Oh wow! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > FORD and LINCOLN
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:50 PM   #1
The One&Only!

Send a message via AIM to LostRacer Send a message via Yahoo to LostRacer
Oh wow!

A Ford Section

What are some of you running? I'm currently abusing my 2.5L Duratec w/ a couple SVT upgrades and 65mm Mustang GT TB waiting to go on...anyone else?

LostRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #2

are you running a mercury cougar? my friend has one here localy. it is decently modded. headers (custom made localy) i don'tknow if they are equal length or not but they really woke the car up. CAI, and spray. it used to be a good run for my SHO untill i boosted it. he is going to do a 3.0 swap in it later this year. i've driven a contour SVT with a 3.0 swap (which he swaped his SVT intake and heads onto) and quite a few goodies (mostly suspention) and that was a fun car to rip around in for sure.

i'm running a 1994 taurus SHO ATX (automatic) that I have turboed. i'm running 8psi off of a PT67, and that definately makes for a fun car. it should be in the neighbor hood of 350WHP. the engine currently has 224K on it and it is the origional. the only work I have done to it is replace the crank and rod bearings, as well as the front and rear crank seals. power mods other than the turbo are BBB's or big bore butterflies, and extrude hone intake 47.7lb injectors and 255lph fuel pump... yep thats it. i'm on my 4th tranny in 4 years though. this one is built though so hopefully *crosses fingers* i will hold for more than 24K or 1 year. I'm getting sick of my june ritual of swapping trannies.

other mods to my car include intrax springs, tokico struts (if i can ever get my fronts back from tokico for warranty). 11.6" front rotors with cobra calapers, but soon to be 13" with the same calapers and 11.6" rear brakes as well. I also have a light weight CF cowl hood. I also have the ruster fender mod, the bald front tire mod and the front inner fender covered in rubber dust mod.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #3

i forgot to post the first video of when we finished the turbo setup, we were so excited that we didn't even complete the piping for the intake side and just threw the filter on the end of the turbo. with tuning issues causing a major bogg off the line we still managed to rip off a 13.8 @108mph with a 2.6 60' that was before it would build boost off the line. now we can build full boost no problem so once i get som serous slicks i can't wait to see what i can do... being that i'm one of the few boosted automatic SHO's around i don't really have a benchmark to go against. bla bla bla i'm done talking.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...1d01661618.htm

Old January 25th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #4

Hahah... I saw a turboed SHO by me. It was green, 4dr, and had no front bumper, and a huge ass intercooler and filter on the front... So here we were at this red light. I was shotgun and my buddy was driving, with 3 other ppl in the back of a 91 accord 2.2L 5spd with origional engine, trannie, and clutch, like 240k miles on it... Anyways, light goes green, we launch at like 3k, and the tarus goes psssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS and such... Were right next to them with a beast of a car with 5 passangers, we chirp into second and start pulling...

Long story shot, the 91 accord beat a turbo SHO... HOW THE *** DOES THAT HAPPEN? No clue, but that guy sure looked pissed, and im sure it was floored...

But, I <3 Honda's... so...maybie my willpower pushed us forward..

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #5
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Probably in dire need of tunning. If he had no bumper, my guess is that he JUST got it together and was taking it for a test run. That or he was spinning his tires the entire time.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
Probably in dire need of tunning. If he had no bumper, my guess is that he JUST got it together and was taking it for a test run. That or he was spinning his tires the entire time.
HAHAH... Nope, no tires spun... he might have needed some hardcore tuning or something, but DAM was it slow...

E
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #7
BULLPOO

OR... severe air leak in the FMIC and tubing. Causing him to run half the PSI.
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #8

Quote:
OR... severe air leak in the FMIC and tubing. Causing him to run half the PSI.
I dont know what it was, but.. we were in a stock 91 accord with 5 people... WTF man?

BTW.... Do i want to get a STi or not...

Im considering it for the near future....

E
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #9

well that definately wasn't me then because my first night out with 30min of tuning i held a 02 vett (stock) pulled 2.5 cars on a stage 1 cobalt SS S/C and a few days after I lost to a turbo lexus IS300 on 13psi bu 1/2 a car. Although I did drive mine around with no bumper for a couple months. If i take off at 1/3-1/2 throttle it will see about 4 psi and make all of the turbo noises but it will shift at about 4500rpm. sometimes i do this to save the tires + gas is a killer under full boost. haha if you really think your accord is faster I would be more than happy to have a rematch.

i'm near buffalo NY. was it me? if not i would like to meet another turbo SHO.

I have had my share or exhaust leaks. i've even blown a intake pipe clear into the ditch (that tool like 45min to find i painted all my plumbing black ) I can asure you this though a stock 4cyl accord would definately not pull on my SHO... it might get sucked in the massive 4" inlet on the turbo however. lol

all in good fun
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #10
BULLPOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspda

BTW.... Do i want to get a STi or not...

