New Poniac G6 GPX looks like a G35. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > GM, GMC, and PONTIAC
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Butta

Send a message via AIM to POLOFOLK
New Poniac G6 GPX looks like a G35.

I think it looks like cross between the cobalt and the G35.

Here is the article. click Looks coool.
POLOFOLK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #2
NEvans

Send a message via AIM to soldierdude262
those tails look like a 350z, if you look how the top corner of the lights goes off to a point that goes towards the C-pillar, and as for the first 2 pics the lines on the sodes of the 2 cars are damn close, but the front isn't really close.

What makes the gxp special performance wise?
soldierdude262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #3

^^

Quote:
Also on hand to give this Pontiac a lower appearance is a set of lowering springs. Thanks to these springs, the G6 GXP is 25mm closer to the ground than its stock counterpart is. The struts haven't been revised, but wheel size is now a massive 19 inches, and the stock brake discs have been replaced with vented and cross-drilled pieces.

Engine power is up, too. A 3.9-liter V6 rests under the hood of this coupe, and thanks to a K&N intake and a cat-back free-flowing exhaust, it pushes out 270 horses and 259 lb.-ft. of torque out to the flywheel. With the GXP being a proper sporty coupe, a six-speed manual transmission is used to help drivers row through the gears.
trapshot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Butta

It has a 3.9 V6 that makes 270 horses and 259 lb.-ft. of torque... front wheel drive, 6 speed...
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #5
NEvans

yeah I just found that, if you do a google search they made 275hp with 3.6 liters for the '04 gxp concept, so now they're using a bigger engine that makes less power?

Source: http://www.aicautosite.com/previews/...iac-g6-gxp.asp, Note the published date of 2004. And this one about the concept at the '04 SEMA show: http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow...4/page018.html

Last edited by soldierdude262; May 4th, 2006 at 08:33 PM..
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #6
Butta

I think it looks bad ass.
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #7
NEvans

O most definitely, I like it.
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #8
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Eh, I'd rather buy a GTP and add the performance parts myself. All of that exterior stuff isn't worth the extra cost IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #9
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierdude262
yeah I just found that, if you do a google search they made 275hp with 3.6 liters for the '04 gxp concept, so now they're using a bigger engine that makes less power?

Source: http://www.aicautosite.com/previews/...iac-g6-gxp.asp, Note the published date of 2004. And this one about the concept at the '04 SEMA show: http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow...4/page018.html
That concept used an upgraded version of the standard 3.5L OHV V6. The new concept uses the new 3.9L VVT OHV V6 found in the GTP. I'd rather have 5 HP less and gain a more efficient VVT V6 engine.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #10
I hate my Ford

Send a message via AIM to timdastis
i think its hideous

i test drove one of these a few weeks back, the interior is just so boring and fake...typical of pontiacs though
timdastis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #11
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloFolk
I think it looks bad ass.

It makes me so happy to know that domestic car companies now have some people with at least a smidgen of creativity in them. They're coming around...finally!! Like it or not, you HAVE to at least like the gumption they have by coming out with something a bit against the grain.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #12
Mark G.

Send a message via AIM to jobata23
i think american company now a days dont have originality and copying others designs
jobata23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #13
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0bat6j023
i think american company now a days dont have originality and copying others designs
So what? It's been done for centuries, and will continue to happen. I'm just glad they're copying good designs...
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #14
Pedal damn it

Send a message via AIM to whoagorgeous
True....

but, imo, that front end looks hideous

whoagorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #15
Mark G.

Send a message via AIM to jobata23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
So what? It's been done for centuries, and will continue to happen. I'm just glad they're copying good designs...
american car copanies needs to be more creative, thats all
jobata23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #16
POSSIBLE FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via AIM to maying856 Send a message via MSN to maying856
Eh....this is another reason why I dont like most of the new models that come out from the manufacturers. All the cars now all look similar to each other, its like all the cars are mating with on another and forming hybrids....lol

maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to ryon527
the rear deck lid looks like a tub. you could probably have 50 gallons of water in there.
ryon527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #18

Honestly, despite what a lot of critics have been saying about the "Pep Boys spoiler", I think the hammerhead spoiler MAKES the car. I think that GM has made a great looking car. I do not think that they copied the design off the G35 and/or other vehicles as other will suggest, even though the fact that people will mention that is inevitable. The only thing that makes the car look cheap is the grill.

Otherwise the engine is GM's finest 3.6L V6. Is this the same engine used in the new Cadillac CTS? With approximately 250 ft-lbs of torque to play around with, coming in at 3,200 RPM I'm sure that it has beastly low-end torque for around town driving. It is good for mid 14's in the 1/4 mile as well, showing that this car has more than adequate muscle power. I'm honestly considering trading in my 00' AV6 coupe for one of the newer coupes on the market, be it the new '08 Honda Accord Coupe, '08 Pontiac Coupe GXP Street, or even the '08 Nissan Altima Coupe.
3LitreVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #19
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
The G6 reminds me of an Accord. Looking at it from the side, it has the plain two door look of an Accord/Camry. The front lights are like 6th Gen lights with a bit of an upward angle, and someone already touched on the psuedo-350Z tails.

I find the G6 attractive, but its shape makes the "stubby door syndrome" more glaring than it does on the GTO.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #20

^^ Completely agree with you on the Accord notion. It has the plain two door look of an Accord/Camry with, in my opinion, a much more aggressive window shaping. Almost looks influenced by those of the Gallardo. The GXP Coupe is a very in-your-face looking coupe. Judging the side view next to the G35 shown above, as much as I HATE to say it, it looks like an overall better design than the G35. I will be test driving the '08 Coupe GXP Street within the next week...
3LitreVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in