Just finished some flyers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > GRAPHIC DESIGN and ART
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #1
in love with gold

Send a message via AIM to frozen
Just finished some flyers

... i jus finished some flyers for a key club date auction & dance. this is my 3rd consecutive year i've been doing this for them. lemme know what u think.

click for larger.

click for larger.

any suggestions would be great. thanks. please remember the target audience is for: 13-17 (maybe 18) year old high schoolers. so don't say i need a naked chick on there to attract attention, cuz that'll get me in trouble. =X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

frozen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #2
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
the only suggestions i see giving are to find higher quality pictures for the background because some of them look a bit blurry but other than that, they look very professional.

good work

KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #3
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Like KnightRyder said, the background for the back of the flyer is a bit blurry. Other than that, great job .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 11th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to PMantis24
I think it's purposely blurry. If you look at the flowers on the botton they're in focus. It's just like a photo with depth of field, subject is in focus background is blurry.

I could be totally wrong though

BTW, I like them
PMantis24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #5
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantis24
I think it's purposely blurry. If you look at the flowers on the botton they're in focus. It's just like a photo with depth of field, subject is in focus background is blurry.

I could be totally wrong though
Yeah, the front is supposed to be blurry on the top. Not sure about the back though .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Yeah, the front is supposed to be blurry on the top. Not sure about the back though .
Look at the larger size pic in the link. You'll see where the focus of the image is and how the the top portion of the image should be blurry to give it that depth of field effect

But the second flyer's background does look a bit blurry
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:15 AM   #7
in love with gold

they're all blurrier than the actual size. acutal print size is 5.5 x 4.25 at 300dpi. that is HUGE and will take a long while to upload i guarantee.

and yes, the background was intentionally blurry, if every image was crisp and clear, the words would be very very hard to read being that there is major texture in the rest of the images.

and in concerns with the front bottom flower being blurry at the top.. if you realllllllly look carefully, it's from the water droplet doing that rounded reflection thing.

btw, i have NO IDEA what this "depth of field" effect is that you guys speak of. i probably do and don't realize that there is a specified technical term for it. =P i'm a lousy artist/designer, i didnt go to school for it and learn the terms. lol. i taught myself this stuff since 8th grade.

and nevermind the "btw" part because i just re-read all the responses. lol. again like i said, i have super high quality pics available if anyone REALLY wants to see it.. but they're HUMONGO.

anyways, thanks.

Old August 12th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #8

Depth of field is a photography term it's basically the effect you created with the flowers on the bottom in focus while the background is blurred.

Here's a quick lesson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

...same stuff..
http://www.azuswebworks.com/photography/dof.html
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:34 AM   #9
in love with gold

yea i jus said "nevermind the 'btw' part" cuz i re-read the responses and got it..
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:46 AM   #10
in love with gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyder
other than that, they look very professional.
good work
oh yea. thanks btw. i can do actual design stuff for commercial clients..

i just can't do what some of you guys do to cars. i can make it look kick-ass for a flyer though.

so if anyone needs letterheads or posters to print and put up next to your cars at shows listing your mods &/or awards, i can do that.

Old August 14th, 2004, 02:04 AM   #11

that **** is busy!

but i guess it will work for your target audience.
CMYK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in