E

I dunno... do you?

I love the car. The only thing I miss are the amenities from my Accord. Other than that, the brute force this car puts out on the pavement is unbelievable.

From the factory, it has a 6disk indash CD player, electronic controled climate control, 6 way manual adjusted drivers seat, etc.... It has some little things that I think every car should have. One problem is it's pricy to own. Between gas, insurance, and the payment itself, I'm out about 1200 a month. If you have no points on your record (I have 2) and don't really drive that much (I drive at least 70 miles a day) you shouldn't touch that. Make sure your credit is good when you go in to buy one. Mine was/is excellent so I got a good % rate. Everything else just sucks for me.

If you ever have any questions, let me know.
Old January 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #11
ex scientia vera

[threadjack]

Quote:
Between gas, insurance, and the payment itself, I'm out about 1200 a month.
Damn.

[/threadjack]
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude
well that definately wasn't me then because my first night out with 30min of tuning i held a 02 vett (stock) pulled 2.5 cars on a stage 1 cobalt SS S/C and a few days after I lost to a turbo lexus IS300 on 13psi bu 1/2 a car. Although I did drive mine around with no bumper for a couple months. If i take off at 1/3-1/2 throttle it will see about 4 psi and make all of the turbo noises but it will shift at about 4500rpm. sometimes i do this to save the tires + gas is a killer under full boost. haha if you really think your accord is faster I would be more than happy to have a rematch.

I have had my share or exhaust leaks. i've even blown a intake pipe clear into the ditch (that tool like 45min to find i painted all my plumbing black ) I can asure you this though a stock 4cyl accord would definately not pull on my SHO... it might get sucked in the massive 4" inlet on the turbo however. lol

all in good fun
REALLY? huh... This one was in depew, and it was like... im gonna say, 8-12 months ago? I think it was green, and there was 2 people in it, they looked like 17-19ish... One had glasses, and the driver looked like he thought he was prety cool...

Was it you?
Thad be crazy...

E
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #13

Quote:

all in good fun
HAHA... WHOA WHOA WHOA... I just read the whole thing... It wasnt my accord, and i HOPE it isnt faster, it was my friends 91 accord white 4dr with 5 people... That thing was a friggn BEAST... Until he totaled it

E
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #14

Quote:
HAHA... WHOA WHOA WHOA... I just read the whole thing... It wasnt my accord, and i HOPE it isnt faster, it was my friends 91 accord white 4dr with 5 people... That thing was a friggn BEAST... Until he totaled it

E
really? i must have misunderstood you then. my bad.

Quote:
Were right next to them with a beast of a car with 5 passangers, we chirp into second and start pulling...

Long story shot, the 91 accord beat a turbo SHO... HOW THE *** DOES THAT HAPPEN? No clue, but that guy sure looked pissed, and im sure it was floored...

that was probably me then. I live on french road in cheektowaga it is on the border of 3 towns. west seneca, depew, and cheektowaga. I spend a lot of time driving on transit road that is likely where you saw me. don't mind the picture it is universal and not ment to slam you.

Last edited by somedude; January 29th, 2007 at 08:54 PM..
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #15

Quote:
really? i must have misunderstood you then. my bad.

that was probably me then. I live on french road in cheektowaga it is on the border of 3 towns. west seneca, depew, and cheektowaga. I spend a lot of time driving on transit road that is likely where you saw me. don't mind the picture it is universal and not ment to slam you.

Too bad the pic dosent work.. I WANNA SEE WHAT IT IS ..... haha... thats CRAZY.... your the first person i know of thats on this forum around this area... Too bad its not a quad turbo 6th gen ..... but i do like turbos..... so i guess it dosent really matter what car thier on, except 4 is better than 1....

Not to sugguest things or anything, but... how fast is your sho? you ever go to the ****hole lancaster track 1/8 mile? i went once, and MAN does it suck.. HOW DO PEOPLE GET TRACTION THERE??? i dont get it... It soo friggn bad, i slipped in my (no low end) accord throught 1st, and just about chirped into 2nd with a auto... the only time i got any traction is when i 'warmed the tires up' on my final run...

oh, and....want a re-match?

E

Last edited by ericspda; January 30th, 2007 at 11:20 AM..
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #16

i fixed the pic for you. my friend that runs sonikempire.com just changed servers so when i uploaded that pic it didn't transfer over.

