dyno'd - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #1

dyno'd

so after a week of ordering parts and getting them installed got the car finally dynoed

pushed 192whp and 177 torque

my mechanic said he got it up to 200 at 3rd but then the tranny started acting funny and that he kept getting the check engine light coming, so he just ran it on 2nd and got 192

mods include:

Greddy dual evo
injen cold air
comptech headers
unorthodox pulley kit
type s camshafts
type s cam gears
type s throttle body
v6p ground kit
vafc2

thinking about upgrading the tranny to a dr evil. for those of you who have the dr evil, how much did you pay for the tranny and the labor?

and also he told me to start using premium since of the camshafts and throttle body, and that if i dont its going to start pinging not sure on this any thoughts?
nvsaccord02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #2
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
those are really good numbers
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #3
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
makes me want the type s tb now..

whats up with those cam gears? are there any improvements. havent really heard much about type s cam gears...

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 11th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #4
Boosted!

yea i was thinking the same thing also havent heard of many people doing cam gears
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
makes me want the type s tb now..

whats up with those cam gears? are there any improvements. havent really heard much about type s cam gears...

i dont really think there were any gains with them, i thought there would be but it doesnt seem like any real big gains prob. wouldnt recommend this mod
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #6
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
ic.. o well, i think i heard my friend saying his friend was making some new cam gears..

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #7

how much would it cost me to get a dr evil tranny with labor?
Old May 14th, 2005, 04:03 PM   #8
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Your mechanic is shady. First of all if the CEL comes in when you go into 3rd then you need to stop dyno tuning. Your transmission might've blown or be heavily damaged and he didn't make a big deal because he doesn't know our trannies suck and doesn't want to have to fix that since it broke when he was using the car.

Second, the car is supposed to be dynoed in 3rd gear, not in 2nd. This gives the most accurate read out so your numbers, although looking nice, are null.

Third, our car does not have a knock sensor so it makes no sense to put in higher than 87 octane gas. The car actually loses power as proved before when you go over 87.

Unfortunately, the Accord is not a typical car to tune. It's a V6 with no torque, full catback kills too much torque, and it hates higher octane gas. Check with us first.

You also didn't tell us what type of dyno machine he used. Dynojet's are the most popular but different dynoes give different readings so let us know so we can compare apples to apples. Also this needs to be in the Dyno section. Thanks.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #9
Guest User 466

also also
unichip is the only one, as far as i have heard, that give more power when 91 octane is used. vafc doesnt
tw02av6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
Your mechanic is shady. First of all if the CEL comes in when you go into 3rd then you need to stop dyno tuning. Your transmission might've blown or be heavily damaged and he didn't make a big deal because he doesn't know our trannies suck and doesn't want to have to fix that since it broke when he was using the car.

Second, the car is supposed to be dynoed in 3rd gear, not in 2nd. This gives the most accurate read out so your numbers, although looking nice, are null.

Third, our car does not have a knock sensor so it makes no sense to put in higher than 87 octane gas. The car actually loses power as proved before when you go over 87.

Unfortunately, the Accord is not a typical car to tune. It's a V6 with no torque, full catback kills too much torque, and it hates higher octane gas. Check with us first.

You also didn't tell us what type of dyno machine he used. Dynojet's are the most popular but different dynoes give different readings so let us know so we can compare apples to apples. Also this needs to be in the Dyno section. Thanks.
well the only reason the cel came on is because when he put cls cam gears on i think the timing belt is off a tooth, so thats why i think it came on at 3rd gear when dynoing, also its a dynojet that he was using, also the car is ticking which after finding out with other members is that cls cams valves arent adjusted, so im going back to him to get all this taken care of and then prob. dyno again which im sure after everything is fixed i might pull some better numbers in 3rd but overall he is pretty good he's done all my modification work and this is the only thing i've had an issue with, and he is more then concerned to take care of the problem, about the octane yah i wasnt to sure about since i know our cars only handle 87,
thanks for all the input guys
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:08 AM   #11
Guest User 466

hey wen u go back
please get a dyno in 3rd also
i would like to know how much ur car is putting down
the 192 was with 2nd gear right?
did u guys do 3rd or nah?? if so then wats the 3rd gear numbers??

also, is it worth getting cl-s cam gears?? cuz i heard from alot of v6p members that cl-s and av6 cam gears are the same
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #12

when he did it in 3rd he got 200whp, and then cel came on and tried it in 2nd as far as the cam gear i didnt notice any diff. so i wouldnt recommend this mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw02av6
hey wen u go back

also, is it worth getting cl-s cam gears?? cuz i heard from alot of v6p members that cl-s and av6 cam gears are the same
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:01 AM   #13
AV6er

Send a message via AIM to -=SoCalV6=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw02av6
hey wen u go back

CL-S cam gears are good for one thing, saying you have cl-s cam gears. They're not going to change a single thing. Aftermarket cam gears are used because they have timing marks engraved/etched into them to read what you're doing in regards to advancing/retarding, as well as adjustable mounting points to the camshaft to advance/retard valve timing.

CL-S cam gears do not feature this.
-=SoCalV6=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #14

I'm confused now. The tranny started acting weird or the cams weren't set right? The timing belt was off the tooth? That's mulitple problems.
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #15

I can assure you all that the mechanic is not shady, no question. His name is Mihn Tran and he owns and operates Modifyd Performance in Wichita, KS.

I hope you get everything worked out, that Accord is plain sick! I don't know about this Dr. Evil tranny but I hear they are like $3,500-$5,000. Screw that for another auto tranny, spend the money for the 6-speed swap, $3,500 for another auto tranny is just plain dumb, peace...
KScivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #16
import tuner and rn

dr evil tranny is not dumb , it can handle some serious power, no mis gearing at the track , but if u can afford the six speed swap than by all means do it
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #17

im getting my dr evil soon. wouldnt go any other way.
toocoolcord19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #18
Boosted!

plus with dr evil i belief the wat gear ur in on your gague still works plus automatic still so convient for people who live where its heavliy populated
Old May 15th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #19

i just dynoed at 194whp
same mods minus the tb and with self tuning. time for a wideband a/f meter
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #20
Guest User 466

viper u have cl-s cam gears too??
whoa this is a new thing or something??
dam
with these mods its almost 200whp!!
Greddy dual evo
injen cold air
comptech headers
unorthodox pulley kit
type s camshafts
type s cam gears
type s throttle body
v6p ground kit
vafc2

hmmm wonder where i will be
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KScivic
I can assure you all that the mechanic is not shady, no question. His name is Mihn Tran and he owns and operates Modifyd Performance in Wichita, KS.

I hope you get everything worked out, that Accord is plain sick! I don't know about this Dr. Evil tranny but I hear they are like $3,500-$5,000. Screw that for another auto tranny, spend the money for the 6-speed swap, $3,500 for another auto tranny is just plain dumb, peace...

You say the mechanic isn't shady but then bash the Dr. Evil tranny. Great way to get creditibility.

Did you post about your dyno on a new thread, Viper?
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #22
Guest User 466

man i thought it was hard to get over 190whp with those mods
hmmm its so weird
Old June 6th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #23
Sifu

CL-S throttle body will give you better throttle response but I doubt it would give you a higher peak HP number.

ps; sorry for waking up old thread
Hunsvotti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in