99 3.0CL dyno (all bolt on's, w/cams & slight tune) depressing - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #1

99 3.0CL dyno (all bolt on's, w/cams & slight tune) depressing

ok, so took it into the dyno today to tune it (cost $55 for about a half hour, spent 10 minutes standing around waiting for the guy to run the car, then he started unhooking stuff when I wasn't even done, so I am just going to go somewhere else on wednesday.) I didn't even get a chance to adjust the partial throttle portion. I was kinda freaked out and in a hurry to get out of there when on the first run the guy pressed on the brakes after finishing the first run and the damn tires came off the dyno drum and started smoking like a mofo. I need new tires anyways.

all I can say is WTF!?!?!?!? why in gods name is the car running so lean down low?

also, note the sudden drop in torque and power when it changes over to the high end lobes. I am definitely going to adjust the crossover point come wednesday. Maybe the low cam will make power all the way up to 4800 rpms like it does on teh CLS motor. As you can see in the second gear run if the torque curve continues the direction it is going it will intercept the line at about 4800 rpms anyways, so hopefully that works out.

I was also wondering about what the AFR should be at partial throttle. I know that about low 13's is good for WOT, but shoudl partial throttle be leaner or richer than full? or the same?

links to stock dynos at same place:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...irdgearrun.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...ondgearrun.jpg

and here are my three third gear runs followed by my one second gear run.

boy am I disappointed by these numbers. only about 30 whp and 20 wtq gained with intake/headers/axleback/pullies/spacers/cams... sigh
ghost_masterCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #2
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
why is it that most dyno tuning places cant be trusted?
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #3

well, I think it was more the fact that that dyno place was more oriented towards ford mustangs and cobra's, and the guy was kind of ghetto, anyways, we'll see how the shop is on wednesday.
ghost_masterCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 6th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #4

Looks like the engine may be choking, ECU related. Check the ECU and INJ connections and take a look at anything you've recently adjusted...

I had a similar problem once that ended up being a loose ECU connection where I'd swapped in a different one.
03chargedM3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #5

A 3,500 rpm crossover point is way to low for CL-S cams. Set it to 4,800 and see if that helps. But the main problem is the fact that you don't have a piggyback ECU of some sort to unlock the restricted ignition timing on your J30A1. Search around the board a bit, you’ll find all the info you need.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #6

wow nice dyno charts, i wished i had those charts when i had my car dynoed...mine only showed HP and car speed... no rpms or TQ
sorry u got bad numbers....gl with nex dyno

kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in