forget the sonata, check out the hyundai azera.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > HYUNDAI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #1
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Lightbulb forget the sonata, check out the hyundai azera..

www.hyundaiazera.com

OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #2
TQ challenged

For luxury cars the name equals status. Names like BMW, Toyota Avalon, Acura RL, Infiniti G35, or Nissan Maxima.
Status from a Hyundai would be hard sell. Just try imagining a CEO saying he drives a Azera. ??? Azera??.

But who knows what the market response will be..our Prime Minister drives a Chevy Impala!

The good. It has a long warranty and given the low selling price, Hyundai should sell boat loads of these cars.
ironmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #3
DjC
6th gen

back looks like a 4dr 7th gen... least they have competitive power now
DjC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 30th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #4
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
i saw 2 of these one day after a meet, we thought they were 7th gens at first!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #5
indoctidiscant

there is also the sonata that looks identical to those from the rear. what impresses me is the options on this thing, ad have you you checked out the sound system?
Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:48 PM   #6

hyunai licks sweaty monkey balls anyway
alex1089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #7
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Looks like this is replacing the slow selling Hyundai XG350. The new 265 HP 3.8L DOHC all aluminum V6 looks very promising compared to the old 194 HP 3.5L DOHC iron block V6 in the XG350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1089

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #8
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Looks just like a 7th gen Accord sedan in the rear. Those look like LED taillights too.

Dash and shifter styled after the 2nd gen Solara's.

Similar design and layout found on 7th gen Accord gauges.

The car is new but the much of the style isn't .

Old April 5th, 2005, 03:31 AM   #9
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

It's a nice car, that's for sure Even with all of those features, it should still sticker for less than $30k.

I think the new Sonata's exterior design is more cohesive and more attractive overall, but the Azera has a few good angles. The front-end is the worst part of the car, IMO. If I squint a little while looking at it, it's like I'm looking at the front of a Buick Regal The resemblance is almost frightening LOL.

The interior is extremely nice, even if it does look as if the design were stolen from Toyota's styling department It's definitely got the Sonata's interior beat hands-down styling-wise. It looks richer, too, thanks to a healthy amount of faux wood trim splashed throughout the dash, door panels and steering wheel.

Now, if only they could put the Azera's interior and engine into the Sonata's body... Actually, the engine would fit because it's the same block (Lambda) as the Sonata's. Hmmm...

Speaking of the engine, if the preliminary specs hold true, the Azera will be a fairly quick car. It should be able to out-accelerate the 7G Accord V6 AT and come within a few tenths of the new Avalon, according to CarTest. CarTest also shows that it should hit high-14's at the track without much trouble. With numbers like that, it will be quite the sleeper

It'll be interesting to see what kind of response this car gets from the automotive press, and if it will be able to maintain a bargain-basement (for the class) price.

Last edited by TH23; April 5th, 2005 at 03:33 AM..
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #10

is the motor all new or did they source it from somebody?
BasicAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #11

that is beautiful! man, i think we might get a hyundai family car!

it comes with a cold-air intake SICK.
Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #12
TQ challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon
that is beautiful! man, i think we might get a hyundai family car!

it comes with a cold-air intake SICK.
Then you'll love this slick Azera ad from Hyundai !
Click here, no 56K
ironmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #13
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicAV6
is the motor all new or did they source it from somebody?
Yes, it's an all-new motor that Hyundai designed from the ground up. Like the Honda J-series V6, it's offered in multiple displacements ranging from 2.5 to 3.8 litres. For the time being, North America will only see the 3.3 (Sonata/Kia Optima) and 3.8 (Azera/Kia Sedona) versions.
Old April 6th, 2005, 11:18 PM   #14
indoctidiscant

basically what your seeing is luxury at cheap prices with reliable build quality and so so finish.

the sonata is a beautiful car in person. the azera so so..the front view is horrible on the azera.

but hey a sub 30 k car mean to go up against the TL and the Avalon...hey id bite. and so would a lot of other americans out there who want luxury but at the cheap ass price hyundai is offerin them.
Old April 7th, 2005, 02:41 AM   #15
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
basically what your seeing is luxury at cheap prices with reliable build quality and so so finish.

the sonata is a beautiful car in person. the azera so so..the front view is horrible on the azera.

but hey a sub 30 k car mean to go up against the TL and the Avalon...hey id bite. and so would a lot of other americans out there who want luxury but at the cheap ass price hyundai is offerin them.
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:16 AM   #16
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

It's been a while since anyone has talked about this car .

In that time, I've seen this car at a local car show and in just the past week, in a mall parking lot. The front-end is understated for a car this size but the rear looks very nice, especially when the taillights are all lit up . The car comes with 8 airbags, a 263 HP 3.8L V6 and an interior larger than a BMW 760i and MB S Class.

