2006 Hyundai Sonata - Page 2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > HYUNDAI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2005, 04:37 PM   #31
TQ challenged

^^Rebates.
Anybody take up Hyundai on the rebate offer and buy a 06 Sonata?

Last edited by ironmonkey; September 28th, 2005 at 07:46 PM..
ironmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
TH23, have you seen this yet?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ine.promo.2g.*

The Camry, Accord, and Altima (not in Edmunds comparison) just got owned . Hopefully this will light a fire under Honda's, Toyota's and Nissan's butt and show them that they just can't sit around thinking their cars have no other equal outside of the Japanese car manufactures.
we are going to have to see how the long term reliability turns out before we jump on the it's better than accord or camry bandwagon. Initial results look promising though......
YeuEmMaiMai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #33
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
it's not really a bandwagon. honda and toyota need to keep overall value in mind. with cars like the sonata encroaching on their sales, they may have a problem on their hands in years to come. hyundai hasn't just jumped on the scene. they've been making cars for years now; and they're getting customers that would ordinarily buy honda or toyota.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV_33
HwaNi.J30A-C all I am trying to state is that everyone keeps talking about how great the 10 year/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty is. You should really take a look into what is what isn't covered. For example when my sister hit the 45,000 mile mark, she needed her alternator replaced. Hyundai said at that point they consider that a "wear and tear" issue and that the warranty no longer covered that part. there were like others things that went out like the backlight on her cd player, Hyundai also refused to fix that under warranty as well. Is that how a bumper to bumper warranty really works?

And the part that they insisted that since my sister drove the car too much, if their cars were so reliable and better built and keep in mind that she followed their maintenence schedule religiously, is this really a logical excuse? Like when you sitting in the dealership signing the papers for the cars, do you ever hear saleperson slip in, "hey i hope you only intend to drive xx,xxx miles of annually because anything more, it might break the parts".

I am just providing my sister's experience with Hyundai to help buyers like you to get information. and being outdated on my sources? I think seeing how the car drives first hand is pretty good one. I mean what would be a better one? Driving by a dealership admiring the car's exterior looks?
I agree ith you somewhat because why are they the only company that offers such a warranty? From previous experience with Hyundai & Kia they aren't quite up to speed with Toyota,Honda,Nissan,Subaru in quality. This is where such a generous warranty comes in.
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to ins-tib-ility
And while they aren't necessarily up to speed . . . my 2003 tiburon has 40k on the clock now and hasn't been in for service (warranty or otherwise) other than regular oil changes yet . . . knock on wood.
ins-tib-ility is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #36
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
Quote:
Originally Posted by wht/accord99v6
I agree ith you somewhat because why are they the only company that offers such a warranty? From previous experience with Hyundai & Kia they aren't quite up to speed with Toyota,Honda,Nissan,Subaru in quality. This is where such a generous warranty comes in.
From your "previous experience" of course.

What people tend to forget, is that hyundai was actually rated better in reliability than honda and etc. forgot what edition of the consumer report it was. do a search, it was actually everywhere. all the honda fanatics got pissed. including me.

My previous 02 honda AV6 and current BMW is causing more troubles than cars of my relatives in south korea. (Of course, they all drive korean made cars)
Does this mean honda/bmw is worse than hyundai just because of my single experience? NOPE.

Hyundai still has ALOT of catch-up to do, but its amazing they even got this far in my opinion.
Like Hyundai Motor Co. CEO said, they started 10yrs/100,000 warranty plan not because their cars cause so much trouble and they have to cover it for long time, but to prove how confident they are to the public, that hyundai is no longer a "break-down everywhere" brand. If they really did build cars that break down so much, 10yrs warranty will drive them out of business.

Last edited by HwaNi.J30A-C; January 20th, 2006 at 06:42 PM..
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2006, 12:55 AM   #37
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
it's not really a bandwagon. honda and toyota need to keep overall value in mind. with cars like the sonata encroaching on their sales, they may have a problem on their hands in years to come. hyundai hasn't just jumped on the scene. they've been making cars for years now; and they're getting customers that would ordinarily buy honda or toyota.

Competition between car manufactures is always a good thing because in the end, the consumer wins .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwaNi.J30A-C
Hyundai still has ALOT of catch-up to do, but its amazing they even got this far in my opinion.
That is true, but they've done something that Ford couldn't even do. Ford dumped the Taurus and just idled the assembly plant that produced it for new the Fusion, a car that's based on the Mazda 6 platform. But unlike Ford, Hyundai was able to keep the same mid-sized sedan and bring it up to Accord and Camry levels. If that's not an accomplishment, I don't know what is.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #38
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
and not only that but hyundai today reported a record quarter on stronger than expected sales of its sonata and santa fe platforms.

hyundai expects to be amongs the top 5 car manufacturers by 2010. uhoh byebye big 2.....
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #39
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
emm lots of interesting info!
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #40
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Just a comment about warranty work. I think most accord owners here know that not all dealers are the same. Some will fix stuff under warranty w/ no issues, some will give you a lot of crap and not fix anything under warranty.

