F1 Boston Meet (5-14-05) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > REGIONAL CHAPTERS > MASSACHUSETTS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #1

F1 Boston Meet (5-14-05)

Let me know if you are interested:

info link
ferizzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2005, 09:20 PM   #2
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
can you give a bit more background on it... i read all the posts from the other forum. all i got was something about go-karts for $100 an hour... is it a meet, track, etc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #3

Its a Meet at a go-kart place in Braintree. Its a ton of fun...check out their website:

www.f1boston.com

Alright y'all. I missed a call from the F1 rep yesterday so I will try and follow up with them tonight or tomorrow. I am thinking of organizing this meet for 11am and then have the buffet from about 12:15-1:30ish. This is what I am going to shoot for unless the masses think this is too early.

**Please note that if racing begins at 11am you need to be there by 10am for a briefing, licensing, and a safety video. They will note let you race unless you see the video. I've been there about 3 or 4 times and have gone through it every single time.

Here is some more additional info. Please note that this is a little pricey so I am leaning towards the half hour although if we get enough people we can do the 1 hour bit and have a grand prix type event.

This is for track one, which is bigger. I've always done this one and its hella fun!

Hour track rental (exclusive use)
$850.00 (Includes day licenses)
Number of races and laps per race vary depending on the number of drivers.

1 Hour track rental (exclusive use)
$1,700.00 (Includes day licenses)
Number of races and laps per race vary depending on the number of drivers.

Assuming we have 17 people that would be 100 bucks for an hour. This should include licensing and everything you need to race for an hour. Track one can hold upto 12 people at once. I will see if any discounts are available. if we do a half hour for 16 people then it comes out to roughly 54 per person with people getting one to two races in.

My suggestion is that if we have 12 or fewer we do a half hour. If we can get 20-24 people then we can optimize the hour and everyone gets at least 2 races in with the top 12 getting a third for the championship. obviously if we get 24 people it also lowers the cost. here is the list I have so far. I am breaking it up because I know some people still want to come out but might not want to race. we have 3 months so if you need to penny pinch a little a dollar a day should be enough to cover you!

Old February 16th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #4

bumping this biznatch!
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:35 AM   #5
EX-Featured Ride Coord.

Send a message via AIM to DaBenz7898 Send a message via MSN to DaBenz7898
hmmmm......very interested......went to f1 almost 3 years ago on my b-day......it was a blast
DaBenz7898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:43 AM   #6

Dabenz, hopefully you and others on here can make it. This is still taking place and I will try and get more info to you guys sooner rather than later.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:48 AM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
do you race in your own cars or what?

and what are the lap times on this track?

and how exactly are we going to be able to race 17 ppl in an hour?

5 races? 10 mins each?

just wondering. i think i might be down and can get my roommate to turn out as well.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:28 PM   #8

Yeahhh... Acura-Zine.com and v6p.net represent!!!!
Vtech1213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to formatsee
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
do you race in your own cars or what?

and what are the lap times on this track?

and how exactly are we going to be able to race 17 ppl in an hour?

5 races? 10 mins each?

just wondering. i think i might be down and can get my roommate to turn out as well.

its high speed go-karts, one hour grand prix style race. i think the max ppl is 12 or 16 per race.
formatsee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #10

Thanks formatsee. Any questions about F1 just check out their website (www.f1boston.com). On track one the max is 12 per race. These are go-karts. I believe laps avg something like 25 seconds and the karts go around 30mph (have to double check). Anyway here are some new details. Please get back to me ASAP if interested. V6 and Acura-Zine peeps getting first dibs but might have to open it up to other forums:

Hey everyone,

I spoke to the manager and got a quote as far as racing. Please note that this is not the final price but I need everyone who is interested to pay me so that I can reserve the time and day. I am still looking to bring the price down but in the meantime I do not feel like putting down all the money and then having people back out at the end. The necessary deposit is $850 and so I need everyone on the list below to give me their $65 by Sunday (3/13/05):

1. ferizzo
2. DEI99662
3. SONNYS99TL
4. UnsanePyro
5. Ray Khan
6. SSMTL04
7. Always Dirty
8. Greenmonster
9. savage
10. TI_TSX
11. jfonz25
12. JMoMo
13. ls91crx

Once the final price is determined and the number of participants confirmed then I will return any money (if need be). Please note that with the low number of people commited we would do a half hour of racing (although everyone would race the entire half hour...3 races I believe). If we get more people to commit then we would extend it to a full hour.

Some of the guys on the list I know personally but I will let you guys tell me how you would like to pay for it (mail me a check, paypal, or even in person)...whatever is easiest/safest for you. Just as an FYI I live in Quincy and for those further away I can maybe meet halfway. I am willing to meet face to face so that those that don't know me can get to meet me and not feel like I might run off with the money. Should we not get the necessary funds for the down payment I may reschedule or cancel the event (the racing part as we can still have the buffet) and return everyone's money who pays. Please let me know ASAP about payment by PMing me or sending me an email at [email protected].

Thanks,
Freddy
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:51 AM   #11

If I don't hear back from people then the racing will be cancelled. The Meet is still going to take place and most likely the buffet but since people are slow to respond I will lose the track reservation this weekend. People should still be able to race but it will be with the general public.

Thanks,
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to KaineJuice Send a message via Yahoo to KaineJuice
I would like to meet but on that date is Battle of the Imports in Rockingham,Va for those of you that are heavy into car shows like myself.

Kaine Juice
http://members.cardomain.com/kainejuice
KaineJuice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:17 AM   #13
indoctidiscant

id like to say im down but i have to take the CFA on June 5 and that needs heavy heavy studying. If it was after that i could definately say im down but cant really say.

battle of imports? i remember going to one in petersboro in va back in 2000 and i was soooooooo dissapointed. it wasnt even big,

mebbe this one would be,
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #14

Good luck on your CFA exam
Vtech1213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #15
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtech1213
Good luck on your CFA exam
thanks

I HATE THE AIMR for their money making schemes. and stupid mindless learning.
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #16

I am *****boy from www.honduh.com, and I may have 7 more people for you.. we were planning a trek to F! boston on april 30th.. but we may be joining up with you fellas.. let me know some information so I can post it on our forum

http://www.honduh.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9111
killahaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in