slowaccords supercharged dyno - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > RACING and TUNING > DYNO
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:10 PM   #1
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
slowaccords supercharged dyno

This past friday i headed over to comptech in el dorado for a retune. This time my unichip came out and only the fpr would be used to make adjustments. The air/fuel was read at the tail pipe. I was told that if you read it at the header it would read about half a point higher. My last dyno had the air/fuel read at the tailpipe also. The midrange leaned out a little from my last dyno but the top end was starving on the dyno. In the winter time I might need to run higher octane but for the summer it should work.

Let me list mods: comptech supercharger with cls pulley, comptech headers, greedy evo1 catback, thermoblock spacers, UR crank pulley, mugen cooling mods, comptech tranny cooler, IK20 iridium plugs, tuned with FPR. The major difference between this run and last dyno run was removal of UNICHIP.

heres the old run:

heres the new run:

and heres the numbers on paper:

discuss.
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2006, 11:17 PM   #2

am I seeing things or did comptech lose you 30 hp?
the_accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_accordian
am I seeing things or did comptech lose you 30 hp?
what are you talking about?
blackhawk411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 1st, 2006, 11:22 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Torque is pretty low in my opinion it barely hovers around 200wtq its better then before but the A/F ration can be made a little leaner at mid range and kept more even, something around 12.0:1 the whole way through.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk411
what are you talking about?
on his old dyno it says his peak power was 266 hp on the new comptech dyno it says peak power is 235 hp.
the_accordian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:37 PM   #6
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_accordian
on his old dyno it says his peak power was 266 hp on the new comptech dyno it says peak power is 235 hp.
notice the revs
Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:17 AM   #7

so for you, tuning with the fpr then hooking up the premapped unichip worked the best. i rememebr a discussion about this a while ago.
mike_d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:15 AM   #8
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL

have you done this on both dynojet machine? SAE corrected? can you explain more of the comptech graph? do you have a torque curve on it or just hp?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cardomain's Showoff Of The Week 05/07/2007!!!<---CLICK HERE&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
SIRSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM   #9

so if he slapped on the unichip again..he's gonna get back 30whp???

wow at 4000rpms, the car only has <150whp??? so ct s/c adds bout 50whp over i/e/h/p???
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
so if he slapped on the unichip again..he's gonna get back 30whp???

wow at 4000rpms, the car only has <150whp??? so ct s/c adds bout 50whp over i/e/h/p???

i think he means he only took it off to tune teh fpr, then put it back on
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:38 AM   #11

also on the first graph doesnt teh 266 come from the high 6k rpms which is also considered a spike or something like that. or is it legit
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:21 PM   #12
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

all these new runs were without any type of engine management. All the tuning was done via FPR. the comptech dyno used is printed on the sheet. I duno wat DSR used for my old dyno.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM   #13
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
i think he means he only took it off to tune teh fpr, then put it back on
no the unichip is gone for good. its never going back on the car. EVER
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:51 PM   #14
import tuner and rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowaccord
no the unichip is gone for good. its never going back on the car. EVER

lol, y u say it like that , bad experience
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:20 PM   #15
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by eolife22
lol, y u say it like that , bad experience
yea ive written about it several times on here. too many experiences to list

Last edited by slowaccord; August 2nd, 2006 at 08:25 PM..
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:11 PM   #16
import tuner and rn

Quote:

i feel u
eolife22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:52 AM   #17
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
In his first dyno, anything pass 6250 is pretty much garbage data so that spike at the end doesn't count. As Comptech uses Dynodynamic dyno which usually scores lower than dynojet. Your torque is pretty low, I'm at 239 tq with pretty much the same mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old J30 Dyno result: 262.4whp & 244 wtq
New J30 Dyno result: 277.6whp & 254 wtq
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM   #18
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2

Your boost around redline is a lot higher than mine. I hit my peak boost around 3500 RPM and then it drops and slowly climbs again. You're running a bit leaner than I am too.

