Suggestions for fun touristy things to do in Hawaii? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > HAWAII - ALASKA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #1
Carpe Diem

Suggestions for fun touristy things to do in Hawaii?

In April I will be traveling to Hawaii for my honeymoon. I've never been there before and I'm looking for some suggestions on what to do while I'm there. We will be staying at the Marriott's Ko Olina Resort.

The misses already has her heart set on doing one of those helicopter rides over the volcano, some submarine tour, and a Pearl Harbor tour. Any other good suggestions?
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2
M![email protected] \_(ツ)_/

There's tons of things to do. Glad that you're already have some pretty interesting activities planned so far. Definitely like the Pearl Harbor Tour. How long are you gonna be here, Ike?

Here's what I would suggest for a few days:
  • Since you'll be at Ko'olina, try and hit up the new Disney Pool area. I haven't been there myself, but my family says it's pretty awesome.
  • Waikiki is a always a good thing to do while here, but I would suggest going during the day since the evening brings about some "crazies". Waikiki has shopping (International Market Place, Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, Beach Walk), iconic hotels, the beach, good places to eat, etc. It's tourist haven. LOL.
  • Hana'uma Bay (snorkling and fish feeding). Arrive there as early as possible, since parking is very limited.
  • Shave Ice at Matsumoto's or Aoki's in Haleiwa (somewhat of a drive). I take my family to Aoki's since Matsumoto's always has an extremely long line. There are a handful of small eateries in Haleiwa as well (Wailua Bakery comes to mind).
  • Waimea Bay (on the way to Kahuku); it's where they hold the Eddie Aikau surf meet when there is extremely large surf (30' +) during winter season.
  • Giovanni's Shrimp Truck (Kahuku) or any Shrimp Truck in Kahuku (definitely a far drive, but very nice scenery)
  • China Man's Hat (Windward side of the island). You can walk out to the island during extremely low tide, but most canoe. You can also hike when you get there.
  • Water sports at Kailua Beach (Windward side of the island). This is where Obama stayed
  • There's a ton of "Hole in wall" places to eat all around the island, showcasing local cuisine as well.
BTW, congrats on the marriage!!
HEcreated487 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #3

Sharks cove on the north shore! Snorkeling there is epic! They also do scuba class things there. seriously so sick though
3.0UALLKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #4

Oya Like hecreated said north shore is probably gnarly right now
3.0UALLKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #5
Carpe Diem

Thanks for the suggestions guys, if you think of any more, let me know!

We will be there for a week (sat-sat). We are actually getting married down there at the same time. So it is going to be a wedding/honeymoon all-in-one sort of deal.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with Hawaii Weddings | Beach Weddings | Hawaii Wedding Packages but that is who will be performing the wedding. The guy's name is Captain Howie I believe...
ikethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in