NSX-T (2005) peak 336.3WHP/236TQ/7500 mi. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #1

NSX-T (2005) peak 336.3WHP/236TQ/7500 mi.

Several weeks ago, I was scheduled to bring my car into CT for a pre-install dyno. Then I was going to get the CT i/h/e installed at Acura, followed by a post-install dyno. The day before I was scheduled to bring my car into CT for the pre-install dyno, Shad called me and asked if I'd be willing to lend them my car for some development work.

The Whipple blowers (roots type) for the NSX SC kit are no longer available. So CT has been working on a replacement blower (Autorotor) for the last 6 months. They completed the 3.0L NSX SC kit with the new blower and were scheduled to use someone's car for the 3.2L NSX SC kit. But at the last minute, the 3.2L NSX wasn't available.

So Shad made me an offer I couldn't refuse. For letting them use my car to finalize the 3.2L kit, they would install the CT i/sc/h/e at a very very good price. Plus, they would do a dyno run for baseline, i/h/e and i/sc/h/e to see what each mod gained. I wasn't planning on the SC until next summer, but this was too good to pass up.

Stock
WHP: 247.4 @ 7200
TQ: 194 @ 5400

I/H/E
WHP: 266 @ 7500
TQ: 197 @ 6500

I/SC/H/E with ~5.9 PSI boost
WHP: 336.3 @ 7700
TQ: 236 @ 7000

A 88.9 WHP/42 TQ gain. Not too bad Next, the stage II kit (bigger injectors, smaller pulley and a black-box) that might make between 30-50 more WHP. Not available yet, but CT is considering it.

Additional Info
Both the Whipple and Autorotor blowers are 1.6L each. However, CT found that the Autorotor blower made 7 PSI boost using the original 6 PSI pulley. This is because the Autorotor blower design moves air more efficiently. The Whipple blower's end-casting had an opening at the top to pull air from, where as the Autorotor blower is less restrictive, pulling air through all of the end- casting. When my car was dyno'd, it was making close to 340 but running very lean at the upper RPM's. So CT did a test and put bigger injectors in. That made an additional 25WHP, but that made the mid-range RPM's too rich. They ended up going with a larger pulley to slow blower down which put boost back to 6 PSI. The Autorotor is also a lot quieter.

I'm very pleased with the results. Although these aren't earth-shaking numbers, car is sooooo much quicker and pull really hard in 1st-4th gear, as well as having a lot more grunt in 5th and 6th. The down side, the car's handling is no longer in par with it's power. Oh, and the sound of the i/sc/e is sooooo sweeeeet. I feel as though I've got a completely new car again. :tongue:

UPDATE: Temp was in the 80's, not sure of humidity.

acls6sp03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #2

Very nice car and kit
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
congrats and nicee
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 6th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #4

While NSX is definately GORGEOUS , I'm not impressed with it's power and especially torque. Your own SC CL-S makes 30wtq more at the same given 6psi and delivers it 2000rpm earlier

Honda really should put a serious V8 in it, or our frankestein SC 3.5L AV6 really embarrass it by making 319whp/270wtq (TAG) on crappy AV6 OEM ECU (w/E-Manage) and our best buddy 02AV6 should dyno his new one soon

Otherwise, beautiful car!

Last edited by alt04; October 6th, 2005 at 04:28 PM..
alt04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #5

that is a nice imagination, i like the plates. The car is sick it must haul ass now.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt04
While NSX is definately GORGEOUS , I'm not impressed with it's power and especially torque. Your own SC CL-S makes 30wtq more at the same given 6psi and delivers it 2000rpm earlier

Honda really should put a serious V8 in it, or our frankestein SC 3.5L AV6 really embarrass it by making 319whp/270wtq (TAG) on crappy AV6 OEM ECU (w/E-Manage) and our best buddy 02AV6 should dyno his new one soon

Otherwise, beautiful car!
My SC CL-S only run with 3.9 PSI. But #'s are only part of the equation, how it drives is the other part that really matters. And let me tell you, the car is amazingly fast. Keep in mind that the 3.2L NSX (stock) has been road tested with 0-60 of 4.5s and a 1/4 @ 12.9. With the SC in, I can hardly shift fast enough between 1st, 2nd and 3rd without hitting the rev limiter; engine spools up so much quicker. I wouldn't be surprise if 0-60 is 4.0 or less and 1/4 is low 12s or lower. With a stage II kit (in the making), could see another 50WHP/30 TQ.
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #7
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Interesting that boltons don't do much. Take that baby to the track.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
that is a nice imagination, i like the plates. The car is sick it must haul ass now.
It was deceptively fast before. But now, it's screams. I ran with an STI last night in some twisties and I can tell you that I pulled on him in the straights like he was standing still. But that's not a very good contest. I'd like to see how I could hang with various vettes. I'm sure some of the later models would own me; well at least until I get the stage II and a lower ratio ring/pinion.