Prices:

Azera SE - $24,335
Azera Limited - $26,835

And just look at the list of standard features .

Azera SE: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/azera/trim/se.aspx
Azera Limited: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/az...m/limited.aspx

I would easily buy this car over the Ford 500 any day of the week. Even when Ford finally drops the new 3.5L V6 into the 500, it still won't be able to touch the Azera's impressive safety features and the extensive list of standard features. IMO, the only thing the Azera is missing is a navigation system. If Hyundai was able to make the XG300/350 replacement this good, image what they will do with the next Elantra.

Old March 1st, 2006, 12:34 AM   #17
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1089
Yeah that's why Toyota executives have stated in interviews that they're more worried about Hyundai than they are any other competitor.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM   #18
Eccenpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Prices:

Azera SE - $24,335
Azera Limited - $26,835

The price no one can compete against. Hyundai only need to earn some brand name in the State.
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:59 AM   #19

Yeah those prices are flat out AWESOME! Since the new Avalon (Touring) is at the top of my next car list, I'm definitely going to check out the Azera at the two auto shows I'm going to soon. Assuming reliability checks out as at least average or better it'll pass the "Steve's Engineering Test" criteria, but will probably still not pass the "Steve's Wife's Style/Appeal/Image Test"

As long as Hyundai keeps it up and doesn't allow their quality to slip (*cough*Nissan*cough*) their shoddy brand image will disappear for the most part in about 5 years, and completely in about 10.

I may show my wife some pics of the Azera, but photoshopped ones with any logos or badging removed that would give away who makes it. I bet she thinks it's some high end car. Hmmm... yeah I'm gonna do that.
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:11 AM   #20
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Yeah that's why Toyota executives have stated in interviews that they're more worried about Hyundai than they are any other competitor.
because someone else is finally making cars as boring as they are? good point!

haha. i guess, nice car, little money. we'll see how they do in long term reliability, even honda, when it came out with its all new, built from the ground up v6 J series, boned out on the tranny, so we'll see what kinks are in the system for hyundai/kia

for a boat, its cheap, i'll give em that.
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:49 AM   #21

that thing is on the same price as an accord V6 so I would bite...........
YeuEmMaiMai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:30 AM   #22
indoctidiscant

the thing with hyundai though is how their classes are mismatched in their interior material quality..

the sonata didnt seem to match up to the camry/accord interior..

but the azera just outdid those two.

so its sort of like in between..all they need to do is hire pininfarina to design their exteriors and they are set.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:13 AM   #23
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
because someone else is finally making cars as boring as they are? good point!

Seriously though, when one of the largest automobile manufactures starts worrying about a smaller competitor, you know they're doing something right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
haha. i guess, nice car, little money. we'll see how they do in long term reliability, even honda, when it came out with its all new, built from the ground up v6 J series, boned out on the tranny, so we'll see what kinks are in the system for hyundai/kia
Well the Lambda V6 engine in the Azera is a higher bored and stroked version of the same Lambda V6 engine found in the 2006 Sonata and 2007 Santa Fe (coming soon). And so far, I haven't heard anything bad about the V6 engine/transmission combo in the Sonata. But youíre right, only time will tell.

Hyundai engine info: http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-hyundai-engines

Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM   #24
POSSIBLE FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via AIM to maying856 Send a message via MSN to maying856
Nice performance specs for that price tag. But the styling of that car just bothers me, it seems like all the new cars that are coming out today all look identical. But back to the topic, I wouldnt buy it, after all......its just a Hyundai

maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:01 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by maying856
Nice performance specs for that price tag. But the styling of that car just bothers me, it seems like all the new cars that are coming out today all look identical. But back to the topic, I wouldnt buy it, after all......its just a Hyundai
But who knows in 10 years, you will be saying "i will buy this BECAUSE its a Hyundai"
blackhawk411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by maying856
I wouldnt buy it, after all......its just a Hyundai
that's what I call automotive racism.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM   #27
indoctidiscant

Quote:
people said it back in the 70s with honda and toyota.

i still think hyundai needs to step up its game in the styling department.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:40 AM   #28
POSSIBLE FRAUDULENT SELLER

Send a message via AIM to maying856 Send a message via MSN to maying856
Quote:
Im guilty.....
maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM   #29
Sinfully Sick

just redesign that car....slap on a coupe version for the younger ages....then they'll really pull it off. That engine and car specs in a coupe would be the teenage frenzy when they get their first car and the parents dont want to spend a bundle. Hyundai will take off for sure.

Hell if they had a coupe with those kind of specs, i'd be all over it. I wonder how that is comapred to the Altima SE-R
Sin-R V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in