Last edited by BlackV62K2; August 3rd, 2006 at 12:57 AM..
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:09 AM   #19

Quote:

what kind of engine managment are you gonna use now
Old August 3rd, 2006, 09:51 AM   #20
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
what kind of engine managment are you gonna use now
none. im tired of spending money on this cars motor. i wanna get new wheels now and other stuff for looks. Maybe in the future i might try something new, but for now i dont wanna do nothing else to the engine
Old August 4th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #21

i think u need a better tune.... its running pretty rich
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reccakun08
i think u need a better tune.... its running pretty rich
Rich? I'm seeing "lean"... in "boost" with "load" I'm thinking between 11.5 -12.0 f/a is a good mark to stay in.
I'm wondering if "slowaccord" was about to detonate when the f/a dropped to 10.4? Hard to say... there's no "gear" but probably mid/top of D3 with torque converter locked?

Slowaccord, sorry to read your frustration in tuning, but your performance is pretty damn impressive anyhow. Thanks for the posts!

ETaccord
ETaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #23

The higher the #, the leaner the a/f. For example 13:1 is leaner then 11:1..You should run the highest octane available for your car and then you need to lean it out about another 1/2 turn. The higher octane will help to keep you from detonating up by redline and the 1/2 turn will bring your a/f up in the mid range. Your a/f has way to much variation. Look at Blackv62k2 graph. Hes getting max power in the 12.5 range. Last time I dynoed my car, the a/f (measured at the tailpipe) started at 11.8 and went to 12.6 at redline. Ideally, you would keep your a/f from ever dipping down below the 11.0 marker.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM   #24
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy
The higher the #, the leaner the a/f. For example 13:1 is leaner then 11:1..You should run the highest octane available for your car and then you need to lean it out about another 1/2 turn. The higher octane will help to keep you from detonating up by redline and the 1/2 turn will bring your a/f up in the mid range. Your a/f has way to much variation. Look at Blackv62k2 graph. Hes getting max power in the 12.5 range. Last time I dynoed my car, the a/f (measured at the tailpipe) started at 11.8 and went to 12.6 at redline. Ideally, you would keep your a/f from ever dipping down below the 11.0 marker.
hmmmmmmmm i was told my car was hitting 14:1 a/f ratio up top so he had to add more fuel via the FPR. I did notice that my car felt a little quicker and i verifed that when i made an 85-115mph run against my brothers camaro SS. Even though he won, he took me by a little more than a car length. Before the tune he would win an easy 2 car lengths and still be pulling. half the reason i lose is because his auto shifts down to second and im stuck in 3rd gear. and having a ram air LS1 doesnt hurt either

edit: i was so anxious to get my car back on the road i didn't even ask if the results are corrected or not.

Last edited by slowaccord; August 5th, 2006 at 09:26 PM..
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #25
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Quote:
Trying to keep the mids in 11s will lean out the already lean top-end. This is of course with just FPR tuning. I know this can be done with Emanage. I would like my mid to lean out some more but I don't wanna risk leaning out the top.

Old August 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Ha! Hence the a/f (air to fuel) ratio. I stand corrected and stupid!
It's been a very long time since my last Dyno run, and back then... a/f ratio was everything.
I'd also like to ask... why do you measure from the tailpipe? Is it not better to take the reading before the cat?
ETaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #27

What? you dont make any sense.
Anyways his car is def running rich after ~3.5 and pretty lean before 3. For boosted cars you want to stay around ~11.5-12ish. With a better tune u can definately squeeze more power and have better gas mileage.
reccakun08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #28
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reccakun08
What? you dont make any sense.
Anyways his car is def running rich after ~3.5 and pretty lean before 3. For boosted cars you want to stay around ~11.5-12ish. With a better tune u can definately squeeze more power and have better gas mileage.
That's the problem with us SC guys tuning just with the FPR. We're lean down low and up high but quite rich in the mids.

Old August 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2
That's the problem with us SC guys tuning just with the FPR. We're lean down low and up high but quite rich in the mids.
Yeah, tuning by those methods tune the whole powerband which is to say that if your low end is rich and your bogging you will lean it out but lean out the high end as well, and vis versa possibly. Thats why a piggy back ECU is great for tuning.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #30

I'd also like to ask... why do you measure from the tailpipe? Is it not better to take the reading before the cat?[/QUOTE]

Im not sure, but I guess the cat cleans the air a little, so it must make a difference.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in