I won't run my car at lancaster anymore. NYIRP (1/4 mile strip) is only 45 min away. the way the car sits now it will definately rip low 13's all day but if these new tires hook better that i think i might pull high 12's, BUT that is all bench racing since the only time slip (actually like 4 or 5) says 13.8 @108 with a 2.6 60'. the car was on a horrible tune and it would bog untill it got in the upper rpms then it would spin the rest of first and kind of float second then third had good traction. also keep in mind that the auto tragic shifts at 45 in first and 85 in second and 140 in third.

the reason i think i will have high 13's-low 12's is just me comparing my car to GTP's and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will see 113-115mph easly in the 1/4. so to answer your question... it moves pretty good, but it is still a highway/roadcourse queen.

edit: if you are local join NYspeed.com it is our local forum we have meets constantly and have some pretty cool anual events as well.
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #17

Quote:
i fixed the pic for you. my friend that runs sonikempire.com just changed servers so when i uploaded that pic it didn't transfer over.

I won't run my car at lancaster anymore. NYIRP (1/4 mile strip) is only 45 min away. the way the car sits now it will definately rip low 13's all day but if these new tires hook better that i think i might pull high 12's, BUT that is all bench racing since the only time slip (actually like 4 or 5) says 13.8 @108 with a 2.6 60'. the car was on a horrible tune and it would bog untill it got in the upper rpms then it would spin the rest of first and kind of float second then third had good traction. also keep in mind that the auto tragic shifts at 45 in first and 85 in second and 140 in third.

the reason i think i will have high 13's-low 12's is just me comparing my car to GTP's and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will see 113-115mph easly in the 1/4. so to answer your question... it moves pretty good, but it is still a highway/roadcourse queen.

edit: if you are local join NYspeed.com it is our local forum we have meets constantly and have some pretty cool anual events as well.
I looked at nyspeed.com, and it looks pretty crappy.... Youre the 4th person to tell me, so maybie im missing something... and yes.. that was sure you...... Is there any hondas on this site? Im not a big fan of domestic... im mainly about the rice

E
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Is there any hondas on this site? Im not a big fan of domestic... im mainly about the rice
i could take a good **** and crap out a turbo honda around here. they are all over around here, and yes there area bunch of turbo hondas on the forums. you just have to get to know the people on there then its pretty funny to be on. to each his own i guess.

here isa video i threw togeather a couple days ago.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...c40142ae87.htm
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #19

Quote:
i could take a good **** and crap out a turbo honda around here. they are all over around here, and yes there area bunch of turbo hondas on the forums. you just have to get to know the people on there then its pretty funny to be on. to each his own i guess.

here isa video i threw togeather a couple days ago.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...c40142ae87.htm
HAHAHA... MAN, GET SOME NEW FRIGGN WIPERS... JEZZZUS... haha....
Yea, i dont exactly expect you to like hondas, but im just saying... i do.. I only saw one turbo white hatch around here... Maybie ill check out this forum...

Oh, and.. Im getting hungry, how about i meet you at the mcdonalds by walmart on transit.... I wanna see what a turbo sho vs accord looks like... If your in....

Oh, and heres a video i made a few weeks ago... hahaha......
CLICK ME!

E (j/k)

Last edited by ericspda; January 30th, 2007 at 08:58 PM..
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #20

my car is in storage for the winter. we can meet up sometime if you want. not tonight though i just got in from eating.
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #21
BULLPOO

I wouldn't know if he's hitting on me or just gernerally interested in my car. I have a hard time telling. Offering MickeyD's is huge. Next step is Red Lobster, then sex?
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #22

Quote:
I wouldn't know if he's hitting on me or just gernerally interested in my car. I have a hard time telling. Offering MickeyD's is huge. Next step is Red Lobster, then sex?
hahah.... sure... im not offering mickeyd'z to anyone...Get your own dam food. Im saying IM FRIGGN HUNGRY... so i went to mickey d'z if he wanted to show up, id be waiting in the parking lot, and he could have gotten a rematch... trust me... theres a story behind it beyond what was posted on this forum... I dont care about the person.. I have no clue who he is, and i dont like lobster......

But... if YOU come over here and let me hardcore abuse your STi ... i might get you some red lobsta.... But, it aint gonna happen.... I <3 STi's....

E

Last edited by ericspda; January 30th, 2007 at 11:09 PM..
Old January 31st, 2007, 05:45 PM   #23

Quote:
hahah.... sure... im not offering mickeyd'z to anyone...Get your own dam food. Im saying IM FRIGGN HUNGRY... so i went to mickey d'z if he wanted to show up, id be waiting in the parking lot, and he could have gotten a rematch... trust me... theres a story behind it beyond what was posted on this forum... I dont care about the person.. I have no clue who he is, and i dont like lobster......

But... if YOU come over here and let me hardcore abuse your STi ... i might get you some red lobsta.... But, it aint gonna happen.... I <3 STi's....

E
what no sex??? **** that i'm not going to meet up... JK of course.

there is a story beyond? i figured it was a random race. come spring when the car is out i'll run you again no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in