I road in a CT fully prepared track 3.2L NSX that dyno'd at 435 WHP/380 TQ. I had never felt anything so fast before - completely insane. With every gear shift I was violently thrown back into the seat and remained pressed firmly against the it until the next gear shift.
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
Interesting that boltons don't do much. Take that baby to the track.
I think 90 WHP/42 TQ is pretty good for boltons. When I'm done, should be more like 140 WHP/70 TQ. When you say "track", you mean dragstrip? I'm more interested in bringing it to a road course for a track day. But maybe I'll do the strip once just to say I did.
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #10
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Since when was a supercharger a bolton? I meant your first install with i/h/e.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
Since when was a supercharger a bolton? I meant your first install with i/h/e.
I guess what a bolton is is open for interpretation. Yeah, I was surprised there was only a 19 WHP/3 TQ for the i/h/e.
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #12

Whats the black box you mentioned?
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #13
ex scientia vera

Make that TWO FI vehicles in your stable! Very nice indeed.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Make that TWO FI vehicles in your stable! Very nice indeed.
The X was just too quiet stock and I missed the whine from a SC.
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy
Whats the black box you mentioned?
CT designed a fuel/injector timing remapper box for the 04 TL. It does a lot better job than the ESM box used on the earlier SC kits. CT is thinking of using the same remapper box for the NSX stage II SC kits.
Old October 7th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by acls6sp03
My SC CL-S only run with 3.9 PSI. But #'s are only part of the equation, how it drives is the other part that really matters. And let me tell you, the car is amazingly fast. Keep in mind that the 3.2L NSX (stock) has been road tested with 0-60 of 4.5s and a 1/4 @ 12.9. With the SC in, I can hardly shift fast enough between 1st, 2nd and 3rd without hitting the rev limiter; engine spools up so much quicker. I wouldn't be surprise if 0-60 is 4.0 or less and 1/4 is low 12s or lower. With a stage II kit (in the making), could see another 50WHP/30 TQ.
I don't know, just not impressed still with area under the curve. I'm sure stage II kit will wake it up for sure . Tractionwise however, seems NSX doing pretty good to hit those numbers. Enjoy!
alt04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:30 AM   #17
jinsoku.com

Send a message via AIM to vTecaznracer
very nice. i got to see this car in person...even though it wasnt boosted yet.
vTecaznracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #18

S/C NSX

The S/C really beefed up the torque curve, which is much more important than peak HP numbers. Can't wait to see the track numbers for this car .

Quote:
I guess what a bolton is is open for interpretation. Yeah, I was surprised there was only a 19 WHP/3 TQ for the i/h/e.
Well the NSXís 3.2L engine isn't that big, so gains from individual parts are not huge. And the stock parts you replaced weren't that restrictive to begin with .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
S/C NSX
so sexy!
hobbes235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 14th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #20

Simply a stuning automobile. If I had that car I'd have a great big smile on a daily basis!
03 stinkyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 14th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 stinkyaccord
Simply a stuning automobile. If I had that car I'd have a great big smile on a daily basis!
Most of the time I do have a big when driving it, especially now with the CTSC. Now that the handling is no longer on par with the power, next Feb. I hope to install CT springs/sways, konis and T1-Rs.
Old October 14th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #22
RKV

wow, very nice. i drove by a house recently with 3 yellow NSX's. i was shocked not because they could afford 3 (it was in a weathly area, million+ dollar community area, house also had a new S class in the long driveway), but 3?? i was thinking wow, that car must make people fall in love with it, they could have purchased 1 fully loaded ferrari f430 (modena, my dream car) or a nice lambo instead. says something about that car.
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:36 PM   #23
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Quote:
Most of the time I do have a big when driving it, especially now with the CTSC. Now that the handling is no longer on par with the power, next Feb. I hope to install CT springs/sways, konis and T1-Rs.
Nice looking car, I like the new SC kit Comptech has for the NSX, they make great stuff.

If you are looking at different Rims I would suggest the Work Meisters. I got a set of them for my Toyota and I havenít had any traction issues yet, and I have about 80+ more whp than you do. Very strong rim, Comptech uses them on their NSX, and S2000.

-Garrett
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:43 PM   #24

Love the car man
Raddy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gme2001
Nice looking car, I like the new SC kit Comptech has for the NSX, they make great stuff.

If you are looking at different Rims I would suggest the Work Meisters. I got a set of them for my Toyota and I havenít had any traction issues yet, and I have about 80+ more whp than you do. Very strong rim, Comptech uses them on their NSX, and S2000.

-Garrett
I had looked at the Work Meisters, but have settled on the Volk TE37s in silver.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:36 AM   #26

The vids below were posted earlier on Acurazine. If you don't mind, I'll link to them from here.

Several weekends ago, I was up in Medford, OR for a car meet. On our way up to Crater Lake, we found a huge empty parking lot off the highway, in the middle of no where; a perfect place to shoot a video. About one- third of the way through the video you'll see a SC'd NSX do a fly-by.

West Coast Meet 4 Fly By's (right-mouse, Save Target As -- 57.3MB)

Download may take a while, but is well worth it.

Here's a run-off: SC'ed NSX vs. CTS-V with exhaust (right-mouse, Save Target As -- 19MB)
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:56 AM   #27
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL

i got a question on the 2nd vid., the guy filming, is he inside the CL-S?
SIRSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2005, 10:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSIG
i got a question on the 2nd vid., the guy filming, is he inside the CL-S?
Yes and it's a SC'd 6MT CLS if you didn't already realize it.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 10:55 AM   #29
ex scientia vera

Nice vids.

The Cadillac sounds too sweet!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:43 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Nice vids.

The Cadillac sounds too sweet!
It's not you dad's Cadillac. After seeing the CTS-V in person, I have a new found respect for Cadillac.

The Z's sounded really sweet too. I liked the sound my X exhaust, except on the last part of the highway run -- sounded kinda weird.

Last edited by acls6sp03; November 3rd, 2005 at 11:46 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in