The same thing applies to every other car manufacturer and dealer. For those who complained that your local Hyundai dealer did not do warranty work, you should hav gone to another dealer. If its still know, then contact the regional rep and keep moving up the ladder. That's what we do when dealing with recalcitrant Honda and Toyota dealers and everyone should do the same w/ their individual dealer.

I now own a VW beetle convertible and I've had my share of problems with it just like any other car. However, I got recommendations from my friends and went to a dealer that does GREAT warranty work, no questions asked. They don't even charge to check up on issues for me like the local Honda dealers do. How's that for service? I used to read a lot of horror stories on V6P and the VW forums about VW dealers, but as someone said before, not all dealers are created equal. For every bad dealer out there, there are usually 2 or 3 good ones.

Same deal with Toyota. The dealer down the street from my house sucks. When I took my car into service and gave them the list of TSB's to look at. They said that I should enjoy my car more and stop looking for problems. What a load of crap. I turned around and told them, in that case, I'll take my business elsewhere. I now drive 10 miles further to goto the dealer where I bought my car to get serviced. I've gotten no hassles about warranty work from Alexandria Toyota and perfectly willing to go out of my way to get good service. For those in the DC area, Jim Coleman Toyota sucks big time. same deal w/ Lustine Toyota with their shady a*s sales folks and lousy service. 355 Toyota are a bunch of crooks as well

As far as Hyundai's go. A friend w/ a Sonata just had his alternator replaced at 37,000 miles under warranty. He had gone to a dealer that wouldn't replace it and he just promptly went to another dealer that had no problems replacing it under warranty. It's funny, he actually got a postcard from hyundai asking how his service was at the frist one and he wrote back a blistering comment about how they were all lying cheats and will never get his business every again. This was a month ago, so he's waiting to see what Hyundai will do in reponse to that comment.

VW calls me after every service to see if I had a good experience. So does my Toyota dealer. I never recalled getting anything from Honda, so I guess it depends on the dealer and how much they care about quality service.

What's really interesting is the fact that its NOT the car that makes the most profits for dealers. It's the service that makes the most profits. You would think its a no brainer that all dealers should provide great service, but as everyone knows, not every dealer understands this simple concept.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
I think we can all agree that buying any car is going to be a financial blackhole. Also regardless of what manufacture your car is, you'll always run into a shady dealeship service center

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #42

i saw it w/ the body kit looks nice
da mayor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
VW calls me after every service to see if I had a good experience. So does my Toyota dealer. I never recalled getting anything from Honda, so I guess it depends on the dealer and how much they care about quality service.

Dizzy
I always get a fat letter from Honda asking me how the service was and if Im willing to continue buying honda products...One time it was like 3pages long, thas when I got 70,000 check up. It cost me ALOT
blackhawk411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #44
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk411
I always get a fat letter from Honda asking me how the service was and if Im willing to continue buying honda products...One time it was like 3pages long, thas when I got 70,000 check up. It cost me ALOT
you need to get to know your dealership better. its hot when you all know each other by first name basis, and they treat you like royalty. at that point i dont mind shelling out some extra dough for nice guys. i just buy the material myself let them do the labor sort of deal.

eg oil changes for me cost 17, and 30 for my "Bring your own oil"

i usuallu just tip them 10, and end up with a satisfactory look under the car etc etc with the techs. have them lookover various stuff that could be wrong with it, and i happy.
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
you need to get to know your dealership better. its hot when you all know each other by first name basis, and they treat you like royalty. at that point i dont mind shelling out some extra dough for nice guys. i just buy the material myself let them do the labor sort of deal.

eg oil changes for me cost 17, and 30 for my "Bring your own oil"

i usuallu just tip them 10, and end up with a satisfactory look under the car etc etc with the techs. have them lookover various stuff that could be wrong with it, and i happy.
How do you tip them? Do you tip your service represenative or the mechanic?
blackhawk411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #46
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk411
How do you tip them? Do you tip your service represenative or the mechanic?

sort of drop 10 to the rep, who gives it out i guess. i really like these guys at my ex dealership, so much so that i drive 300 miles roundtrip for servicing. ( i move to NYC from western ma).
Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM   #47
Banned

drove new v6 sonata for a week, that car is as fast as my 2001 3.2 Acura CL (when I was stock). I think they are 240hp/230tq, impressive
tommy020 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in