Rainy Night Shots by Me - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > GRAPHIC DESIGN and ART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #1
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Rainy Night Shots by Me

Well, Blizzard said that if people want to get better, they have to go out and practice as much as possible. So I took that to heart and went and took pictures of Jenny while I was waiting for my renter to get off work (she works at the Barnes and Noble in the background).

I find that crouching down and taking a lower angle shot makes things look more dramatic. And that taking it at a higher angle makes it almost look like a compact car!

I bought a cheap magazine tutorial for a Nikon D40X a few weeks ago, but I couldn't really use anything from it, because I don't know how to adjust anything on my Princess's D50. All the menus are in Russian.

I'm nowhere near as good as UniqueX, DoctorX, Blizzard, Steve, Dizzy, and all the rest of you... but I think I'm getting a little better. I didn't end up with as many blurries as I used to. I still had issues with "lens flare" because of the parking lot lights as seen in these two (which I would have loved if I didn't get the funky junk on them):

Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #2

I'd recommend using a tripod when shooting at night and to narrow your lens a bit more(increase F number) which would force the camera to lower the shutter speed in order to take in more light. It makes everything a bit more clear and colors more vibrant. I think the 4th picture came out looking pretty good though. Keep up those pictures and also, you might want to pick up a book as well to aid you in your practice because I know that it helps me a lot.
UnIQuEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #3
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Would narrowing the lens a bit more also make the background more blurry so that the car really stands out? The last picture happened to have it happen (I still shoot in "Auto"), but I got that junky flare stuff too.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #4
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL

just curious, where are you getting all this name?

nice nightshot photos
SIRSIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master View Post
Would narrowing the lens a bit more also make the background more blurry so that the car really stands out? The last picture happened to have it happen (I still shoot in "Auto"), but I got that junky flare stuff too.
No, it's a bit confusing actually, It took me a while untill i got a book and it became more clear to me. The smaller(narrower) the aperature Ex. F16, the camera seems to put focus on almost everything, the Larger(wider) the aperature Ex. F2.8, the more the background goes out of focus. So lets say that you're shooting at a 40mm distance, at F 4. You take 40 and devide by 4 will give you an opening of 10mm. Thats how wide your lens is open but if you're shooting at 40mm at F20, then your lens is only 2mm wide.

The reason why I say to narrow your lens is because it seems as though the first picture throws the rest of the body of the car out of focus while the rear of the car is in focus. I'm not sure if that's what you're going for but I think it might look better if the middle and front of the car was in focus as well.
UnIQuEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in