicely equiped for $35k. However, as far as the long term prognosis of reliability and how the care holds up.........lets just say........its a Chrysler Product.......
Blue Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:01 PM   #17

Hmm, I guess time will tell if the car is durable. It does put down good #'s though, but I was hoping it would be underrated like LS1's were.
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in